Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

dont lock your doors drunk.

Go down 
+4
Jared Olson for SO IL
FaselZ71
johnboggs21
doc_auto
8 posters
AuthorMessage
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

dont lock your doors drunk. Empty
PostSubject: dont lock your doors drunk.   dont lock your doors drunk. EmptyMarch 11th 2010, 8:26 pm

i was drinkin last night and drove my truck down to the end of the driveway to meet my sober girlfriend to go drink some more. NOW i cant get into my truck. locked the keys and the spares in there. tore up the weatherstrippin on the pass. side. im gonna call the junkyard and find out how much a new window is....

unless you guys have any tricks?
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: dont lock your doors drunk.   dont lock your doors drunk. EmptyMarch 11th 2010, 8:34 pm

i dunno. cops could probly unlock it for ya
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: dont lock your doors drunk.   dont lock your doors drunk. EmptyMarch 11th 2010, 8:35 pm

or if ya have a sliding rear window ya might be able to get in that way.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: dont lock your doors drunk.   dont lock your doors drunk. EmptyMarch 11th 2010, 8:53 pm

On the 1990 gmc the door handle pops out with a pry bar and a little elbow grease and then unlocking the door is easy and the door will still open just fine after you learn the trick! What to know how I know look at the pics in my build thread and look at the passenger door... There isn't a door handle because I got drunk at a bar one night and left my truck overnight and locked my truck because of the neighborhood I was in a forgot that door locks don't work from the outside!!
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: dont lock your doors drunk.   dont lock your doors drunk. EmptyMarch 11th 2010, 9:03 pm

really? wow. our sherriffs dont do it no more cause some jackass filed a lawsuit over somethin or other. i'll try that though, thanks! i was thionkin bout puttin a sliding window in... but no money.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: dont lock your doors drunk.   dont lock your doors drunk. EmptyMarch 11th 2010, 9:28 pm

wrecker services should have one
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: dont lock your doors drunk.   dont lock your doors drunk. EmptyMarch 11th 2010, 10:55 pm

Got a metal coat hanger lying around?
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: dont lock your doors drunk.   dont lock your doors drunk. EmptyMarch 11th 2010, 11:32 pm

i have a lock out kit but that wont help you out there.. my suggestion is to take a couple small wedges and pry open the door enough that you can get an antena in there to pull up the unlock lever.. i have done it so many times in my 92 fullsize blazer because of the alarm its rediculous. for the first month of the winter i would run out to warm the truck up before i put the kids in it and forgot that once you start it the doors automatically lock.. needless to say i spent many freezin cold mins messing around tryin to get it open.. i have it down to a science..

take the antena off and put a small bend about 8 inches from the tip and put a 100degree bend about 1 inch from the tip so you have something to hook onto the lock lever and then just stick it in a wiggle it down untill you grab the lever and pull up quickly.. works everytime for me
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: dont lock your doors drunk.   dont lock your doors drunk. EmptyMarch 12th 2010, 1:07 am

yeah i got this piece of thin rebar i fashioned. gonna try it again tomorrow. i'll get it eventually. im tryin that before poppin the handle.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: dont lock your doors drunk.   dont lock your doors drunk. EmptyMarch 12th 2010, 11:38 am

you wouldnt have ice scrappers where your from so anything wedge shaped works best to pull the door away from its frame a little
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: dont lock your doors drunk.   dont lock your doors drunk. EmptyMarch 12th 2010, 12:35 pm

Cut another Spare key and give it to your sober girl friend to put on her key ring. Cool
or don't drink to get drunk.
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: dont lock your doors drunk.   dont lock your doors drunk. EmptyMarch 12th 2010, 12:38 pm

actually we do. lol. ive been usin a crowbar.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: dont lock your doors drunk.   dont lock your doors drunk. EmptyMarch 12th 2010, 2:00 pm

i like ice srapers cause they are plastic and down dent or chew the paint up on the door..
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: dont lock your doors drunk.   dont lock your doors drunk. EmptyMarch 12th 2010, 7:54 pm

yeah. well i got it open. wanna know how?

my mom called the guy who owned it before me and he said theres a hide-a-key under the truck. found it in like 2 seconds. and i paid him 200 today witch leaves me with 100 left and flat broke. it'll be worth it.
Back to top Go down
fordman68
Valued Member
Valued Member
fordman68

PostSubject: Re: dont lock your doors drunk.   dont lock your doors drunk. EmptyMarch 12th 2010, 8:10 pm

Nice
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: dont lock your doors drunk.   dont lock your doors drunk. EmptyMarch 12th 2010, 9:21 pm

Truck is Open ??? Cool !!!! Put the Hide a Key back were ya found it !!!!
We should start a poll. LOL

Will Andrew lock his keys in his truck again in 2010?
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: dont lock your doors drunk.   dont lock your doors drunk. EmptyMarch 13th 2010, 1:02 am

yEAH. put that key back.. lol and yeah he is gonna lock himself out again.. he has alot to learn.. i keep a spare key in my wallet for every vehicle i own plus my house key... makes for a rather fat wallet.. lol
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: dont lock your doors drunk.   dont lock your doors drunk. EmptyMarch 13th 2010, 8:37 am

My wife has a key to my ride, and I have a key to her's
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: dont lock your doors drunk.   dont lock your doors drunk. EmptyMarch 13th 2010, 3:10 pm

yeah i got the hide a keyback under and one unlock key in my wallet now. wont happen again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dont lock your doors drunk.   dont lock your doors drunk. Empty

Back to top Go down

dont lock your doors drunk.
Page 1 of 1