Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

thinkin bout parkin the truck

Go down 
+4
doc_auto
Jared Olson for SO IL
007jimmy
johnboggs21
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyJune 23rd 2010, 11:45 pm

darn it sucks to be a yank. lol. jk
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyJune 24th 2010, 8:13 am

doc_auto wrote:
darn it sucks to be a yank. lol. jk

much agreed lol. I need to move back down to Kentucky
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyJune 28th 2010, 9:04 pm

yes you do.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyJune 28th 2010, 9:07 pm

yea. I got me an 00 F150 to ride around in the mean time while im workin on the diesel. Probly give it to dad once i get the diesel done.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyJune 28th 2010, 9:10 pm

Congratulations John, now where are the pictures? Laughing
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyJune 28th 2010, 9:11 pm

well i aint personally seen it actually lol. I bought it without knowing it. Its a long story, Ill tell it some other time. Ill get some pics of it up before too long.
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyJune 29th 2010, 12:26 am

johnboggs21 wrote:
lol, i doubt someone took a pic of my truck when it was new and put it on google

thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 0810dp_01_z+ford_power_stroke_diesel+1994_ford_f350

Close enough Razz
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyJuly 2nd 2010, 6:22 pm

make it like that^ but blue lol
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyJuly 2nd 2010, 8:15 pm

well slowly gettin there lol. i found everything I need for my 4x4 swap rolled up in a nice rusty smashed package.........sorta

I found a 93 F350 king cab long box IDI dually 4x4 in the jyard the other day. BUT somebody swapped in a 2wd zf5 tranny. I need to know if I can make that into a 4x4 tranny when the time comes. Now im also considering going dually while im at it lol, dont think I could afford the tires. Im going to try to buy the whole truck from them so I can pull all the parts I want at my own leisure. Hopefully they wont look under the truck and spy that D60.

I hate to see that truck in the jyard cus i know 4x4 king cab IDI duallys are rare, but its way to far gone even for me. On the flipside, I did pick up a pristine new tailgate with a good handle for 50 bucks from there.

Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyJuly 2nd 2010, 10:06 pm

cool good luck on your hunt!
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyJuly 16th 2010, 2:42 pm

Well guys today marks the start of the rebuild, even if I do nothing with it lol. Taking the truck on its last legal drive today until I get her fixed up. Gotta dentist appt., and then taking it to grandpas to park it up. I got an 00 F150 2wd with the 4.2 V6 to replace her for now.......talk about downgrading! lol. It doesnt seem like a bad truck, but its NOTHING like driving my diesel. Dont even really feel like driving a truck, more like driving a big car maybe. Guess I should give the half ton a chance before I judge it too harshly.

Would it be wrong to do some burnouts before I park it up? lol
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyJuly 16th 2010, 9:08 pm

So how long do you figure this restoration is gonna take? Will we see it back on the road by next spring?
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyJuly 16th 2010, 11:18 pm

buddy i have no idea. Probly be about 2 years before shes officially back on the road.....unless something happens to this new truck and I have nothing else to ride.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyAugust 9th 2010, 11:26 am

well guys im finally getting something done with this lol. Got the interior pulled out yesterday to see what I've got to work with......it sucks that all the rust is in the hardest places to get to lol. Oh well thats the way it goes. I did get some pics to put up when I get a chance. When I pulled the hump thats in the middle, I found some business cards that the previous owner must have left in there lol. Dang carpet was VERY clean under there too lol.........I didnt even know that was the original color of the carpet lol.....

Also, I might do a little bit of recycling and use some sheet metal from some old washers and dryers.........would that be OK or should I go with new?
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyAugust 9th 2010, 12:36 pm

that would be a little thin i think for the floors but it might be alright on the body.. it should be atleast 16 guage sheet metal
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyAugust 9th 2010, 1:08 pm

maybe i can wrangle up some OLD washers lol they should have thicker metal
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyAugust 9th 2010, 3:19 pm

washer and dryers are perfect u gotta get old ones tho. my dad did that to an old truck
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyNovember 4th 2010, 10:00 pm

alrite guys, im gonna try to peel the cab off these weekend, anybody have any advice to offer? Is their a best way to go about it? No room for the whole truck in the shop, but I figure i can throw the cab on a farm wagon so its mobile and just wheel it in when im home to work on it, and it can just sit outside otherwise.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyNovember 4th 2010, 11:09 pm

Be careful, very careful. Check twice, pull once. Good luck brother.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyNovember 5th 2010, 7:45 am

Thanks robert, ill report back on how things go. Might even have some pics if we're lucky lol
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyNovember 6th 2010, 2:42 pm

Well the cab is getting closer to coming off. 1 cab mount was rotted away to start with. I had to heat one to get it off with the impact. Another one exploded when I hit it with the impact, and the last one i ground the head off of on the inside and knocked it through. No way i was gonna run a torch by that fuel tank!

Now my next question. Is it possible to lift the cab off without removing the front clip? If so, how? lol
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyNovember 6th 2010, 7:22 pm

If the fenders are mounted to the cab for support, then no. If not, yes.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyNovember 6th 2010, 8:04 pm

I wouldn't... Simply cause it's so much work to take it off in one big piece. I would take the front clip off first then finish all the disconnects to the cab. eg: electrical, steering column. brakes, etc.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyNovember 6th 2010, 8:50 pm

what they said and then some.. i would pull the interior out, pull the doors off and possibley the glass to prevent it from breaking.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 EmptyNovember 6th 2010, 9:37 pm

well ive had the interior tore out for a while now. What i was hoping to do was to take just the cab and leave the front end right where its at. Guess I should have clarified more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

thinkin bout parkin the truck
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next