Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Couple of questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

Couple of questions Empty
PostSubject: Couple of questions   Couple of questions EmptyMarch 3rd 2011, 8:48 pm

1) Ive heard that if I flatbed my F250 that Im going to need to get commercial plates? Any truth to this?

2) The cab im putting on has a different VIN number than my truck, so what do I do? I could swap the vins from the old cab onto the new one, or?
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Couple of questions   Couple of questions EmptyMarch 3rd 2011, 11:04 pm

#1 Nothing has changed on your truck other then the Bed Depending on your state laws as long as your not exceding your maximum allowed GVRW
Here in Ont if we go over 4500kg (9920 lbs we need a commercial registration and an annual inspection.

#2 Again depending on your state law. If your chassis and cab are not original to each other, they both need to be registered on the ownership. Some states only require just the cab registration VIN.
As the situation with my 57 chev I will be switching out the chassis, Ownership won't change, cause the cab's VIN is still intack.

Hope this helps. You still need to go to your licensing office to ask questions.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Couple of questions   Couple of questions EmptyMarch 4th 2011, 11:54 am

On top of what Glenn said;

1) as long as your flatbed isnt any wider then the original width of the truck, no.

2) You'd need to reregister the truck with the new vin, easy way out, swap vin tags.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Couple of questions   Couple of questions EmptyMarch 4th 2011, 10:28 pm

OK well im gonna swap the vin tags i guess instead of dealing with a bunch of BS. Might as well keep it easy lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couple of questions   Couple of questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Couple of questions
Page 1 of 1