Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

I need a new transmission club

Go down 
+6
FaselZ71
bigcountry78
1993GMCSierra
76silverado
007jimmy
merlin5577
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

I need a new transmission club - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyOctober 23rd 2009, 4:35 pm

Well an update... My ex tranny guy/ex friend has now given me back my transmission and to no suprise when I got it back it hasn't been fixed and he has made it a point to tell me to never bother him with my presence again... His exact words where... "I'm tired of working of your crap and I'm tired of listening to you piss and moan because I'm not jumping to help you out when I'm doing work for you for free! I've been busy making money to pay my bills and all your worried about is a transmission that your probably gonna fry in a couple months anyway so here's your trans and I don't plan on hearing from your ever again!!"

I replied with "Ok fine I'm tired of waiting on your butt so thank you for bringing back the shell and I think it's time for you to leave!!"
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyOctober 23rd 2009, 4:38 pm

So now the search for a good shop begins?
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyOctober 23rd 2009, 4:46 pm

Nah I searched craigslist and have found a 2wd short shaft 700r4 that the guy garentee's will work because the only reason he's parting out the truck is because the MC went out on the truck in question and he's got another and just used this one to move stuff around his property and he doesn't feel like fixing it so he's parting it out and selling it! So all I have to do is change the cone out for my Tcase adapter plate and I'm golden... Although for now I lack the 250 bucks the guy said if I'm serious about buying it and can have the money within a week or 2 he'll hold onto it for me and won't sell it out from under me!!! So I've gotta wait for a paycheck then pay my insurance and then I may have to wait for another week for the rest of the money... Unless I find 250 before then... However either way within 2 weeks my #1 spot in the transmission club will be up for grabs!!! And I'll glady resign from the club!!! Then shortly there after I'll be inducting myself into the above 8" of lift club and the SAS club!! I pray I get it done before snow flies because this POS car I've been forced to drive will crash shortly after leaving the driveway in the snow!!!! Things are beginning to get slightly brighter but I'm not counting my chickens before the eggs hatch that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyOctober 23rd 2009, 5:39 pm

Well good luck to you then. Laughing
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyOctober 23rd 2009, 6:55 pm

if you werent in utah i would take it off you but then again.. i would have to teach the wife how to drive a standard.. lol..
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 6:06 pm

huh??? You talking to me? I'm not in utah! I'm only one state up and two over... And what manual are you talking about? The mitsi!! Good luck! I told the wife I wa gonna wrap it around a tree and she said no cause then she'd have to buy a front clip! WTF! It'll be a cold day in hell when she gets rid of this car!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 6:28 pm

I think he is talking about the post Batty made earlier.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 7:27 pm

Ohhh.... I see!!

***UPDATE***

Got to love craigslist! I just called on a different transmission for my truck and this one is a 4x4 trans out of a 92 chevy 1500 that was wrecked in a front end collision the only damage to the trans was a kinked dipstick tube!!!! Big deal!!! The trans is about an hour closer to my house and $50 cheaper then the other one! I told him I'd buy it Friday if he could wait that long and he told me I was the first person to call!!! YAY!!! And I'll have the money for sure by tomorrow or friday by the latest! So in less then 7 days I will be resigning my chair in the I-N-A-T-C!!!! YAY!!!!
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 7:59 pm

just better hope its a good tranny.. granted the one thats going in my truck was from a wrecked blazer but i got to drive it before i pulled it out..
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 8:11 pm

The guy was driving when he wrecked it... Got it towed home and he proceeded to part it out! I would guess it'd be ok... I've never heard of a tranny puke out because of a frontal impact?
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 9:12 pm

How did the other guy like your new deal?
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 11:32 pm

He won't answer my phone calls... So fudge him! If it's not that important to him then I'll take my business elsewhere!! Know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyOctober 27th 2009, 1:00 am

i have heard rumor that if the crank on the motor is hit in the wreck, the transmission often will be damaged inside.... i dunno if its true, but i have heard it...
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyOctober 27th 2009, 7:21 pm

batty1214 wrote:
i have heard rumor that if the crank on the motor is hit in the wreck, the transmission often will be damaged inside.... i dunno if its true, but i have heard it...

that does make sense............
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyOctober 27th 2009, 7:21 pm

FaselZ71 wrote:
He won't answer my phone calls... So fudge him! If it's not that important to him then I'll take my business elsewhere!! Know what I mean?

Yea i hear ya on that, I hate it when people do that.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyOctober 28th 2009, 12:26 pm

batty1214 wrote:

Does make sense. Definately check the play in the output shaft.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyOctober 31st 2009, 2:44 pm

Well the motor was fine just the motor mount was broke so it pinched off the dipstick tube... And I'm getting ready to put it in the moment of truth is near I'm just trying to catch a break in the rain to move everything into place without getting soaked if it rains when I'm under it that's ok cause I'll stay dry I just don't wanna get soaked before I have to get under it!!!

I update in a few hours when everything is done!!!! Keep 'em crossed!!!!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyOctober 31st 2009, 10:34 pm

Good luck man.
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyOctober 31st 2009, 11:17 pm

Git R Done! Then post about it.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyNovember 1st 2009, 4:57 pm

Well I didn't update last night because of trick or treating! But....

I'm hereby resigning my position as Tranmission club member #1!

Basically

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After a few hours and 4 quarts of fluid my truck moves under it's own power! Detent was adjusted correctly and now she'll shift into second and I'll floor it to make sure it downshifts and once it hits first ther tires break loose! I'm so happy I've got my truck back!

So long Trans club so long!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyNovember 1st 2009, 4:59 pm

Laughing Punk.....

Congratulations Fasel.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyNovember 1st 2009, 5:01 pm

Thanks Rob!! Thank you everyone for putting up with my whining and complaining for so long now!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyNovember 1st 2009, 5:02 pm

No worries, glad your back up and running.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 EmptyNovember 1st 2009, 5:04 pm

Yup and no phase 1 should be completed by this friday... should be being the key word but the mitsi is now becoming almost undrivable the transmission in the car has devloped a severe vibration so the truck will be one the road within a week cause I don't think the car will last that long!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need a new transmission club   I need a new transmission club - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I need a new transmission club
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2