Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

GM's New Battery Saver Feature Can Save Tailgaters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

GM's New Battery Saver Feature Can Save Tailgaters Empty
PostSubject: GM's New Battery Saver Feature Can Save Tailgaters   GM's New Battery Saver Feature Can Save Tailgaters EmptyNovember 13th 2009, 10:52 pm

If you’ve ever used your truck for tailgating, you know you can kill the battery by running a 12-volt TV, cooler or stereo. It’s easy to forget to turn off these items while you’re barbecuing and enjoying the celebration in the parking lot outside the big game.

For 2010, GM has quietly introduced a solution that will help ensure you’ll be able to start your truck after the party has ended. It’s called Battery Saver: Instead of automatically shutting off the headlights or interior lights after 10 minutes, if you forget to turn them off, Battery Saver monitors your battery voltage. When the voltage drops too low, the truck flashes “Battery Saver: Restart Truck” on the driver information display in the gauge cluster and shuts power to 12-volt accessories, leaving just enough juice to turn the engine over, so your battery can recharge.

Of course, if you’re looking for a longer-lasting tailgate vehicle that you don’t have to worry about pausing the party, you may want to consider the Two-Mode Chevrolet Silverado or GMC Sierra Hybrids. On a full tank of fuel, they can power the party for a full 2.5 days before needing a refill. The engine starts up and shuts off automatically, as needed, to keep the batteries fully charged.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/11/gms-new-battery-saver-feature-can-save-tailgaters.html
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: GM's New Battery Saver Feature Can Save Tailgaters   GM's New Battery Saver Feature Can Save Tailgaters EmptyNovember 14th 2009, 11:45 pm

It'd freak me out if my truck started by itself without any warning while i was tailgatin lol
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: GM's New Battery Saver Feature Can Save Tailgaters   GM's New Battery Saver Feature Can Save Tailgaters EmptyNovember 15th 2009, 1:49 am

johnboggs21 wrote:
It'd freak me out if my truck started by itself without any warning while i was tailgatin lol

Having done it I can tell you it is freaky. My truck has a remote start and I leaned on the button one day..... affraid
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: GM's New Battery Saver Feature Can Save Tailgaters   GM's New Battery Saver Feature Can Save Tailgaters EmptyNovember 15th 2009, 3:00 pm

^^^ Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: GM's New Battery Saver Feature Can Save Tailgaters   GM's New Battery Saver Feature Can Save Tailgaters EmptyNovember 15th 2009, 10:15 pm

every vehicle i have owned it is oe of the first things i do.. warm it up in the winter and cool it off in the summer.. but yeah i have done that a few times.. its really scary when your sleeping and all the sudden the truck turns on waking you and the wife up.. apperently i had set it for the auto-start mode at 4am one time. after a few nights of it doing it i figured it out..
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: GM's New Battery Saver Feature Can Save Tailgaters   GM's New Battery Saver Feature Can Save Tailgaters EmptyNovember 18th 2009, 5:53 pm

If my truck did that, I'd be afraid it would be out killing people. Although it would be cool, if it would fix its own dents and repaints itself. I wonder if Christine fixed her own rust too?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GM's New Battery Saver Feature Can Save Tailgaters   GM's New Battery Saver Feature Can Save Tailgaters Empty

Back to top Go down

GM's New Battery Saver Feature Can Save Tailgaters
Page 1 of 1