Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Some new pictures.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

Some new pictures. Empty
PostSubject: Some new pictures.   Some new pictures. EmptySeptember 6th 2010, 4:45 pm

Here are some pictures I took over the weekend (or what I believe was the weekend, every day is the weekend for me right now, lol). Can't wait until I get back to work so I can do some more mods.

Some new pictures. Picture544
Some new pictures. Picture537
Some new pictures. Picture532

The very next thing I do to the truck is tint. I've been wanting to do it forever, just haven't had the time. Now I've got plenty of time, just no money, lol.

If anybody knows of anybody who has debadged a newer body style Chevy, and would like to get the badges out of their garage/house/refrigerator, then let me know. I don't care if they are for the half, 3/4, or 1 ton. I would prefer to have just the HD badge off a 3/4 ton doors, as I've got an idea going through my head, as well as just the tailgate badges.

Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Some new pictures. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new pictures.   Some new pictures. EmptySeptember 6th 2010, 4:49 pm

Looking good! I like the dog in the bed, very cute. Any underhood pictures?
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

Some new pictures. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new pictures.   Some new pictures. EmptySeptember 6th 2010, 5:08 pm

Sure do. I just took them for ya. Don't mind the dirtyness. Haven't cleaned under the hood since I bought it.

Some new pictures. Picture546
Some new pictures. Picture547
Some new pictures. Picture548

The filter is a K&N filter. I am actually looking for a non-oiled one. I just cleaned the filter about 2 months ago, and it's already a mess again. Doesn't take much on all these gravel roads, lol. The blue thing is my throttle body spacer. Waste of money if you ask me, but I got it for free, so I went ahead and put it on. All it does is make the truck whistle under load.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

Some new pictures. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new pictures.   Some new pictures. EmptySeptember 6th 2010, 5:48 pm

I'm not much of a fan of the oil treated air filter either, even if I never take my truck off road or even down dirt roads.
I seen too many air MAS sensors go bad prematurely from oil residue on the sensor.

Try wrecking yards or even ebay for the late model badges.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

Some new pictures. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new pictures.   Some new pictures. EmptySeptember 6th 2010, 8:56 pm

I found some disposable cone filters.
http://www.sbfilters.com/
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

Some new pictures. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new pictures.   Some new pictures. EmptySeptember 6th 2010, 9:16 pm

Thanks Glenn! I'll be getting one ASAP!
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

Some new pictures. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new pictures.   Some new pictures. EmptySeptember 7th 2010, 7:58 am

There a li pricey thow, eh?
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Some new pictures. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new pictures.   Some new pictures. EmptySeptember 7th 2010, 11:34 am

Not to go off topic too much, but stick with the K&N. Its already paid for. Laughing

As for the oil ruining MAFs, in all my experience, that happens when the user over oils it after cleaning. Both my trucks have K&N filters and in 70K miles per truck, have never had any problems. I've also had a K&N filter on each vehicles i've ever owned and never had a problem of any sort. Just my .02
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

Some new pictures. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new pictures.   Some new pictures. EmptySeptember 7th 2010, 4:26 pm

I guess that's the key... Over treating the filter with oil.
I've never owned an oil treated filter, simply cause of the horror stories... But I guess I should slam the door on the idea.
Like Robert says, if you do it right.. it will Never give you problems.

Hey Jimmeh... Do you use a prefilter on your K+N ???
I would think that would be easier to maintain on a reg basis then the full treatment on the hole filter..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some new pictures. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new pictures.   Some new pictures. Empty

Back to top Go down

Some new pictures.
Page 1 of 1