Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea.

Go down 
+2
Junior3382
merlin5577
6 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea. Empty
PostSubject: ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea.   ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea. EmptyAugust 15th 2009, 3:35 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32334931/ns/business-oil_and_energy

The rich get richer, and the poor..... Well forget the poor, they dont matter........ No
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea.   ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea. EmptyAugust 15th 2009, 10:40 pm

I have a bigger issue with it.....

When I bought the S10 it held a private party KBB value of 6300 bucks.... sucks compared to loan, but not hateful. Lately I have considered unloading some issues and that was one, and though, MAYBE I can talk up the mods and get my loan value out of the truck. But I looked at the private party KBB value today... and it has fallen to 2300 bucks! And this is since mid MAY! So maybe it is helping those who have the credit to buy a new car, but for guys like me, that have to live with a shitload of mistakes and do NOT have that choice, I just lost a hge amount of my resources!

Also, my F250 fell from a PP KBB value last May of 16,800 dollars to 13,055 dollars now, ASSUMING it was clean, which it is not due to the body damage! I mean COME ON! arrggghhh! LMAO
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytrucksource.com
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea.   ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea. EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 2:01 am

Thats just a few of the many problems with that program. Everything about it is just horrible.
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea.   ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea. EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 2:07 am

the intentions were good, and the idea was good, but there is no quick fix for this major problem. Like putting a band-aid on a severed limb. It may for for a week, but not for the long-run.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytrucksource.com
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea.   ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea. EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 2:08 am

The road to hell was paved with good intentions. I do agree though, its a stop-gap, and a bad one at that.
Back to top Go down
BombDocDiesel
BombDocDiesel

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea.   ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea. EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 12:14 am

I think the funniest part is that it was intended to boost domestic sales. That didn't really happen.
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea.   ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea. EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 11:33 am

dont even get me started on that hairbrained idea, jus the thot of it pisses me off. not to mention the "presidents" 45,000 dollar vacation that he took my tax money to pay for. it makes me so mad..... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea.   ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea. EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 11:45 am

i could care less about this cause it brought me 13 new blazers to pick and choose from at the junk yard... works out in my favor cause i am getting a 99 blazer for the wife tomorrow... lol
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea.   ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea. EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 11:56 am

Here's the thing. WE are paying for EACH car traded in. It's OUR tax money they are using. Do you have that little warm feeling inside when you see people trading the cars in for new ones with OUR Money? Didn't think so.

Don't get me wrong, if I could trade cars in for a used one, I would trade in both the old truck, and probably my Lincoln, and buy a 2006 Lincoln Town Car Designer Series (top of the line, best year) Don't get me wrong, nothing is wrong with my car, but the newer ones have a more reliable transmission, and more creature comforts, although mine has been trouble free, and I love it. Smile

But, new TC's are $54,000, and I think the cars can't cost more than 40K.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea.   ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea. EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 11:58 am

i would rather my money get used to help people out then go into the governments pockets...
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea.   ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea. EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 12:06 pm

To a degree, yes.

BUT, think about it.

Why do most people drive old "POS" cars? because they can't afford a new car. What does this program do? Allow those people a "discount" on a new car, when they can't afford them. Sure, some people know where they stand financially, but a lot just look at it short term. I know several people (not going into detail) but they traded in their old cars for new "pimpmobiles" i.e .300C's, DTS, etc, and now they are being repossessed. Now, they have no car, and can't get to work, losing their jobs, and adding to the unemployment. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the program, it should only be for those who can financially take on the new car payments. This way, there isn't a huge risk for a chain reaction of a BUNCH of new purchases, followed by a BUNCH of people who can't keep up the payments, and then a BUNCH of repo's, followed by a BUNCH of people who get fired, or have to quit, because they can't get to work.

Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea.   ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea. EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 12:27 pm

I love the whole, we have to go green side to this program. Yet, no one takes into account the amount of energy an pollution it takes to build these new cars. Yes, older cars get worse fuel economy, but there enviromental impact has long been paid for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea.   ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea. Empty

Back to top Go down

ANOTHER reason Cash for clunkers is a bad idea.
Page 1 of 1