Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Check your tire pressure!

Go down 
+3
In2Trux
1993GMCSierra
merlin5577
7 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Check your tire pressure! Empty
PostSubject: Check your tire pressure!   Check your tire pressure! EmptyOctober 19th 2009, 4:12 pm

Alright guys its getting cold out now and air constricts as it gets cold, so the pressure will normally drop. Be safe out there and make sure your pressures are up to snuff. I checked mine today and all of them where low, on each truck.

At minimum, check your pressures once a month.

Last edited by merlin5577 on October 19th 2009, 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Check your tire pressure!   Check your tire pressure! EmptyOctober 19th 2009, 4:25 pm

Thanks for the FYI.

I'll wait until it STAYS cold here though. It's going to be 70 tomorrow, 46 Wed. and 75 Thurs. scratch
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Check your tire pressure!   Check your tire pressure! EmptyOctober 19th 2009, 4:41 pm

Good advice Rob.
Check your Gas cans out in the shed too. My lawnmower gas can was so severally collapsed because of the colder weather.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Check your tire pressure!   Check your tire pressure! EmptyOctober 19th 2009, 10:53 pm

Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Check your tire pressure!   Check your tire pressure! EmptyOctober 20th 2009, 12:07 pm

If it wasnt so expensive it might be worth it.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Check your tire pressure!   Check your tire pressure! EmptyOctober 20th 2009, 9:45 pm

I check the pressure in my tires far to frequently to need reminding... lol However it's a good heads up... Also don't forget to freeze test your coolant to make sure you don't end up utilizing your freeze plugs this year!!! lol
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Check your tire pressure!   Check your tire pressure! EmptyJanuary 11th 2010, 6:09 pm

Since the cold is here to stay, dont forget to check your pressures!
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Check your tire pressure!   Check your tire pressure! EmptyJanuary 11th 2010, 10:18 pm

Good idea since it's going down to -20C here tonight It's probably a good idea since Oct's temps when this thread started.
I'm sure mine will need topping up sum.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: Check your tire pressure!   Check your tire pressure! EmptyJanuary 11th 2010, 10:19 pm

i checked the ones on the 110 ton haul trucks, and they lost 22 psi on average..... that was just in a week
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Check your tire pressure!   Check your tire pressure! EmptyNovember 4th 2010, 7:51 pm

Alright guys I know its an old thread but you can never be too safe. The cold is here, so be sure to break out the tire pressure gauges and get to work.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Check your tire pressure!   Check your tire pressure! EmptyNovember 4th 2010, 8:17 pm

you know mine are checked. rotated, oil change, and coolant flush are done in the main drivers.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Check your tire pressure!   Check your tire pressure! EmptyNovember 4th 2010, 8:25 pm

Same here. But dont forget the fuel filters. Even gasoline engines dont like pumping cold fuel through clogged filters.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Check your tire pressure!   Check your tire pressure! EmptyNovember 4th 2010, 8:37 pm

they were done recently so im not to worried.. i like to run a little injector cleaner here and there so i dont get any surprises
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Check your tire pressure!   Check your tire pressure! EmptyNovember 5th 2010, 12:41 pm

This is cool
Revive an old thread just to keep tradition.
Another good thing about it, I'm getting forgetful in my old age.
Thanx
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

PostSubject: Re: Check your tire pressure!   Check your tire pressure! EmptyNovember 7th 2010, 2:48 pm

Don't forget to check your lug nuts either, especially those of us with custom wheels. I know the cold doesn't really do much to them, but last weekend I went hunting with a buddy of mine and his tire almost came off because he didn't retorque the lugs after 50, 150, and 300 miles.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Check your tire pressure!   Check your tire pressure! EmptyNovember 7th 2010, 4:04 pm

Good advice!

Did my monthly check today; Silverado was down 7lbs at each corner & the Suburban was down 3 lbs at each corner. Good thing I checked... Laughing
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: Check your tire pressure!   Check your tire pressure! EmptyNovember 8th 2010, 9:11 pm

If you have summer toys, you might want to throw some fuel stabilizer in the tanks too.....
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Check your tire pressure!   Check your tire pressure! EmptyNovember 8th 2010, 10:04 pm

The Z71 has been Sta-Bil'd. Pressures are set. Oil needs changing. I gotta get something done around here. Got a couple inches the other day but it's all gone for now. No worries though it'll return as will my role of being the winter "Stig" in my neighborhood! Busted a couple doughnuts the other day!! I've got the winter drifting fever now!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Check your tire pressure!   Check your tire pressure! EmptyNovember 9th 2010, 11:58 am

lucky you.. its in the high 50s around here still..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check your tire pressure!   Check your tire pressure! Empty

Back to top Go down

Check your tire pressure!
Page 1 of 1