Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

learned a valuable lesson today...

Go down 
+2
merlin5577
bigcountry78
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

learned a valuable lesson today... Empty
PostSubject: learned a valuable lesson today...   learned a valuable lesson today... EmptyAugust 18th 2009, 10:30 pm

ok, i was at work today around 5, gettin ready to go home at 6. well the supervisor told me to change out the weld fixtures on the robot before i went home. no problem, four bolts on one side, and 8 on the other. well, i found the right wrench for eight of the bolts, but couldnt find one for the other 4. all i could find was a wrench one size too big so i used it. worked great for 3 of the bolts, but on the last turn of the last bolt, it slipped. HARD. and sent my right hand index finger into the corner of the weld fixture. well it started to hurt like hell, i spun around and held my hand down, and had a few choice words to say lol. i noticed blood dripping from my finger and figured i needed to check on that. i rinsed it off as the owner was driving up, and found a deep cut and a cracked nail. i split my finger nail from the end all the way back up into the skin where the nail starts, and the nail piece cut into the skin under my nail as well. this earned me a trip to the ER, yippeee! i just got home about 15 minutes ago. my finger is still numb from the doc visit, but it already hurts like hell. tomorrow is not gonna be fun. lesson learned: aalways use the right wrench, even if it means waiting to finish the job. iu sure wish i had.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: learned a valuable lesson today...   learned a valuable lesson today... EmptyAugust 18th 2009, 10:34 pm

That sucks about your hand, but you make a great point. The right tool always makes a job safer, and easier.
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: learned a valuable lesson today...   learned a valuable lesson today... EmptyAugust 18th 2009, 10:37 pm

yes it does. my parents always said that bought experience is the best kind. theyre right, this is one lesson i wont soon forget.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: learned a valuable lesson today...   learned a valuable lesson today... EmptyAugust 18th 2009, 10:38 pm

Oh I bet, the scar on your finger will be a constant reminder. But at least you werent hurt worse.
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: learned a valuable lesson today...   learned a valuable lesson today... EmptyAugust 18th 2009, 10:43 pm

yea im thankful for that. im worried about how its gonna feel wen the medicine wears off tho.....
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: learned a valuable lesson today...   learned a valuable lesson today... EmptyAugust 18th 2009, 10:45 pm

i had a lesson similar to that, only it was a grinder.. learning these kind of lessons in this type of manor really sucks.. but like they say, live and learn..

hope your finger heals quick, i'm sure it'll hurt like crazy in the morning
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: learned a valuable lesson today...   learned a valuable lesson today... EmptyAugust 18th 2009, 10:47 pm

Similar thing happened to my dad (with the fingernail)

If the crack goes down past where it starts, it will always grow it a crack.....a permanent reminder...

Sorry about the finger, time to hit the streets for some happy pills Wink
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: learned a valuable lesson today...   learned a valuable lesson today... EmptyAugust 18th 2009, 10:50 pm

happy pills, hah i wish. i also gained a new respect for the owner. he came in right after it happened, and saw that i was shakin from nerves and about to pass out from the pain, so he gave me a ride to his house, and then his wife drove me to the ER, stayed with me the whole tim, then drove me to the store to get my meds and finally drove me back to the shop to get my truck. that says alot about them in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: learned a valuable lesson today...   learned a valuable lesson today... EmptyAugust 18th 2009, 11:02 pm

wow.. none of my previous employers would ever do that.. they'd say 'screw you, call an ambulance' before they'd take you anywhere
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: learned a valuable lesson today...   learned a valuable lesson today... EmptyAugust 19th 2009, 3:10 am

imagine catching a finger in one of the pulleys on your serpintine system of your truuck... only this was one a bowling alley machine... my pinky nail still aint right and now i have a crooked pinky cause it got cut off... bone and all... they sowed it back on crooked... lol.. i had one peice of skin holding the tip of it on... but the boss did drive me to the ER and waited till i was all done getting stitched up... i went back to work for a few hours but once i needed some pills i had to leave cause the pain was intense... he covered the rest of my shift....
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: learned a valuable lesson today...   learned a valuable lesson today... EmptyAugust 19th 2009, 12:00 pm

You guys are lucky, all of my bosses are in the 'i'll call you an ambulance' boat.
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: learned a valuable lesson today...   learned a valuable lesson today... EmptyAugust 19th 2009, 2:09 pm

I've had similar pain (possibly worse...?)

My finger went between the starter and flywheel gear on a 20HP Briggs and Stratton once.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: learned a valuable lesson today...   learned a valuable lesson today... EmptyAugust 19th 2009, 2:25 pm

haha ^^ You and those darn lawn mowers!! haha

Just messing around man!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: learned a valuable lesson today...   learned a valuable lesson today... Empty

Back to top Go down

learned a valuable lesson today...
Page 1 of 1