Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line Empty
PostSubject: 7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line   7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line EmptyFebruary 7th 2010, 10:41 pm

28 years after the first Ford Ranger compact pickup rolled off an assembly line in Louisville, Ky., the 7 millionth Ranger was built last month in St. Paul, Minn., according to Automotive News.

The 1983 Ford Ranger -- production started in January 1982 -- was a replacement for the Ford Courier, which was based on the imported Mazda B-Series small truck. Ford wanted a scaled-down, lighter version of its full-size F-Series pickups that could work hard, get good gas mileage and compete head-to-head against small Japanese trucks, like the Datsun and Toyota pickups, and the U.S.-built Chevrolet and GMC S-Series pickups from General Motors.

The first Rangers were sold with a standard 73-horsepower 2.0-liter four-cylinder gasoline engine. An 80-hp 2.3-liter four-cylinder gas or 59-hp 2.2-liter four-cylinder diesel was optional. Transmission choices included a four-speed manual or three-speed automatic gearbox. The front suspension was Ford's Twin-I-Beam setup.

The 1983 Ford Ranger was available in four trim levels: Base, XL, XLS and XLT. The only cab configuration was a two-door regular cab with a choice of a 6-foot or 7-foot cargo box.

Ford Ranger production is scheduled to end in 2011. Instead of an all-new small pickup taking its spot, it's likely a fuel efficient version of the F-150 will be its replacement.

Here's a quick comparison of what's changed since the first Ford Ranger went on sale.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/02/7-millionth-ford-ranger-rolls-off-the-assembly-line.html
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: 7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line   7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line EmptyFebruary 7th 2010, 11:57 pm

holy crap.. a 2.2L diesel?! i never knew they were an option!
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: 7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line   7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line EmptyFebruary 8th 2010, 2:40 pm

I dont remember for sure, but i think they were little mitsubishi diesels
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: 7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line   7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line EmptyFebruary 8th 2010, 5:30 pm

i searched craigslist for about 3 hours looking for 1 last night.. i couldn't find 1.. i couldn't even find a yugo! Sad
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: 7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line   7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line EmptyFebruary 8th 2010, 5:38 pm

Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: 7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line   7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line EmptyFebruary 9th 2010, 1:02 am

sooooo..?
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: 7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line   7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line EmptyFebruary 9th 2010, 12:15 pm

79_bronco wrote:
sooooo..?

1983 Ranger production began January 18, 1982 at the Louisville Assembly Plant, hitting showrooms in March. Available engines were the 72 hp 2.0 L and 86 hp 2.3 L OHC four-cylinders, a four-cylinder 59 hp 2.2 L Mazda/Perkins diesel, and a 115 hp 2.8 L Cologne V6. In 1985, a Mitsubishi-built 2.3 L turbodiesel with 86 hp replaced the Mazda diesel engine, and in 1986, the 2.8 L engine was replaced with a 140 hp 2.9 L Cologne V6.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: 7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line   7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line EmptyFebruary 9th 2010, 2:40 pm

aah i guess i was half right lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: 7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line   7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line EmptyFebruary 9th 2010, 5:01 pm

i can't find a diesel ranger for sale anywhere lol.. they have to be rare as.. well.. uh.. a yugo! lol
Back to top Go down
stealthdawg09
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: 7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line   7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line EmptyFebruary 10th 2010, 9:59 pm

The Ranger is a great truck. I sure hope Ford comes to there senses and decides to keep it!
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: 7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line   7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line EmptyFebruary 10th 2010, 10:37 pm

yeah, gotta agree that it's a great little truck.. but they're starting to get pretty ugly.. along with the F series trucks they're modeled after..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line   7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line Empty

Back to top Go down

7 Millionth Ford Ranger Rolls Off the Assembly Line
Page 1 of 1