Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Home Audio Question....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

Home Audio Question.... Empty
PostSubject: Home Audio Question....   Home Audio Question.... EmptyDecember 20th 2009, 6:47 pm

I just bought a "new" - 6 mo. old TV today($50 on Craigslist FTW) to upgrade from the old smaller one I had in my room (bought 4 years ago, used it maybe 20x, can't see the "GUIDE" anymore) and it's got a crapload of RCA inputs, outputs, etc in the back. The speakers in the TV are 8 Ohm, as are the ones I use to power my radio. The speakers are 1975 Marantz Imperial's (which are quite high end, even by todays standards) and have a unique plug, with two wires that run from it (that connected to the original receiver.) My question is, do they make a connector that has 2 wires at one end, and a Male RCA plug at the other? I'd like to hook those into the TV. The speakers have 10" woofers, 6.5" Midrange, and 1" tweeters, so the sound should be sweet.

Is there any way to make that work?

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Home Audio Question....   Home Audio Question.... EmptyDecember 20th 2009, 7:36 pm

just cut up a set of cheap rca cables.. there are 2 diffent kind.. one is a wire wrapped inside a wire and the other is 2 parallel wires.. eather one will work.. just got to make it work.. lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Home Audio Question....   Home Audio Question.... EmptyDecember 20th 2009, 8:10 pm

i've never seen dual wire rca's? just the single with the 2nd wire being wrapped inside
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: Home Audio Question....   Home Audio Question.... EmptyDecember 21st 2009, 12:37 am

I know exactly what you are talking about.... yeah they do make those wires.... I needed a set for a remodel I did for a customer who insited on hiding all her wires in the walls and use her old speakers with her new system.... anyways..... I found them at a specialty stereo store.... I am not sure what you have access to there, but in PA, we had a BOSE outlet store... they had to order them.... but I did get them....

Now if the customer was not paying, I would have done what Joe suggested and spiced my own... which will also work. Just my .02 cents though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytrucksource.com
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Home Audio Question....   Home Audio Question.... EmptyDecember 21st 2009, 9:05 am

Gotcha. I may run by Radioshack/Best Buy sometime this week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Audio Question....   Home Audio Question.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Home Audio Question....
Page 1 of 1