Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

GMC Won't Start!

Go down 
+3
007jimmy
merlin5577
1993GMCSierra
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

GMC Won't Start! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMC Won't Start!   GMC Won't Start! - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 7th 2010, 5:13 pm

Might have been some really crappy fuel, that can do some funny things.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: GMC Won't Start!   GMC Won't Start! - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 7th 2010, 5:20 pm

may have had some water in the fuel.. which with the cold temperatures, i'll freeze.. get some fuel anti-freeze, so if it acts up the next time it's cold.. just don't buy the cheap, crappy kind.. buy a name brand from the parts store
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: GMC Won't Start!   GMC Won't Start! - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 7th 2010, 5:46 pm

Hopefully. What does it do, absorb moisture in the tank?

What's the name of it, is it a fuel treatment, or something?
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: GMC Won't Start!   GMC Won't Start! - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 7th 2010, 6:32 pm

Its a fuel disperser. It mixes the water with the fuel (emulsifier) so it will burn it. STP makes a great additive called 'winter maintenance'. Works great.
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: GMC Won't Start!   GMC Won't Start! - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 7th 2010, 7:10 pm

Thanks for the heads up Robert!
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: GMC Won't Start!   GMC Won't Start! - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 7th 2010, 11:54 pm

yeah.. the STP stuff.. some other name brand companies call it fuel line antifreeze
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: GMC Won't Start!   GMC Won't Start! - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 8th 2010, 11:34 pm

Hey, its fixed!
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: GMC Won't Start!   GMC Won't Start! - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 9th 2010, 1:10 am

what? lol
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: GMC Won't Start!   GMC Won't Start! - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 9th 2010, 11:22 pm

79_bronco wrote:
yeah.. the STP stuff.. some other name brand companies call it fuel line antifreeze

I think I know what your talking about. Its called HEET and comes in a red or yellow bottle?

It does work great, but if your not in a dire emergency, stay away. If you look at the ingredients, the main was is methal & ethal alcohol, which like to eat rubber fuel lines.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: GMC Won't Start!   GMC Won't Start! - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 10th 2010, 12:13 am

yeah! yellow bottle! that's the stuff!! lmao

it's supposed to be used to a full tank i think.. once it mixes with the gas and moisture, it dilutes the potency of the harsh chemicals.. i never used more than half a bottle of it, i don't like using the entire bottles of stuff like that
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: GMC Won't Start!   GMC Won't Start! - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 10th 2010, 4:16 am

I read this whole thread. As I am reading and reading, the whole time I am starting to think water in the fuel, and needs to try to add a couple bottles of HEET to the tank and drive it. So it appears by the last 5 of 6 posts you guys have got what I was gonna suggest. Seems to be somewhat of a common problem this time of year and your symptoms are similar to others around here. I also thought about fuel filter a couple times too. Could be pressure regulator, but even though they can be intermittant, not as intermittant as yours has been. I am really thinking moisture in the fuel, and maybe even possible some is trapped in the fuel filter and when the filter lets go of it intermittantly, you have a problem. Also what made me think its water, is you mentioned pumping it like a carbed engine, which is doing nothing really, but it will open the butterflies and let the water pass on through the throttle body and cylinder as you are cranking until it picks up some gas then start. Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GMC Won't Start!   GMC Won't Start! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

GMC Won't Start!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2