Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Auto VS. Manual

Go down 
+10
$/$-AMX
Trucker_Eric
FaselZ71
f150dailydragger
French277
Jared Olson for SO IL
batty1214
merlin5577
1993GMCSierra
johnboggs21
14 posters

Auto VS. Manual
Auto
Auto VS. Manual I_vote_lcap14%Auto VS. Manual I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Manual
Auto VS. Manual I_vote_lcap86%Auto VS. Manual I_vote_rcap
 86% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyJanuary 20th 2010, 6:57 pm

Which do you prefer and why? Personally I prefer standards because I like having control of when the truck shifts. Also having the ability to stall a runaway engine, and the option of pull or roll starting the truck is nice.
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyJanuary 20th 2010, 7:02 pm

^ ditto, and when you have a manual, the engine never really bogs down, because you can downshift before it reaches that point. I also like the level of control as well.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyJanuary 20th 2010, 7:11 pm

You can roll start and pull start an automatic too, i've done it. Laughing

Give me an automatic. Massachusetts has to many massholes that cause too many traffic jams for me to want to deal with a stick, plus i'm lazy. Laughing
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyJanuary 20th 2010, 7:56 pm

i drive a stick for a daily driver, and i wish i had an automatic... heading for work at 3:00 am, it would be nice to not have think..... when it comes time to pull, a manual would be my choice anyday..... in the mud pits, a automatic, in the rocks, automatic, all the way around, id choose a manual... i used to pull 23-25 mpg with my 1/2 ton v8/ 5 speed gmc.... my friend has the same year, same motor, sane truck....auto trans and he was lucky to pull 18-19
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyJanuary 20th 2010, 10:35 pm

merlin5577 wrote:

Uhh....care to fill us in? Laughing
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyJanuary 20th 2010, 10:46 pm

1993GMCSierra wrote:
merlin5577 wrote:

Laughing My dad had an 86' Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme and the battery died. My buddy pushed me up to speed (25ish) and I dropped it into 1st gear, hit the ignition and vroom! Fired right up.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyJanuary 20th 2010, 10:53 pm

Manual makes you feel cooler
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyJanuary 20th 2010, 11:00 pm

Jared Olson for SO IL wrote:

Not when you have to restart the engine every 5 feet Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyJanuary 20th 2010, 11:03 pm

1993GMCSierra wrote:
Jared Olson for SO IL wrote:

Not when you have to restart the engine every 5 feet Razz Razz Razz Razz

Agreed. Never laughed as hard as the day the guy with the Cummins down the street stalled it at the light... Laughing
Back to top Go down
French277

French277

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyJanuary 21st 2010, 12:20 am

Pour Moi .,,
Ce sera un choix de fente ici tout cela selon ce que vous utilisez pour.

Car hevey s'arrête et va l'automatique est le mieux mais pour hiway vont à toute vitesse le manuel est le mieux si tout cela selon l'utilisation.

Pour moi j'ai vraiment tiré un peu de charges de hevey avec le manuel et je peux capable ne de faire le changement de flot {aucune utilisation de prise du tout à moins que l'arrêt à la lumière rouge..}

Le dernier camion que j'ai avant qu'il n'ait mis à la retraite la prise dure moi presque 450,000 miles avant que le jet du comportement de l'octroi de moi n'adapte {serment français continuant}

It will be a split choice here all it depending on what you use for.

For hevey stop and go the automatique is the best but for hiway speed the manual is the best so all it depending on use.

For myself I did pull a bit of hevey loads with manual and I can able do the float shift { no clutch use at all unless stop at the red light. .}

The last truck I have before it retired the clutch last me almost 450,000 miles before the throw out bearing giving me fits { french swearing going on }

Merci,Marc
Back to top Go down
f150dailydragger
Valued Member
Valued Member
f150dailydragger

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyJanuary 21st 2010, 7:48 am

i like both. i know its a poll one or the other but my DD is auto and its great. i do enjoy shifting through the gears of a manual trans but for every day use i have to go with the auto trans.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyJanuary 21st 2010, 9:05 pm

Manual all the way!!! Road Rock Mud Trail Haul Cruise it doesn't matter give me a stick I'll drive it!! Clutch Double Clutch Float Down Shift Power Shift Speed Shift whatever it takes I do it!!!
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyJanuary 22nd 2010, 6:32 am

manual shift all the way, i think auotmatics are just LZY. but it is nice to drive and automatic when you are with your significant other, then you can hold her hand while you drive, manuals you cant. but i chose manual because i love driving stick shift
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyJanuary 22nd 2010, 5:00 pm

Trucker_Eric wrote:
manual shift all the way, i think auotmatics are just LZY. but it is nice to drive and automatic when you are with your significant other, then you can hold her hand while you drive, manuals you cant. but i chose manual because i love driving stick shift

Thats why i drive a 3 spd on the column lol and a bench seat so she can ride in the middle
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyJanuary 22nd 2010, 5:13 pm

Yeah, I am lazy, give me the automatic.
Back to top Go down
$/$-AMX
Valued Member
Valued Member
$/$-AMX

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyJanuary 23rd 2010, 12:25 am

merlin5577 wrote:
1993GMCSierra wrote:
merlin5577 wrote:

Laughing My dad had an 86' Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme and the battery died. My buddy pushed me up to speed (25ish) and I dropped it into 1st gear, hit the ignition and vroom! Fired right up.

That's the TH475 for ya it had both front n rear pump's. . .

Mike
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyJanuary 24th 2010, 2:11 pm

thats what happened to me, the batt died when i was over my friends place so he got in his car, and pushed me down the road, popped it into 1st, and bam, started right up and on my way i went.
Back to top Go down
cubby127
cubby127

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyJanuary 26th 2010, 11:34 pm

I love my 5 speed. Manual trannys separate the men from the boys Cool
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyFebruary 3rd 2010, 2:44 pm

im goin wit auto for all around use, i jus prefer them over manuals. i reckon im gettin lazy in my old age lol and yes, i do own one of each
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyFebruary 3rd 2010, 3:56 pm

i prefer stick in a car, auto in a truck.. it's fun to dump the clutch in a car and just let the tires roast.. but i hate wheelin and trail riding with a stick, so auto all the way as far as trucks go
Back to top Go down
squeeky
squeeky

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual EmptyFebruary 11th 2010, 9:26 am

I really like my Allison but I wish it was a manual.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Auto VS. Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto VS. Manual   Auto VS. Manual Empty

Back to top Go down

Auto VS. Manual
Page 1 of 1