Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

GM full size trucks to receive an update.

Go down 
+2
1993GMCSierra
merlin5577
6 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

GM full size trucks to receive an update. Empty
PostSubject: GM full size trucks to receive an update.   GM full size trucks to receive an update. EmptyJanuary 14th 2010, 12:13 pm

GM's executive committee recently approved several hundred million dollars to fund a major update for its full-size pickup trucks, according to a report in The Detroit News.

The Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra are expected to receive more aerodynamic exteriors, updated interiors and fuel efficiency improvements.

The current Silverado and Sierra light- and heavy-duty pickups were introduced in 2006 as 2007 models.

GM will introduce freshened 2011 Heavy Duty pickups this year with an all-new frame and a new Duramax 6.6-liter diesel V-8.

The updated trucks are two to three years away from showrooms.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/01/report-gms-fullsize-pickup-trucks-to-receive-major-update.html
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: GM full size trucks to receive an update.   GM full size trucks to receive an update. EmptyJanuary 14th 2010, 5:34 pm

Looks nearly the same to me...
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: GM full size trucks to receive an update.   GM full size trucks to receive an update. EmptyJanuary 14th 2010, 8:51 pm

That's what I thought but then again the trucks are probably still on the drawing table they just used the shot of the current trucks so we know what they're talking about!! lol
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: GM full size trucks to receive an update.   GM full size trucks to receive an update. EmptyJanuary 14th 2010, 8:53 pm

I still cant figure out why all the companies feel the need to change the looks of their vehicles every little while.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: GM full size trucks to receive an update.   GM full size trucks to receive an update. EmptyJanuary 17th 2010, 4:37 pm

They have to keep things fresh!!
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: GM full size trucks to receive an update.   GM full size trucks to receive an update. EmptyJanuary 17th 2010, 5:31 pm

cause if they didnt we would still be rolling around in horse drawn carragies with 200 hp.. lol .. i dunno about you but i wouldnt let my kids in the car with me..
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: GM full size trucks to receive an update.   GM full size trucks to receive an update. EmptyJanuary 17th 2010, 7:53 pm

I can understand changing things every now and then, but it seems like they do it every couple of years. I say they need to find somethin that works and stick with it for about 10 years before they change it up completely.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: GM full size trucks to receive an update.   GM full size trucks to receive an update. EmptyJanuary 18th 2010, 4:44 pm

Its all about demand John. Now days people think a 4 year old vehicle is 'old' so manufacturers have to keep changing and updating to compete.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: GM full size trucks to receive an update.   GM full size trucks to receive an update. EmptyJanuary 18th 2010, 6:32 pm

hell as far as I'm concerned, they all should have kept the old styles. If ford was still using the same style as what mine is then that would be just fine.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: GM full size trucks to receive an update.   GM full size trucks to receive an update. EmptyJanuary 18th 2010, 6:37 pm

I completely agree. The 70's and 80's Fords and GMs are the best design by far.
Back to top Go down
$/$-AMX
Valued Member
Valued Member
$/$-AMX

PostSubject: Re: GM full size trucks to receive an update.   GM full size trucks to receive an update. EmptyJanuary 18th 2010, 8:15 pm

They should have simply man the Ford obsolete and discontinued it Laughing

Mike
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: GM full size trucks to receive an update.   GM full size trucks to receive an update. EmptyJanuary 18th 2010, 8:19 pm

$/$-AMX wrote:
They should have simply man the Ford obsolete and discontinued it Laughing

Mike

If they did that, then theird be noone with enough power to pull out the chevys when they get stuck in a puddle.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: GM full size trucks to receive an update.   GM full size trucks to receive an update. EmptyJanuary 19th 2010, 11:06 am

Yeah I'll admit I had to get pulled out by a ford the other day! I had to back up an icy driveway and the driveway was on quite a grade and my truck broke loose and slide right off the edge and without 4wd I had to have my good friend pull me out in his exploder!! I'll never live this down!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: GM full size trucks to receive an update.   GM full size trucks to receive an update. EmptyJanuary 19th 2010, 7:35 pm

Nothing wrong with Fords. They make good trucks as well. Each Manufacturer has problems occasionally.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: GM full size trucks to receive an update.   GM full size trucks to receive an update. EmptyJanuary 19th 2010, 8:40 pm

merlin5577 wrote:
Nothing wrong with Fords. They make good trucks as well. Each Manufacturer has problems occasionally.

Agreed 100%!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GM full size trucks to receive an update.   GM full size trucks to receive an update. Empty

Back to top Go down

GM full size trucks to receive an update.
Page 1 of 1