Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

tailgate handle, hole repair

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

tailgate handle, hole repair Empty
PostSubject: tailgate handle, hole repair   tailgate handle, hole repair EmptyFebruary 4th 2011, 11:39 pm

hey guys, i need a lil talgate help. somethin has come loose in my 78's tailgate. i can wiggle the handle around and get it to work, but i wanna fix it right. i see the three bolts that hold it in place, but do i need to take the tailgate apart? also, i wanna relocate one of my toggle switches that i have mounted under my steering wheel, but what can i do abt the hole that will be left? i cant weld it up, so what do i do? thanks yall.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: tailgate handle, hole repair   tailgate handle, hole repair EmptyFebruary 11th 2011, 9:07 pm

I think they make a plastic putty that you could put in the hole and smooth over...
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: tailgate handle, hole repair   tailgate handle, hole repair EmptyFebruary 13th 2011, 2:58 pm

Walmart sells some fiberglass patch material. I'd get some of that, and patch the hole. Sand it down and paint it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tailgate handle, hole repair   tailgate handle, hole repair Empty

Back to top Go down

tailgate handle, hole repair
Page 1 of 1