Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Thoughts on an H3?

Go down 
+2
In2Trux
merlin5577
6 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Thoughts on an H3? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on an H3?   Thoughts on an H3? EmptyFebruary 15th 2010, 11:44 pm

So Wifey is pondering a new(er) truck and has taken a liking to the H3. I have worked on a few H2s but not any H3s. I know they share a lot of parts with the GMC Canyon, which i'm familiar with, so i'm not foreign to them, just not intimate. Anyone know of any good or bad aspects about them?

Here is the one she likes;

Hummer H3
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

Thoughts on an H3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on an H3?   Thoughts on an H3? EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 9:26 am

Nice lookin truck Robert. I'm not very familiar with them either.
It's funny how some many of them are Ladies vehicles. A lot of woman up here drive them.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

Thoughts on an H3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on an H3?   Thoughts on an H3? EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 2:41 pm

I think they are ugly as he'll but I have done a little customizing to a couple and they look pretty easy to work on. The people that I know that have them don't reallly have any problems with them yet so they seem dependable enought
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

Thoughts on an H3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on an H3?   Thoughts on an H3? EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 2:52 pm

Btw that one looks like it has some aftermarket toucheslike the rims and a few different chrome pieces
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Thoughts on an H3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on an H3?   Thoughts on an H3? EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 6:10 pm

Thanks guys. I agree Joe, it is ugly. Like a squished Jeep got rear ended by a Range Rover. But its abilities are hard to ignore. 4.56 gears, 4-1 low gear and a locker in the transfer case, lockers in both axles and 33 inch tires. More then enough to get to wherever she needs to go. Her only concern is fuel economy, and the price.
Back to top Go down
fordman68
Valued Member
Valued Member
fordman68

Thoughts on an H3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on an H3?   Thoughts on an H3? EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 7:10 pm

If i were u i would stay as far away from them as you can. My father had one that was a P.O.S. they have sensors in the tires to tell wether they are low and they go out wayyyy fast. then when the sensor goes out they let all of the air out of the tire and the spare tire racks dont work too well. they get stuck up and wont come down enough to get the tire. they are cramped and if you are more than 5'2" you wont be able to look out your side windows because they are so small.
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

Thoughts on an H3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on an H3?   Thoughts on an H3? EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 7:37 pm

A friend of mine at school has the exact same one. 5 cylinder engine sucks, power/torque wise. Not very "Hummer-like." Many of us joke on him, because he has "aggressive tread" tires, but "not enough engine to even climb hills"

He likes it though. How well they hold up long term, I don't know. I dislike them, as I think they are just an SUV on steroids, however...the Yukon (nearly same size) comes with a V8 Laughing

Remember old boy, Lincoln's are forever. Wink
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

Thoughts on an H3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on an H3?   Thoughts on an H3? EmptyFebruary 26th 2010, 2:40 am

anything h2 up sucks. for the offroad community if yah got one people round here laugh. for the wife, sure why not?
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Thoughts on an H3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on an H3?   Thoughts on an H3? EmptyFebruary 28th 2010, 1:58 pm

We went to test drive this one this morning and it was sold Sad But, they did have a similar one and we took that for a spin. It road nice, but it did lack in the power department, and the side windows are tiny! Almost like driving a cave on wheels. I also have to say, I was totally wrong about the size of this thing. affraid Its wider then my Suburban, just as tall, and only slighlty shorter. Dont think we will be buying it. No
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

Thoughts on an H3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on an H3?   Thoughts on an H3? EmptyFebruary 28th 2010, 8:33 pm

Did your wife feel the same about it too Robert? She wasn't impressed?
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

Thoughts on an H3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on an H3?   Thoughts on an H3? EmptyFebruary 28th 2010, 8:52 pm

yeah. but it's pretty safe. yeah whats the woman say?
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Thoughts on an H3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on an H3?   Thoughts on an H3? EmptyMarch 10th 2010, 5:29 pm

She likes everything about it except the price.... and that I dont like it... Laughing
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

Thoughts on an H3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on an H3?   Thoughts on an H3? EmptyMarch 10th 2010, 6:56 pm

that figures. haha. i told my ball and chain if it requires you asking permission to start or doesnt have a throttle cable she aint gettin it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thoughts on an H3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on an H3?   Thoughts on an H3? Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on an H3?
Page 1 of 1