Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

4x4 S-10 Motor Mounts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fourtrax
Fourtrax

4x4 S-10 Motor Mounts Empty
PostSubject: 4x4 S-10 Motor Mounts   4x4 S-10 Motor Mounts EmptySeptember 29th 2009, 2:12 pm

Has anyone else had trouble with breaking the drivers side motor mount.. repeatedly? I recently replaced mine for the 2nd time in less than a year on my 97. If you have never had the joy of doing this.. its a real PITA. Evil or Very Mad First replacement came from Napa and was still under warranty but I just got a refund and got one from Car Quest this time. The truck is mostly highway driven, to and from work, sometimes pull a small trailer nothing extreme. I have been known to have a lead foot, but I've NEVER had a problem with breaking motor mounts not even in my Firebird which gets abused very often.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: 4x4 S-10 Motor Mounts   4x4 S-10 Motor Mounts EmptySeptember 29th 2009, 2:25 pm

do your self a favor and get the pollyurathan drivers mount or go with a solid mount on that side. its a problem on them all.. most people dont change it but if your anal like me you do... lol.. after the second time mine went bad i switched to the poly mount.. that went bad so i went with the solid mount.. any clamshell style 350 mount will work... they are the same mounting points and all.. if your motor is fairly stock youll be alright with the poly mount.. mine is far from stock and with the adition of an up and coming procharger i needed a solid mount on that side.. ill be testing the 500 hp marker in my little v6.. lol
Back to top Go down
Fourtrax
Fourtrax

PostSubject: Re: 4x4 S-10 Motor Mounts   4x4 S-10 Motor Mounts EmptySeptember 29th 2009, 2:31 pm

HOLY SMOKES! 500HP! Shocked Thats crazy. Yeah my truck is BONE STOCK under the hood except for a drop in K&N. So I guess I'll wait for this one to go out and then get a Poly mount. Does Energy Suspension make it or is there somewhere you recommend getting it from? I really REALLY do not want to change this any more times than I have to as it causes my arm to bend in directions it shouldn't bend. Suspect And yes I can not sleep at night knowing that something is broken on my truck that can be fixed. LOL
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: 4x4 S-10 Motor Mounts   4x4 S-10 Motor Mounts EmptySeptember 29th 2009, 3:04 pm

yeah energy suspension makes them... i think i got mine off summit... i have all the supporting mods done already to support the supercharger and when i say i have atleast 5500 in my motor already i wouldnt lie... the proharger is another 2500 then with the tranny that im rebuilding now to support the power easily i have 10k under my hood.. lol.. then with all the broken parts and 2 accidents my truck has been in in the last 2 years... i should have bought a corvette or something.. haha.. but then again.. what would i wheel in... check out the link in my sig.. its a little preview of what a blazer/s10 can do in the mud.. haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4x4 S-10 Motor Mounts   4x4 S-10 Motor Mounts Empty

Back to top Go down

4x4 S-10 Motor Mounts
Page 1 of 1