Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Does buying American matter to you?

Go down 
+12
GMCTRUCKS
stealthdawg09
FaselZ71
bigz
76silverado
zembonez
semocoachworks
79_bronco
cubby127
1993GMCSierra
Junior3382
merlin5577
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Yes
Does buying American matter to you? I_vote_lcap72%Does buying American matter to you? I_vote_rcap
 72% [ 18 ]
No
Does buying American matter to you? I_vote_lcap16%Does buying American matter to you? I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 4 ]
Sometimes
Does buying American matter to you? I_vote_lcap12%Does buying American matter to you? I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Does buying American matter to you? Empty
PostSubject: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 20th 2009, 6:46 pm

Just like the title says, is buying products made in America important to you? Just curious to everyone thoughts on this.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 20th 2009, 6:51 pm

To me, yes. All my trucks start with 1 on the VIN, and even though sometimes its not possible, I buy everything else I can American.
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 20th 2009, 7:22 pm

It really doesn't to me... just as long as it is IN America when I buy it! LMAO..... I am not going to sweeden to buy a knife anytime soon! HAHAHAHA....

I buy for quality, and I am sorry, but a Sony Playstation 3 is not produced here in America, its Japanese, but I am not going to ignore it and buy an Xbox just because it is microsoft... know what i mean?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytrucksource.com
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 20th 2009, 7:23 pm

It doesn't really matter for things that aren't appliances or vehicles, or electronics, but say...Radioshack has a "Made In China" soldering iron for $9.99. And Agri-Supply has a Weller Soldering Iron (made in US) for $49.99. I'll buy the Weller. Why? I'll never replace it.

I buy Ford or GMC, Craftsman, Kenmore and or Maytag and Frigidaire for all the stuff that matters.

Motorcraft or MOOG go on the car, AC Delco or MOOG go on the trucks.

And, as in my Avatar, I'll always buy a Philco, Zenith, RCA, Grigsby-Grunow, or Atwater Kent before I buy a Sony. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cubby127
cubby127

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 20th 2009, 7:43 pm

as far as cars/trucks go i refuse to drive anything but american. preiod end of story. im not going to support foreign auto companies since cash for clunkers is already giving china all our good ol metal. i try to buy my guitars/amps american made but its hard sometimes they get so expensive
Back to top Go down
cubby127
cubby127

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 20th 2009, 7:49 pm

i also have NO PROBLEM voicing my opinion against foreign cars to my friends haha. i saw my friend the other day and he said "please dont hit me but, i might buy a toyota" lol!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 20th 2009, 7:50 pm

You should at least slap him around a little bit. Laughing
Back to top Go down
cubby127
cubby127

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 20th 2009, 7:52 pm

well i'm trying to cut back before i lose a friend LOL

i make sure i give my toyota drivin buddies a hard time, especially when they get stuck in stuff that would be an ease for the jeep Very Happy
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 20th 2009, 8:07 pm

i would never buy any aftermarket part for my truck that wasn't made in the us.. could you imagine a cam from china? LMAO
Back to top Go down
semocoachworks
Valued Member
Valued Member
semocoachworks

PostSubject: yep, american is the way to go.   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 20th 2009, 8:12 pm

I can honestly say i've never had a foreign made car. I try to buy american made at all times.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 21st 2009, 1:45 am

as far as trucks go, only non-american trucks i'd buy are tacomas and 80's-early 90's mazda b-series
Back to top Go down
zembonez
zembonez

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 21st 2009, 4:59 pm

I believe in buying the best quality item I can afford when I buy.

I love it when it is a US made product, but if it isn't, it doesn't stop me from buying it. When shopping for any item I try to buy an American made one if one is available that fits my needs and is somewhat competitive in price. many times that isn't the case.

We as a country need to strive to be the best at everything we produce... not force people to buy based entirely on patriotism. Sadly we have become a sea of idiots that buys everything based on price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.truckmodcentral.com
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 21st 2009, 5:50 pm

zembonez wrote:
Sadly we have become a sea of idiots that buys everything based on price.

I completely agree. The sad thing is, constantly buying cheap products instead of buying a quality product once always costs more in the end.
Back to top Go down
zembonez
zembonez

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 21st 2009, 11:01 pm

Quality is actually less expensive in the long run. It has been proven over and over. Problem is... Americans generally choose quantity over quality. So we end up with more WalMarts full of Chinese crap. No cut on WalMart. They are just delivering what people are wanting to buy.

WalMart used to sell a lot of made in the USA items... and they bragged about it. Times have changed.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 3:40 am

i love walmart Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zembonez
zembonez

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 10:47 am

Nothing wrong with Walmart. I'm just saying they sell what people are buying... and people are buying a lot of cheap Chinese crap.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 11:46 am

I avoid Wal-Mart at all costs. Much rather go to a local store to get what I need.
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 11:54 am

well I can see the reasoning behind avoiding walmart, I have had this discussion over and over with friends here, but unfortunately, when you live on a budget, you go where your dollar will go further. I can spend 50 bucks on food at walmart and last a week and a half, or 50 bucks on food at the local grocery store and barely get five days worth. same with other nescesary things, like shoes and clothing... it is simply more affordable....

Now you can argue that a 80 dollar pair of nikes will last a heck of a lot longer then a 10 dollar pair of knock-offs, and I would agree, and I am not arguning that. But, when all you have is ten bucks, and you need a pair of shoes.... know what i mean?

WalMart is a big bully in the commercial world, and most buisinesses and people do not appreciate that, but they do provide what we need, and some of what we want, for what our wallets can produce... and therefore it is simply a nescesary evil that is what it is.

I am just waiting for WalMart to open their own line of car dealerships and rela estate listings! HAHAHAHA... then it really is a 100% one stop shop! LMAO
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytrucksource.com
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 23rd 2009, 11:32 pm

US cars and trucks, but for parts I use the #2 at Oreilly's cause I dont have enough for US stuff. BUT, Isuzu makes tough trucks. We have a 91 2wd P/U w/ 2.3 I4. 143,000 on the clock still runs strong. And has nice power too.
Back to top Go down
bigz
bigz

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 24th 2009, 5:58 pm

american vehicles only mostly gm products
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyAugust 25th 2009, 2:15 pm

I agree only buy American made trucks! My wife owns a Mitsi and I've tried to get rid of it on multiple occasions! She will not part with that thing though and it drives me nuts!!! I unfortunalty have succumbed to having to drive it everyday due the fact that my truck is down!!
Back to top Go down
stealthdawg09
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyOctober 3rd 2009, 11:39 pm

With trucks I stick to American. And cars mostly except for Volvo (240) and Subaru.
Back to top Go down
GMCTRUCKS
GMCTRUCKS

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyOctober 4th 2009, 2:56 am

Yes it does to a point because I want our nation to advance but I say there is some good rides out there that are imported like our Mazda MPV well it is owned by Ford it even has some Ford parts on it.
Back to top Go down
stealthdawg09
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyOctober 7th 2009, 12:45 pm

I think that Volvo is connected to Ford some how.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? EmptyOctober 7th 2009, 3:51 pm

Ford used to own a controlling interest in Volvo but I believe they have since sold it. Same with Mazda.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does buying American matter to you?   Does buying American matter to you? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next