Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

without using google

Go down 
+5
semocoachworks
79_bronco
johnboggs21
merlin5577
batty1214
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

without using google - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 1:37 pm

by looking at the sidewall, what does the tire industry use to tell between a radial, and bias tire???? the answer im looking for isnt the word radial or bias molded on the sidewall, as some tires do not have that.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 1:52 pm

10psi? i've seen 16.5's come off the bead at 20 for no reason
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 1:54 pm

and bias plies do form flat spots! i used to hate driving my bronco after sitting for more than a day.. the flat spots made the rust rattle off lol
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 2:03 pm

yes 79, the bias tires do form flat spots..... it doesnt take a day if you have enough weight on them..... and just on a unloaded vehicle they flat spot...... i havent had any come off the bead on me, but then, i havent run bias tires on any light trucks....
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 2:07 pm

batty1214 wrote:
by looking at the sidewall, what does the tire industry use to tell between a radial, and bias tire???? the answer im looking for isnt the word radial or bias molded on the sidewall, as some tires do not have that.

The sidewall tread... Bias plys have side tread that can go as low as the bead. Radials because of the tread cap and the carcass difference the side tread can only go as low as the tread cap.

79_bronco wrote:
10psi? i've seen 16.5's come off the bead at 20 for no reason

Yeah that's because the outside beadseat is so crappy they'll roll out.

79_bronco wrote:
and bias plies do form flat spots! i used to hate driving my bronco after sitting for more than a day.. the flat spots made the rust rattle off lol

I know I never said you where wrong bud... I said you where close you just left out some info... lol
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 2:22 pm

uh, the tread can give it away, but im looking for a little different answer, due to the fact that some radials and bias tires share tread design.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 2:22 pm

wooT.. i hate flat spots yet i stick with bias plies anyway.. go figure lol
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 2:44 pm

batty1214 wrote:
uh, the tread can give it away, but im looking for a little different answer, due to the fact that some radials and bias tires share tread design.

Yeah some radials share tread design but they don't share sidewall patterns the TSL bp and the TSL radial and the TSL sx and TSL SSR all share tread design but sidewall patterns are all different.

However I guess I don't know what exactly your looking for. I'm interested to learn now...
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 2:53 pm

lol i love boggers, but hate the fact that they eat wheel bearings for lunch Sad
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 2:57 pm

Yeah boggers do and so do egg shaped gumbos trust I'm speaking from experince!! lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 3:14 pm

lmao
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 5:26 pm

the answer im hunting for, is actually contained in the size...... for instance..... if a tire say 235/85-16 or 12-15 it is a bias tire..... radial have the 33/12.50R15.... or at least goodyear, michelin, anc bridgestone uses this method.... im not sure about the activity specific tire companies, such as interco...... I always thought the r stood for rim.... but all three companies told me in training, that the R is in fact radial......
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 5:29 pm

which tire is better used on side hilling??? fasel gave a good hint
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 6:06 pm

i'm pretty sure all interco radials have the R

and what is 'side hilling?'
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 6:25 pm

driving sideways acrossed a hill or grade, rather than up or down.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 6:28 pm

oh, beats me.. i just drive over hills and into mud lol
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 11:48 am

Bais ply tires with good side tread and beadlocks because if your side hilling as you call it you weight will shift to the lowest point and the beads and sidewalls will be your standing legs.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 2:21 pm

what year was the first radial tire produced?
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 2:23 pm

Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 2:51 pm

cheater..... j/k..... when did they start to mass produce them, and start radials as the standard for passenger vehicles? extra points for who brought radials into production at this time
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 4:17 pm

cooper?
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 4:23 pm

goodyear?
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 4:32 pm

i know, interco! LMAO drunken
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 4:54 pm

Duralon?
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 7:12 pm

wow this is takin me back to highschool lol.. i wanna say michilen made them popular in the 1950s..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: without using google   without using google - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

without using google
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Truck Source :: Mechanics Corner :: General Tech-
Jump to: