Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

well boys its time to v8 the blazer

Go down 
+3
FaselZ71
zembonez
TATOR!!!
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TATOR!!!

TATOR!!!

well boys its time to v8 the blazer Empty
PostSubject: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptyAugust 31st 2009, 11:09 pm

ok now for those who dont know i have a 93 s10 blazer 4x4 that i lifted and didan sas on it wich by the way turned out pretty good for those who were following it in the last forun we were in
well this past weekend we went to the local mudd hole wich is about 6 feet deep at the moment in a few spots
and blew the v6 up in it not baddly but yea it is nolonger lol ill just say it sucked about four gallons of water threw the intake and still drovwe it the rest of the day threw all the holes and never lost anypower for some reason it still runs lol
but to get to the point i have gotten my hands on a a nice lil350 with a lil work done on it not sure what all is done but will find out at the machine shop next week but i do know it has an holley 850 dubble pumper and a hellacous intake with some 882 heads that by eye view have been ported and polished and bigger valves th eguy said it was pushin well over 550 horse power when it was i his mudd drag truck
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/joey shutt
zembonez
zembonez

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptyAugust 31st 2009, 11:41 pm

Do it!

I had an 89 S10 Blazer that I put a tuned port 350 / 700R4 in. It ran great and wasn't all that hard to do. Mine was a 2WD but you should have no problem... especially if you plan to run a carb.

Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.truckmodcentral.com
TATOR!!!

TATOR!!!

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 1st 2009, 12:33 am

yea its not to bad ive done a few of them in my day but i dont really wanna do the swap cuz i like showin the big dogs up with the v6 i go threw the same stuff they do and im runnin smaller motor and smaller tires im runnin 35s and they run 40s and bigger and i still stay with them and not get stuck
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 1st 2009, 10:56 am

Man tator that sounds awesome man!!!! 550 under the hood of a blazer that thing will basically do wheelstands! haha good luck man can't wait to see pics!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 1st 2009, 12:10 pm

Sounds like an awesome plan Tator, what do you have in mind for the rest of the drivetrain?

And yes, please take lots of pictures!
Back to top Go down
TATOR!!!

TATOR!!!

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 1st 2009, 4:42 pm

well for the drive train swap i have a few choices
1 a set of 3/4ton dana 60s and run 38s ordo a conversion take a set of corprte tens and take toyota axles and make use the the gm chunk and housing with yota outers with cromemoly shafts
a freind of mine runs that setup on amud truck with 40s and a 619dart motor and he hasent broke anything yet
but its gunn be a hefty price for the gears and the cromemolly axles to do that set up
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 1st 2009, 5:11 pm

What are your plans for a transmission?
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 1st 2009, 5:26 pm

Yeah definalty gonna have to swap the trans... Ways to many interal differences between the V6 and V8 trannies!!! If your going for economy go with a good 700r4 with a shiftkit... But if gas mileage ain't your bag then drop the OD and toss a 400 turbo in there!! If your going all out on your axles though look into diamond axles! They're next to bulletproof IMO!! www.Diamondaxles.com And I'd definalty upgrade your gears and run lockers!! And for a real pretty penny and maybe your first born get a 2 speed atlas Tcase with a gear reducer and have the ultimate crawler package!! But that's if you got the pockets... The plan you have sounds really nice though! I wonder if there's any way to turn those corporate 10's into full floaters? Can't go wrong with a FF axle!
Back to top Go down
TATOR!!!

TATOR!!!

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 1st 2009, 5:52 pm

well as far as the tranny i can go wich ever way i have a few to choose from i can get my hands on wichever i want but i have a munnsy our speed at the shop withe a 203 tc on it if i dicide to use that beast but i think im gunna go with th e400 with a dana 300tc i can get one for a good price
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 1st 2009, 7:50 pm

Sounds like a plan Tator... Should be a pretty stout trail irg when it's all said and done... You should start a new build thread here because my little brother has a 89 S15 and he thought your blazer was the crap when we where at T4L!! He was to SAS his and toss a V8 under the hood and he needs a point of reference for when and if he begins the build...
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 1st 2009, 8:24 pm

i think im gonna solid axle my blazer as well so we will be building our trucks together... lol
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 1st 2009, 8:28 pm

TATOR did you run crossover steering on your truck or did you stick with standard steering??
Back to top Go down
TATOR!!!

TATOR!!!

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 1st 2009, 8:45 pm

yea i have crossover steering but i need to modify it sum its to touchy doesnt haddle well i think im gunna try a z steer setup and see if that will solve the touchiness of it
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 1st 2009, 8:52 pm

Rite on... How is yours setup? did you use hiem joints or tie rods?
Back to top Go down
TATOR!!!

TATOR!!!

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 1st 2009, 9:27 pm

i used tie rods had to make a bracket on the pasengerside spindle for the tie rod end and then went up to the pitman arm
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 1st 2009, 10:55 pm

Heck yea!! Then it will be LOUD!
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 2nd 2009, 12:18 pm

Rite on that's what I was wondering... I'm using a 4" drop pitman with DOM and a 95 jeep cherokee tie rodand a standard 92 GMC tie rod and a flat top knuckle and a steering bar made out if 1/2 machined steel... I would love to get a crossover steering kit from Off Road Unlimited but I don't have $399 for the kit.
Back to top Go down
TATOR!!!

TATOR!!!

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 2nd 2009, 1:18 pm

yyea mine is the stock pitman arm and i maid the draig link and the steering arm out 3/4by sch.120 pipe
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 2nd 2009, 1:43 pm

Hell yeah whatever works... Now you said Z steering how's that work?
Back to top Go down
TATOR!!!

TATOR!!!

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 2nd 2009, 3:36 pm

its the same as cross over but is bent kinda like a z to damper the shock of the ride
www.off-road.com/trucks4x4/data/articlestandard/suzuki/532005/277540/hhsteer5.jpg
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 2nd 2009, 7:13 pm

ahhh... I see I thought Z steering would've incorporated a panhard bar attached to the frame with heim joints and back across to the driver side knuckle but apparently I was wrong... But hey maybe I should do some R&D and find out if it's a plausible system!
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 2nd 2009, 10:27 pm

that also looks like it does away with the need for a pitman arm with the nessicary drop
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 3rd 2009, 9:32 am

mmm.... not quite sure about that one... Now you may beable to do away with the drop pitman yes but do to the stock location of the steering box I'd suggest atleast a twisted pitman arm just to keep everything strait...

http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=STK5502
Back to top Go down
TATOR!!!

TATOR!!!

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 4th 2009, 8:57 pm

well boys i picked me up a set of dana 44s today with some 15 by 10s on them for a 100 bucks just sucks there not flat tops
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer EmptySeptember 6th 2009, 2:00 pm

Man that does suck!!! I hat when that happens! You find yourself a good set axles only to find out you have to tear the pass. side apart and replace the steering knuckle!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: well boys its time to v8 the blazer   well boys its time to v8 the blazer Empty

Back to top Go down

well boys its time to v8 the blazer
Page 1 of 1