Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!

Go down 
+2
merlin5577
FaselZ71
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! Empty
PostSubject: I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!   I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 1:42 pm

Whats going on guys!!!! So glad to see the old gang back together I to have been extremely bored with the other forums I belongs too... Not to mention the other forums I bolng to aside from TF you guys have not yet found or decided not to register on!!! Either way that's the past and we're all here to say!!! It's so nice to see Jr. at the healm atleast now we won't have well you know what I'm saying! Anyway for those who don't know me I'm Bryan Fasel hence the screen name and I drive a 1992 GMC Z71 that has been out of commission for the better part of 5 months waiting for a transmission and still on the waiting list is my lift kit... It's to the point of agony now but I can't complain because I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place if I keep my mouth shut nothing will ever get don't but if I start getting upset then the people who have the tools and the abilities to help me will not help me any longer.. But more to come in other threads for now just saying Hi!!! I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! Sign0203
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!   I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 2:16 pm

About time you showed up. Glad to see you bud, welcome back!

Transmission troubles huh? Seems to be contagious...
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!   I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 2:29 pm

Yeah they are and this is the second time my trans is getting rebuilt the first time it was put together I glazed the 3-4 clutchs because my detent cable broke the little plastic clip broke where it hooks to the tb... Made it about 1/2 mile down the road and it suddenly slipped in neutral and wouldn't shift into 3rd after that I was so pissed but thankfully my trans guy does my work for the cost of parts and no labor charge the only problem is he takes forever to get off his butt and do anything!!! Yeah it has taken my awhile to get back to TF to check my pm's pirate 4x4 and Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Asso. are quite addicting and pirate is so big it take forever to read through everything... Plus they are way more lacks on the language issue I had to go freshen up on the rules because I was so used to pirate! But yes I'm here now sorry it took so long won't take me long to catch up I've already been thru the GM section so I'm getting there!!!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!   I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 2:32 pm

lol. I know the feeling. I'm looking for a transmission for my 85', it decided it doesnt like me anymore.

Check out the pride and joy section and while your there, show off your truck.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!   I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 2:38 pm

What kind of tranny does that 85 need? I've got a 400 turbo long shaft out of and 85 2wd sell it to ya cheap!!! all you need in the short tail shaft and the adapter but if you have a bad 400 then you have all the parts you need just gotta swap em out!!! What do ya say
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!   I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 2:47 pm

Sorry bud, I need a 700R4. A 400 would require mods to make work. Its the 85' in my signature.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!   I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 3:54 pm

Would it really? I always thought the 400's had the same bellhousing and they are the same length aren't they? Mmm... Oh well just trying to help ya out if I had the right parts then it would be in my truck already.
Back to top Go down
bigz
bigz

PostSubject: Re: I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!   I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 3:59 pm

welcome back fasel!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!   I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 4:05 pm

FaselZ71 wrote:
Would it really? I always thought the 400's had the same bellhousing and they are the same length aren't they? Mmm... Oh well just trying to help ya out if I had the right parts then it would be in my truck already.

I know the bell housing is the same, but they are different lengths. I would have to move the cross member forward, and get new drive shafts, plus I would lose my overdrive.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!   I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 4:14 pm

Ahh yeah that's right about the drive lines and OD!!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!   I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 4:15 pm

Yeah, I like OD, and thats to much work. lol.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!   I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 9:54 pm

od is overrated... i get great highway speeds with my 2.73... lol.. i just cant take off of the line to quick cause i goes through tires like i drink beer.. lol
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!   I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 10:22 pm

oh yeah and welcome back brian
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!   I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 9:22 am

haha that's joe!!! I look forward to hangin out with the old gang again this should be fun!!!
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!   I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 9:31 am

welcome back man! haha i was wonderin where you were
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!   I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 9:46 am

Oh I've been here and there! Spent alotta my time over at another forum that has to do with 4x4's and pirates!! But I'm here now and thats what matters!
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!   I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 10:15 am

Wlecome back man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytrucksource.com
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!   I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 10:45 am

thanks for the welcome glad to see your still alive and kicking
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!   I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 12:37 pm

007jimmy wrote:
od is overrated... i get great highway speeds with my 2.73... lol.. i just cant take off of the line to quick cause i goes through tires like i drink beer.. lol

Sure.... lol. But the 85' has 3.73 gears front and rear. So my top speed would be..... 60 ish, down hill, with a tailwind......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!   I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I hope you don't mind but I left mud on the doormat!!!
Page 1 of 1