Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Does buying American matter to you?

Go down 
+12
GMCTRUCKS
stealthdawg09
FaselZ71
bigz
76silverado
zembonez
semocoachworks
79_bronco
cubby127
1993GMCSierra
Junior3382
merlin5577
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Yes
Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap72%Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 72% [ 18 ]
No
Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap16%Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 4 ]
Sometimes
Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
$/$-AMX
Valued Member
Valued Member
$/$-AMX

Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 24th 2010, 7:02 am

I don't care where it comes from i buy what i need and what i want . . .there for who ever is cheaper get's the sale . . .

As for buying food from walmart cheaper ? HA ! $80 in food at wally world last 4 day's . . .

$60 in food at woodman's last 8-12days . . .

Mike
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 24th 2010, 10:26 am

american is the way to go, i voted america. yet i drive jap made truck, to me, it matters with some things, but with gasoline engines, it seems them jap motors can get more miles.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 24th 2010, 12:40 pm

its them 4 cylinders that run forever
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 24th 2010, 2:12 pm

254k miles on mine, still runs great, havent done jack to it
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 24th 2010, 3:00 pm

No offence Eric, but you bought yours with that mileage. There is a big difference between that and putting on the miles yourself. Still, its a nice truck.
Back to top Go down
$/$-AMX
Valued Member
Valued Member
$/$-AMX

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 24th 2010, 4:07 pm

My 1988 Jeep Comanche has 190K miles on it runs perfectly no blow by no oil consumption and its an American 4cylinder ? . . .

Its the AMC 2.5L I-4, so you could say it was made in America by Americans for American Motors Corp . . .

Can't get anymore patriotic then that . . .

Mike
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 24th 2010, 7:34 pm

$/$-AMX wrote:
My 1988 Jeep Comanche has 190K miles on it runs perfectly no blow by no oil consumption and its an American 4cylinder ? . . .

Its the AMC 2.5L I-4, so you could say it was made in America by Americans for American Motors Corp . . .

Mike

Isnt that the same one you just bought? Laughing

I dont mean to be a jerk, but like I said, there is a big difference between buying one with a lot of miles and putting those miles on yourself.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 24th 2010, 10:42 pm

it might not be the original motor and the odemeter didnt get set back
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 24th 2010, 10:59 pm

I must say if I'm lookin for a little put around town truck I will look at an Isuzu or Mazda I4 before a I4 s-10.
Back to top Go down
$/$-AMX
Valued Member
Valued Member
$/$-AMX

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 25th 2010, 2:29 am

merlin5577 wrote:
$/$-AMX wrote:

Mike

Isnt that the same one you just bought? Laughing

I dont mean to be a jerk, but like I said, there is a big difference between buying one with a lot of miles and putting those miles on yourself.

I could really give a rip who put the miles on it Dink ! that fact is 190,000 miles later its still running . . . Me i blow up 350 Chevy's in 6months that's starting at 0 miles, ones with 10K-30K miles last about 3 month's . . . ones with 100K+ miles hang in there for a few week's longer !

The 350 Chevy 318 Dodge and 302 Ford are the top 3 most worthless engines I have owned ! I snap them like twig's . . . only thing is GM's piss poor excuse of a diesel . . . Tho its been over no holes in the block yet

So any thing last's me a year its 1 heck of a vehicle.

Mike Laughing
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 25th 2010, 6:28 am

hey, i wouldnt mind taking that 77 f350 off ur hands for ya, any pics of that beast, those are my fav trucks.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 25th 2010, 1:54 pm

Trucker_Eric wrote:
hey, i wouldnt mind taking that 77 f350 off ur hands for ya, any pics of that beast, those are my fav trucks.

Eric,

Check this out;

http://www.mytrucksource.com/pride-and-joy-f19/mikeys-collecti0n-of-some-what-collectibles--t661.htm
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 25th 2010, 3:55 pm

I'm afraid I had to vote NO
Buying North American is not important to me any more.
It use to be. But since I've owned my own business for the past 14 yrs.
I work darn hard for a dollar. Now I will research the hell out of something before I buy something, to insure I'm getting the best for my dollar.
Some times that's German made or Swedish or even Italian
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 25th 2010, 4:05 pm

merlin5577 wrote:
No offence Eric, but you bought yours with that mileage. There is a big difference between that and putting on the miles yourself.
merlin5577 wrote:
like I said, there is a big difference between buying one with a lot of miles and putting those miles on yourself.

I agree 100% speaking from experience. We had our old red truck from day 1, with 7 miles, to when I sold it, with 254K miles.

oh..wait...2 engines...but still. It takes a LOT of upkeep to keep a vehicle running that long. (maybe that's just the 4.3L) Razz

Sure, whoever is driving it now can say "Yeah, these trucks are tough, 254K on it when I bought it, yadda yadda yadda" but the only reason it got there, was because of all the stuff my father, and later myself did, to keep it running to that point. It *could* have been junked at 125K, when the original motor blew, but it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 25th 2010, 5:46 pm

How and the hell do u blow up a 350?
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 25th 2010, 5:53 pm

well, I suppose if there is no rev limiter...
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 25th 2010, 6:35 pm

didnt change the oil lol
Back to top Go down
$/$-AMX
Valued Member
Valued Member
$/$-AMX

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 26th 2010, 12:41 am

Jared Olson for SO IL wrote:

Laughing sneeze wrong there Junk ! Laughing I've blown up dozen's of them. . .

I blew up 2 in the 92' GTA 1 350TPI and 1 350TBI, blow up 1 350 2bbl carb in my 81' K5 sent 3 rods through the side of it, my 66' Chevy C-30 popped like 8-12 of them . . . I lost count Laughing Shocked

I went to 406's n quit having trouble, tho the 350TPI in my 87' GTA held up never blew but it was knocking when it went away , my 87' Z-28 had a 305TPI turned into a 335TPI awsome car lots of torque . . .

Mike
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 26th 2010, 9:17 am

didnt change the oil lol
I have to agree with Jared. How The Hell Do you Blow Up A 350

$/$-AMX wrote:

Laughing sneeze wrong there Junk ! Laughing I've blown up dozen's of them. . .

Mike

DOZEN"S ??? I've owned dozens of 350s and didn't blow one of them up.

Did you ever think that there not junk and that your doing something wrong ???

Hundreds of thousands of these engines all over North America and you blow up dozens of them Mmmmm
Mike check you oil once in a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2