Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

without using google

Go down 
+5
semocoachworks
79_bronco
johnboggs21
merlin5577
batty1214
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

without using google - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 7:13 pm

in 1948 the michelin tire company introduced the first passenger car tire in a radial....
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 7:16 pm

what company invented the first practical pneumatic tire? what was it for/ used on, and what company did it become?
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 7:17 pm

i did a project on the tire so... im gonna keep my mouth shut
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 7:20 pm

beats me.. these questions get way too deep into the history of tires for me lol
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 8:06 pm

It was actually John Boyd Dunlop.... Dunlop tires.... which then became the gooyear - dunlop tire company, which is now the goodyear tire company.... with Dunlop being on of the "brands" that they have under their company... you know, like Kelly Tire....... The first practical tire was made for a bicycle..... Johns boy would get headaces from riding his bike, that had steel wheels.....
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 8:13 pm

holy crap, i was going to use that as a stupid guess hahahah.. i didn't know dunlop was that old of a company
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 8:56 pm

yeah, Dunlop actually started as the Dunlop rubber company over In Ireland, in I believe 1888 ish....
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 8:59 pm

holy oldness lol
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 9:07 pm

007jimmy, i wish i only knew all this from a project on tires...... i have now spend a week at bridgestone, a week at micheline, and 4 days at the goodyear tire factory learning about tires, the history, the way they are made, what to look for in the way of potential failures...... but im learning about the earthmover tires.... you know, 37.00r57,50/65-51, and the new monsters, the 63 inch tires for the caterpillar 797 ridgid truck...... im to the point i hate tires.... which sucks, cause i am the tire man for simplot phosphates, here in utah...
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 9:26 pm

lol why would you need to know the history of tires? it's not like you're dealing with antique junk tires lol
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 9:40 pm

well...... I deal with alot of old equipment....... and, I have run into a few of the first earthmover tires...... they are junk..... I really dont need the history of tires, but its one of the "interesting" things that they share in training....
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 10:02 pm

aaaah, so they're not actually trying to beat it into your head.. just giving you some useless info to try and fool us! lol
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 10:06 pm

its always helpfull to know the history of a tire when your tryin to sell it.. lol.. alot of companys use that as a sales pitch..
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 10:08 pm

troofzz
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 10:26 pm

yeah, Micheline sales guys love to use the fact that they had the first radial tire for earthmovers...... Im glad i aint in the sales side of it.... the other thing that is nice to have history for, is so I can see where the tires started, and how far they have come
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 10:36 pm

i wonder how far INTERCO has come lol
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 10:49 pm

Interco has come along way.... they started as a company providing tires for people wanting task specific tires..... they have forced the other companies "Mud" tires to become alot more advanced, and they hae furthered the offroad world.. there really isnt a tire that compares to the super swamper Bogger, as far as number of people using it in the world, and its effectivness in its intendd terrain... mud.... Interco is a company that has built a name for itself by providing an excelent product.... and they are advancing now.... if you look 10 years ago, the number of Radial mud specific tires was far and few.... I think that interco offers 5 or so as of now, and they are working on a few more.... I dont know alot about the Interco company, as they dont produce a tire big enough for the Mining industry....
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 11:09 pm

as of late.. interco has been designing more of an all-terrain line up.. they have god knows how many variations of the TSL in their line-up that i don't even care to count.. but boggers are by far the most loved and hated tire there is in the off-road tire market. most of the people who hate them have gotten stuck in ruts made by boggers lol
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 29th 2009, 12:31 am

boggers serve one porpous.... get you there.... they usually dont help out the guy behind you though!!!! ROFL
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 29th 2009, 1:42 am

trust me, i know.. a guy i used to be good friends with has a C10 on 44x19(?) boggers.. we only made the mistake of letting him go in front of another truck once.. unfortunately, i happened to find his ruts once, instant stuck on my 38's lol you can tell by the small rooster tail off my LF tire, i was stuck.. below that is the truck that made the ruts and him to the left of the last picture

without using google - Page 3 June3014

without using google - Page 3 Misfits017

without using google - Page 3 June3012
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 29th 2009, 8:44 pm

I want that truck please and thank you!
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 29th 2009, 8:45 pm

he'll sell it to you.. 8k lol
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 29th 2009, 8:47 pm

I bet so, but i have no 8k, so, cookies?
without using google - Page 3 Chocol10
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 29th 2009, 8:47 pm

woooooooooooo cookies!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 EmptyNovember 29th 2009, 9:18 pm

So can i have the truck??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

without using google
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Truck Source :: Mechanics Corner :: General Tech-
Jump to: