Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Big Block VS. Small Block

Go down 
+14
doc_auto
fordman68
batty1214
maxell3655
In2Trux
$/$-AMX
Trucker_Eric
FaselZ71
f150dailydragger
semocoachworks
007jimmy
1993GMCSierra
johnboggs21
merlin5577
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Big Block or Small Block
Big Block
Big Block VS. Small Block - Page 2 I_vote_lcap79%Big Block VS. Small Block - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 79% [ 11 ]
Small Block
Big Block VS. Small Block - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%Big Block VS. Small Block - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

Big Block VS. Small Block - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Block VS. Small Block   Big Block VS. Small Block - Page 2 EmptyApril 2nd 2010, 1:54 pm

350's are over rated.. anyone can call summit and order a butt load of parts and build a 400hp NA motor.. 302/351W is where it's at Smile
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: Big Block VS. Small Block   Big Block VS. Small Block - Page 2 EmptyApril 5th 2010, 12:20 am

79_bronco wrote:
350's are over rated.. anyone can call summit and order a butt load of parts and build a 400hp NA motor.. 302/351W is where it's at Smile

hmmm, Shocked Has anyone checked on 79_bronco lately?? I think he may be suffering from some kind of head injury??? Man, I sure hope he's OK soon. Laughing
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Big Block VS. Small Block   Big Block VS. Small Block - Page 2 EmptyApril 5th 2010, 12:23 am

what? ford power all day long! any retard can build a 350 to push 400hp.. no offense to anyone here lol it takes real skill to build a 302/351W to push that kind of power without a power adder
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: Big Block VS. Small Block   Big Block VS. Small Block - Page 2 EmptyApril 5th 2010, 1:47 am

79_bronco wrote:
what? ford power all day long! any retard can build a 350 to push 400hp.. no offense to anyone here lol it takes real skill to build a 302/351W to push that kind of power without a power adder

You're right and no offense either, but for the sake of a good debate, so you think a 350 is overrated because of that??? I sure think not. I hear you are saying because a 350 is easy to build, can make good hp with little work, little money and expertise, that even a cave man can do it. I think your statement validates my points about the 350 being the best all around motor. Personally, I don't think it takes that much skill to make a 302/351 produce good hp either. It just takes more money and bigger parts is all, and still will not have the longevity of the SBC. You give me enough money to play with, I can even make a Yugo fast. Just not for very long.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Big Block VS. Small Block   Big Block VS. Small Block - Page 2 EmptyApril 5th 2010, 2:04 am

TruckAddict wrote:
79_bronco wrote:

Personally, I don't think it takes that much skill to make a 302/351 produce good hp either. It just takes more money and bigger parts is all

WHAT?! no way.. people who think it costs so much more to build a sbf need a reality check.. it cost me very little more to build my 306 than it did to build the 355 that's supposed to be going in my dad's cutlass (13.76 more to be exact) with the same edelbrock victor intake, same MSD distributor, same brand cam(same model too)/lifters/rockers, same series keith black pistons, same stageII summit rods, same brand crank.. etc etc.. the only difference is the heads we're running which we both paid $200 for the pair.. mine are GT40's off an exploder and his are 2.02 heads he found at a flea market. the estimated fly wheel horsepower on mine is 60-75hp higher than his, with roughly 30-40ft/lbs more torque. money is not the issue when building a sbf, it's know-how.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Big Block VS. Small Block   Big Block VS. Small Block - Page 2 EmptyApril 5th 2010, 3:22 am

just read my sig chris.. that is all
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Big Block VS. Small Block   Big Block VS. Small Block - Page 2 EmptyApril 5th 2010, 3:05 pm

shut up fruit cup lol
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Big Block VS. Small Block   Big Block VS. Small Block - Page 2 EmptyApril 5th 2010, 9:10 pm

the way i look at it is, if you wanna go fast, get urself a cheby motor, if you wanna pull, get a ford motor
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Big Block VS. Small Block   Big Block VS. Small Block - Page 2 EmptyApril 5th 2010, 9:13 pm

a 302 can kick a 350's butt
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Big Block VS. Small Block   Big Block VS. Small Block - Page 2 EmptyApril 5th 2010, 9:19 pm

i guess. Im not really a gasser guy lol. I always figured the 350s have short strokes and ford motors have longer strokes, therefore they are better for pullin and the chebs are better for racing.

I know what we could do. Put jarheads 350 up against KPs 302 lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Big Block VS. Small Block   Big Block VS. Small Block - Page 2 EmptyApril 5th 2010, 9:42 pm

oooooorrrrrrrrr we can just put a stock 5.0 mustang up against a 5.7L camaro haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Block VS. Small Block   Big Block VS. Small Block - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Block VS. Small Block
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2