Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Ford Trucks See Lift and Shift From Cash for Clunkers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Ford Trucks See Lift and Shift From Cash for Clunkers Empty
PostSubject: Ford Trucks See Lift and Shift From Cash for Clunkers   Ford Trucks See Lift and Shift From Cash for Clunkers EmptySeptember 5th 2009, 7:19 pm

Quote :
One of the unsung — and probably counterintuitive -- winners in last month’s Cash for Clunkers program was Ford’s truck lineup, according to Doug Scott, Ford’s truck and SUV marketing manager. And while sales jumped this summer, Scott doesn’t see a return to the pickup heyday for quite a while to come.

Not surprisingly, the biggest change was in truck buyers, who Scott says were more price-sensitive than truck buyers before C4C. They drove the biggest shifts for F-150 and Ranger:

•Ford F-150: Pre-Clunkers, SuperCrew sales were from as much as 65% of sales. During Clunkers, SuperCrew volume dropped to around 57% of sales – a roughly 8-point shift. Scott says that shift was split about evenly between an increase in regular and SuperCab (extended cab) sales. There was a similar shift in sales of 4WD and 2WD trucks, with 2WD sales rising to roughly 50% of F-150s from as low as 42%, and 4WD sales shrinking to 50% from around 57%.

•Ford Ranger: Ranger sales in August were up 57% from a year earlier and Scott says there’s only a seven-day supply on dealer lots currently. The most popular powertrain option was the four-cylinder engine, which saw a 10% bump in popularity (to 70%) during C4C. Sales of six-cylinder motors fell to 30%.

•Super Duty: Scott says Super Duty sales were softer than normal throughout July and August.

“We knew going in Super Duty wasn’t going to stand to benefit as much because of the expected lift for small cars and SUVs,” said Scott.

Scott says he also thinks Ford has yet to see the bump to Super Duty sales that was expected from the government’s $787 billion fiscal and infrastructure stimulus package passed earlier this year.
What happens next? Scott expects September to be a tough month compared to July and August.

“I think you’re going to have payback,” Scott said. “There’s no question about that. It’s the magnitude of the payback that’s going to be tough to get our arms around. It was hard to establish what the impact of Clunkers was going to be going in” and it’s going to be tough seeing the next few months as well.

“We still expect the full-size pickup market to account for 11% to 12% of the industry,” Scott said, “and we expect volume to be higher than it was in the first part of the year, but not dramatically higher.”

But Scott says Ford definitely doesn’t see trucks returning to their peak sales days in 2004 and 2005 for a long time, if ever.

“We think that by 2013-14 we’ll see full-size trucks return to 2 million units in sales,” said Scott. “That’s still below their performance a few years ago.”
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Ford Trucks See Lift and Shift From Cash for Clunkers   Ford Trucks See Lift and Shift From Cash for Clunkers EmptySeptember 6th 2009, 1:08 pm

I agree and I personally think that with the current economy and with the gas prices and the energy crisis I don't think trucks with ever be as popular as they once where!!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Ford Trucks See Lift and Shift From Cash for Clunkers   Ford Trucks See Lift and Shift From Cash for Clunkers EmptySeptember 6th 2009, 3:19 pm

FaselZ71 wrote:
with the current economy and with the gas prices and the energy crisis I don't think trucks with ever be as popular as they once where!!

I hope your wrong...
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: Ford Trucks See Lift and Shift From Cash for Clunkers   Ford Trucks See Lift and Shift From Cash for Clunkers EmptySeptember 6th 2009, 10:51 pm

3rd.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Ford Trucks See Lift and Shift From Cash for Clunkers   Ford Trucks See Lift and Shift From Cash for Clunkers EmptySeptember 9th 2009, 10:42 pm

i dont know about you guys but i see alot of new ford and chevy trucks in my neighborhood... but then again... 80% of the houses here have atleast 1 truck parked in its driveway... i have 7 parked in my driveway between me and my father in law... well 5 of mine are parked at my shop now but you get the picture.. lol...
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Ford Trucks See Lift and Shift From Cash for Clunkers   Ford Trucks See Lift and Shift From Cash for Clunkers EmptySeptember 9th 2009, 11:22 pm

FaselZ71 wrote:
with the current economy and with the gas prices and the energy crisis I don't think trucks with ever be as popular as they once where!!

i think that's 100% wrong.. most guys who own trucks will swear by their trucks. pick ups are needed for god knows how many businesses and all sorts of personal uses. the pick-up truck will always be a hugely popular thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ford Trucks See Lift and Shift From Cash for Clunkers   Ford Trucks See Lift and Shift From Cash for Clunkers Empty

Back to top Go down

Ford Trucks See Lift and Shift From Cash for Clunkers
Page 1 of 1