Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

My other ride....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

My other ride.... Empty
PostSubject: My other ride....   My other ride.... EmptyAugust 13th 2009, 7:09 pm

This is named, The Spawn of Satan..... this S10 has been the worst purchase I have EVER made in my life! It is not the trucks fault, and I have no hard feelings against Gm because of it, but this things was not a good buy. I am into it for the loan, about 6 grand in repairs and my trade, and it is still not right! Twisted frame, ruined parts etc. as it sits now, it now has :::

New upper control arms
New lower control arms
New sway bar
New swar bar endlinks
New CV shafts
New upper AND lower ball joints
New tierod ends
New wheel bearings
New rotors
New caliper on passanger side
New brake pads up front
New frame mounts for upper control arms
New shocks
New shackles in the rear
Fully straightened frame
New Torsion bars up front
New torsion keys

And so on. If it is a part of the suspension or steering system, it has been replaced. period. This still news reloaction braketry for the front differential to relieve the stress on the passanger side CV shaft. Rear Axle needs relocated about one inch to the DS. New door pins for DS door hinges. And a few other things to be right.

It pulls hard to the right, and the CV shaft will not last due to binding. But $$$ ran out and it is what it is. Anyways, here are the pics of how it looks. New rims and 30X9.5 General tires.

My other ride.... Blabla14

And the many many trips this thing took tied to the rear of my truck! LMAO

My other ride.... Depres10
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytrucksource.com
007jimmy
007jimmy

My other ride.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My other ride....   My other ride.... EmptyAugust 13th 2009, 7:30 pm

i still really wanna come out your way just to look at that thing... i dont understand how you had so many problems and mine was simple bolt off bolt on... i understand the whole twisted frame part but it shouldnt bind the cv's... something really isnt right and i just wanna see it for myself... lol
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

My other ride.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My other ride....   My other ride.... EmptyAugust 13th 2009, 7:38 pm

I will take some more detailed pics and post them up for you to see what I mean. The front diff itself did not straighten with the frame, and is sitting about 3/4 of an inch off center towards tha passanger side and forcing pressure and binding on the CV shaft... you will see.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

My other ride.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My other ride....   My other ride.... EmptyAugust 13th 2009, 7:55 pm

it has some adustment in it and you should be able to move it over by loosing the bolts that hold it on...
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

My other ride.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My other ride....   My other ride.... EmptyAugust 13th 2009, 7:58 pm

it has been moved to max already... inorder to move any further, it needs to be cut out and re welded..... look in the GM section, there is a thread for it now.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

My other ride.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My other ride....   My other ride.... EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 2:30 pm

So are you able to drive it? Or does it just sit?
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

My other ride.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My other ride....   My other ride.... EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 9:39 pm

It gets driven. Not sure how long it will last that way, but it HAS to be driven since the whole point to this was to get a reliable vehicle... transportation these days are a nescesary evil! LMAO
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

My other ride.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My other ride....   My other ride.... EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 9:42 pm

i say cut the front axles in half... keep the one part in the center diff to keep all the oil in it and keep the other half on to keep your tires from coming off and say **** it... make it a 2wd with the 4wd optiomn... least youll be able to drive it around and not worry about tearing up an axle or something...
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

My other ride.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My other ride....   My other ride.... EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 9:42 pm

and yes i have seen it done before... you could get 2wd spindles and use them but there is some machining neccesary
Back to top Go down
BombDocDiesel
BombDocDiesel

My other ride.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My other ride....   My other ride.... EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 12:18 am

How hard was it hit?
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

My other ride.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My other ride....   My other ride.... EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 1:44 am

i wasnt the fact that it was hit hard i dont think... i think it was just repaired poorly... my truck has been in 2 accidents... both above 30mph but none hard enought to pop the airbags and i have zero issues cause i took it to a top of the line shop... the frame guy there has been doing it for 25 years and has been voted best in the state several times... the trucks and the suvs are totally different up top but they use basically the same frame underneath.. i think someone used the old winch and tree method to straighten the frame on that truck... lmao...
Back to top Go down
BombDocDiesel
BombDocDiesel

My other ride.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My other ride....   My other ride.... EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 11:29 pm

Junior and 007. I've bent my fair share of IFS GMs. Chum is getting a Dana 60 under her. Slick will also eventually. You can smack them pretty hard until you hit it just right. The weight of my diesels makes it even more important to swap out the IFS on Slick. Side impacts are the most likely to cuase the problems. Even diagonal hits to the front often will not deploy the air bags, especially on S-10/15.

If you get the crossmembers checked I'll bet you come out parallelogrammed. Try measuring the Xs from the front diff support to the t-brackets and front rear leaf spring hangers. Something is out of whack.

Last edited by BombDocDiesel on August 17th 2009, 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

My other ride.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My other ride....   My other ride.... EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 11:38 pm

007jimmy wrote:
and yes i have seen it done before... you could get 2wd spindles and use them but there is some machining neccesary

hahahaha, my sonoma lmao.. all you have to do is cut the 'bubble' off the lower control arm and flip the balljoint up top to run 2wd spindles

and depending on what year it is, the CV shafts just bolt to the carrier.. that's how my sonoma is
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

My other ride.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My other ride....   My other ride.... EmptyAugust 18th 2009, 12:42 am

its older then 98 so the cv shafts do just bolt up to it..
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

My other ride.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My other ride....   My other ride.... EmptyAugust 18th 2009, 12:50 am

there you go! pull the CV shafts, cut the 'bubbles' off, flip the balljoints and throw on some 2wd spindles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My other ride.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My other ride....   My other ride.... Empty

Back to top Go down

My other ride....
Page 1 of 1