Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners

Go down 
+2
1993GMCSierra
Trucker_Eric
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners   Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners - Page 2 EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 2:46 pm

fairly comfortable.. not cadillac comfortable but smooth enough
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners   Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners - Page 2 EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 3:01 pm

smoother than an 88 mazda?
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners   Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners - Page 2 EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 3:21 pm

Well, it was a reliable engine, just gutless. It started nearly every time I hit the key. Never left me stranded. If you're going to drive around town or something, it's fine. But if you're climbing hills, merging onto freeway traffic, etc a lot, I'd get a 5.0 at least. The 4.3L sucks at those tasks.

Of course, it could have been many things. I just remember it never being a "road warrior." Or even a "road fluffy-bunny." Perhaps if I drive another truck with a 4.3L in it, I'll give it more credibility, but until that day...
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners   Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners - Page 2 EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 5:28 pm

well, i want to et something a little more girl friendly, my girlfriend is a complete prep and doesnt like to get dirty, her parents drive a newer suburban and a newer toyota highlander, hr mom is a real estate agent, her dad is something with bank of america. and my famil, i drive an 88 mazda, dad drives an excursion with a tubo diesel, he works on cars, we have a mowing buisness, mom works at mcd's, and i cut grass too. see, we are complete opposites so i want something thats comfortable, and girl friendly, bu also has guys an 4x4 for the trails.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners   Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners - Page 2 EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 7:44 pm

well the blazer is the vehicle of choose then.. my wife loves the blazer even after the lift and meaty tires. yeah the lift and all had to grow on her and then the paintjob did as well but i wanted an olive drab green truck so thats what she got stuck with.. lol now it just sits at my shop untill after the holidays when i have money again..

i would say shop around and try and get the best bang for your buck. the 4.3 is plenty reliable and if you have the ecu tuned youll be more then happy with the outcome. at first i had mine done by a guy in arizona but then i started to tweek it myself with a program a freind gave me.. i had it shifting like a dream and got rid of alot of the parimeters that held the motor back. mainly the tourqe managment. soon as i played with that a little it felt like i could climb a wall.. lol.. there are alot of things you can do to the truck to get it at a more respectible level power wise and ride wise.. gemme 6k for mine and you wont have to worry about anything. it got a newer rear, tranny will be rebuilt and the transfer case was just rebuilt when i put in the last tranny a month ago.. lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners   Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners - Page 2 EmptyDecember 17th 2009, 1:03 am

an s10/sonoma/blazer/jimmy is a great little stock truck.. i would recommend doing a 3" body lift and leaving it at that, if you were to lift 1 at all.. once you start tweaking the suspension on these things, you open up a can of worms, so to speak
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners   Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners - Page 2 EmptyDecember 17th 2009, 8:06 pm

i knew that, susepsion lifts arent my forte, i am not good at them at all, just mainly body lifts, because they are usually simple. jow, i would take yours in a heartbeat but i know that you beat the hell out of it and everything, no offense, lol, but i dont have 6k right now.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners   Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners - Page 2 EmptyDecember 17th 2009, 9:43 pm

lol.. but all the weak links have been replaced with something better.. the tranny i have now was built by a respectable high performannce shop but i cant think of the name right now. i am thinkin slp performance but im not sure if they built mine or the one i just bolted up to my buddies ls1. who ever built it i am told it will hold up to 800 hp and it better for as much as it costs. 1200 bucks and that dont include putting it in. reguardless im not really tryin to sell it but if someone handed me 6k i would sell it. i wanna build an ls1 with a turbo and nos for the grey truck.. im also gonna be building a 97 gsxr 1100 for the track too so i could use the cash. a freind is giving me it to build his motor. i have alot of plans for my jimmy still anyways so i wont sell it till i get bored.. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners   Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Attention 95-04 Blazer/Jimmy Owners
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2