Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Calling All Deer Hunters

Go down 
+6
merlin5577
FaselZ71
Lone_Wolf
1993GMCSierra
bigcountry78
76silverado
10 posters
AuthorMessage
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

Calling All Deer Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters EmptyOctober 17th 2009, 10:24 pm

Since muzzle loader season started today for me I figured I would start a topic for hunting. So who all hunts, where and with what? I hunt on my place, we have 65 acres. I hunt out of a tree stand using a Remington 12 gauge shootin slugs.
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters EmptyOctober 18th 2009, 10:29 pm

No one hunts, really?
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters EmptyOctober 18th 2009, 10:33 pm

i hunt some, i use a 308. ive got a climbin stand, but i prefer tripods and ground blnds. we have a lil over 400 acres, so findin a place to hunt aint a problem.
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters EmptyOctober 18th 2009, 10:44 pm

Sounds like you also hunt with your truck lol!
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters EmptyOctober 18th 2009, 10:47 pm

yea unfortunatly lol. it was my 06, no less. when you live out this far its not a matter of if, but when itll happen.
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters EmptyOctober 18th 2009, 11:34 pm

I'll usually go once a year. I use my 1920 Winchester Model 12 12 ga., Or a newer 10 ga.

Last year, I used one of my dads guns, It was from the 1930's, I think. I forgot the maker, but it's a Sportsman.
Back to top Go down
Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters EmptyOctober 20th 2009, 1:25 am

I hunt deer also, here in this part of michigan you MUST use shotguns or a muzzle loader, but no rifles. im 16 years old and usually me and my dad go up north about 100 miles where its legal to use a rifle, i have a remington 700 30-06, but we dont have the money this year, so im going to hunt of my land with my Remington 870 Express 16 GA pump, we have 10 acres, All woods, property borders a corn field, and i work for the farm that owns it, so i just have to ask my boss if its ok if i hunt the edge of it, sitting on the edge of my woods, ive already got 2 good spots picked out and working on a 3rd, seen some really big tracks out there, if i get one this year, it will be my first, even tho all my friends have already got a lot of deer in the past few years, I but i guess thats why they call it Hunting and not Getting.

gun season starts on november 15 here, im hoping that we will have a little snow by then, and if its snowing that morning and the day will be perfect, im craving venison already
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters EmptyOctober 20th 2009, 9:58 pm

I hunt as well! I Bow hunt and rifle hunt (in my part of michigan I can) I have a 7mm STW and I have a 7.62x39 and that's my deer rifle great accuracy up to 100 yards and good grouping at 250 yards and plenty of knock down power!! I spot and stalk hunt it's my belief that if you really want something in life you have to go out and get you can't just sit and wait for to walk by... I scout the woods and look for deer presence in the off season and about a month before hunting season I leave 2 or 3 sweaty T-shirts in the areas I plan to hunt and replace them every week or so so the game gets used to my sent travelling thru the woods so that way when I in the woods in not such a sudden shock to the game in the area... I religiously hunt a local 40 acres owned by a friend of mine but there's a 2000 acres privately owned publicly shared wooded area up here and it's free to hunt and fish as long as you have written permission from the club who owns it and my grandpa and uncle's have been part of the club for years and my family has umlimited access to the land year round! It's so much fun to just go walking around for hours and alot funner when you finally spot a deer and have to get close enough for a good shot!!!
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters EmptyOctober 23rd 2009, 10:30 pm

Well I got my first of the year Wednesday. Right before dark I saw a Doe and fawn come up in front of my stand, then 15 min. later I saw 4 does and an 8 point buck come up. Needless to say I will be eating some of that 8 point this weekend. I'll throw a pic. on here once I download it.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters EmptyOctober 24th 2009, 4:00 pm

I almost got one last night.... with my truck.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters EmptyOctober 24th 2009, 4:49 pm

merlin5577 wrote:
I almost got one last night.... with my truck.... Laughing

You too? lol!
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters EmptyOctober 24th 2009, 7:30 pm

i have a new place to hunt.. my boss has plenty of land and already has a few tree stands up.. should be fun for the weekends and days when im workin on his house.. now i just got to bust out the crossbow..
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters EmptyOctober 24th 2009, 11:08 pm

Well, get ya a deer already!
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters EmptyOctober 25th 2009, 12:21 am

i have 480 acres of designated trophy mule deer draw area, and i havent hunted it... we get depardation tags every 2 years, but some yuppie will pay 3500-4500 for that tag.... id hunt a general tag, but i am scared of being shot by all 1500 hunters that get tags for the same area of general area.... the rest of the areas are designated trophy draw areas, and we have a crooked fish and game out here..... you pay 55$ to put in for the draw, and those who "donate" to that government agency always gets a tag.... everyone else is "luck" of the draw.... ive been putting in for 4 areas since i was 14, and never drawn out....... i do hunt elk, and use a 7mm rifle.... ill post a picture of the 6 by 7 i saw this last week.
Back to top Go down
semocoachworks
Valued Member
Valued Member
semocoachworks

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters EmptyOctober 25th 2009, 11:14 pm

My wife and I hunt alot of land here in South Dakota. We have a weatherby mark 5 .300 mag, 2-.243's, winchester .300 short mag model 70, remington 30-06, ruger 77 in almost every caliber, and a collection of browning bars, all of them except the .270 mag in weatherby(would pay a pretty penny for this missing gun if any of you know of one, only one we dont have)
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters EmptyOctober 31st 2009, 10:27 pm

Pics!!
Calling All Deer Hunters Deer10
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters EmptyOctober 31st 2009, 10:36 pm

Awesome! Dinner is served!
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters EmptyOctober 31st 2009, 10:36 pm

Yepp, 9 point.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters EmptyNovember 1st 2009, 12:51 am

yup, whitetail....... about as big as a poodle.... only its got horns!!!!
Nice looking buck though..... I want to come out and hunt whitetail someday......
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters EmptyNovember 6th 2009, 11:30 pm

Hittin the woods tomorrow. Hopefully I'll see one of the big boys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Deer Hunters   Calling All Deer Hunters Empty

Back to top Go down

Calling All Deer Hunters
Page 1 of 1