Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Tailgate straps?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Tailgate straps? Empty
PostSubject: Tailgate straps?   Tailgate straps? EmptyNovember 3rd 2010, 1:42 pm

For those who do not know, GM has been less then stellar reputation with the cables on there tailgates. Since the ones on my Silverado are factory, I decided to look into my options for replacement. I came across these 'straps' but hadnt heard of anyone else using them. Thoughts?

http://www.merchant-automotive.com/vrstainlesstailgatestraps.aspx
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

Tailgate straps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailgate straps?   Tailgate straps? EmptyNovember 3rd 2010, 2:07 pm

there just like the ones on my c10. i would trust them more then those cables. i put my 454 with the trany still attached on my tailgate and mine are original factory ones and they held up. my tailgate on the otherhand has a slight bow to it.. lol. it needed to be replaced anyways so not a big deal
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Tailgate straps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailgate straps?   Tailgate straps? EmptyNovember 3rd 2010, 3:00 pm

I saw on the website that the disclaimer says the straps are stronger than the tailgate and the mounts so be careful not to overload it. Laughing Thanks for the heads up Joe.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

Tailgate straps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailgate straps?   Tailgate straps? EmptyNovember 4th 2010, 1:28 am

anytime.. i got my replacement tailgate today.. lol.. more to come in my thread.
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

Tailgate straps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailgate straps?   Tailgate straps? EmptyNovember 9th 2010, 1:46 am

Anything Merchant sells is going to be quality Robert Smile
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

Tailgate straps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailgate straps?   Tailgate straps? EmptyNovember 9th 2010, 8:58 am

Yeah. Like Joe said. They are a take off of the old reliable C10 tailgate straps.
Another example of the old coming back to replace the new.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Tailgate straps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailgate straps?   Tailgate straps? EmptyNovember 10th 2010, 12:16 pm

Britewhiteram wrote:
Anything Merchant sells is going to be quality Robert Smile

I know Eric is a stand up guy. I was just curious if they where worth the money, or it was better to stay with the cables.
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

Tailgate straps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailgate straps?   Tailgate straps? EmptyNovember 13th 2010, 12:13 pm

Wire rope is going to be good as long as the plastic sheath protects it from rain and oxidization, as soon as one strand breaks the cable gets weaker and weaker, and more strands break, pretty soon they all break..... the straps are stainless, no rusting there my friend What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tailgate straps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailgate straps?   Tailgate straps? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tailgate straps?
Page 1 of 1