Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
In2Trux
In2Trux

Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission  Empty
PostSubject: Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission    Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission  EmptyNovember 14th 2010, 9:24 pm

Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission and 20 Billion mile of service.
This is the new Duramax and Allison Transmission website.

Check it out. What do you think? I mean check it out, try some of the links.

The Legendary Stories of Duramax & Allison

Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission    Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission  EmptyNovember 15th 2010, 11:05 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

PostSubject: Re: Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission    Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission  EmptyNovember 22nd 2010, 11:49 pm

So now the one tons have IFS? Not sure how I feel about that. I will still probably get a duramax for my next truck.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission    Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission  EmptyNovember 23rd 2010, 12:03 pm

The one tons have had IFS since... 1992 if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

PostSubject: Re: Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission    Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission  EmptyNovember 24th 2010, 5:21 pm

yea Gm has used IFS in all their trucks for a long time, and it has proven a reliable system, and the new ones are even more beefed up than before

they use IFS in the humvee and things like the OSHKOSH, it must work.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

PostSubject: Re: Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission    Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission  EmptyNovember 24th 2010, 8:21 pm

merlin5577 wrote:
The one tons have had IFS since... 1992 if I remember correctly.

Huh. I always thought they had solids in the 1 ton's. Well, shows you how much I know aboot GM.

Like I said, I'm happy with my Chevy I got now and when the time comes to upgrade, I'll probably stick with Chevy.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission    Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission  EmptyNovember 25th 2010, 1:04 pm

Actually merlin they have used IFS in all there trucks except the suburban and full size blazer since '88. The S series trucks had IFS back as far as 85... Actually for as long as they have been in production the S series pickups and blazers where never offered with a solid front axle. The '87 classic body style was the last year for solid front end. Jimmeh any Gm truck that doesn't have protruding hubs has IFS. And some trucks like the jeeps and dodges have a semi floating solid front axle meaning they have the solid style axle with the steering knuckle attached to the axle tube with ball joints just like any other but the big difference is they only have one wheel bearing and a CV outer axle shaft versus the FF solid front axle which has 2 wheel bearings a splined axle shaft that the tire floates on hense the Full Floater instead on hanging off the single bearing. Which therein lies the strength of a FF solid front axle and FF rear axle.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission    Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission  EmptyNovember 25th 2010, 2:13 pm

Holy crap axle man! Shocked

I stand corrected. Laughing Thanks for the info Brian. Rep points awarded for that post.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission    Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission  EmptyNovember 25th 2010, 3:04 pm

Thanks merlin!! And no problem for the info. I'm glad to be able to use my knowledge and help people who actually know what I'm talking about. I talk to my wife but she looks at me like WTF are you talking about!! lol
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

PostSubject: Re: Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission    Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission  EmptyNovember 25th 2010, 8:19 pm

FaselZ71 wrote:
Thanks merlin!! And no problem for the info. I'm glad to be able to use my knowledge and help people who actually know what I'm talking about. I talk to my wife but she looks at me like WTF are you talking about!! lol

lol! i know how you feel Fasel, they just stare at you like your mental, but then when they talk about girly crap my brain shuts right off Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission    Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission  Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Anniversary to Duramax and Allison Transmission
Page 1 of 1