Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware

Go down 
+3
FaselZ71
76silverado
merlin5577
7 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware Empty
PostSubject: With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware   With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware EmptySeptember 24th 2009, 12:04 pm

Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware   With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware EmptySeptember 24th 2009, 9:35 pm

Really, why do people even buy chinese stuff?
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware   With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware EmptySeptember 24th 2009, 10:26 pm

Its cheap, and most people are cheap.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware   With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware EmptySeptember 24th 2009, 11:09 pm

I only buy american made tires! If it says made in china I look away! I love interco tires!!! MADE IN THE U.S.A.!!!! There ain't no kuhmo's in haukaloogie's in my household!!!
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware   With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware EmptySeptember 25th 2009, 12:25 am

SouthernDawg09 wrote:
I just remember that you get what you paid for lol

Not always.

I prefer Good Year, BF Goodrich, Michelin, and Firestone. Sometimes Uniroyal.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware   With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware EmptySeptember 25th 2009, 5:38 pm

i have ran a number of these cheap chinese tires.... not on my personal rides, but on the mine pickups as well as the big equipment...... one brand in particular is Rintal.... they supplied me with a set of 18.00r33. for a water truck.... they cost the company 950$ and they ran for a good 1500 hours..... after the big tire shortage was over, i was able to get a set of generals, U.S. company, made in a factory in china, cost 3500$ a piece(theres 6 on it) they now have 4000 hours and still have 55\32nds left on them........ the chinese tire importing really got started a few years back, when it was nearly impossible to get the big tier1 brands.... i wont ever run the actual chinese brands, rintal, piniki, or any of those, but i might run a set of kumhos.... they are actually a decent tire, for the price you pay. they are in most cases a little out of round, and kinda hard to get to balanced, but most of their passenger car tires come with a 60,000-80,000 mile manufacturer defect warranty.....
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware   With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware EmptySeptember 25th 2009, 5:44 pm

i am however with you fellas, ill stick with goodyear, bfgoodrich, generals, coopers, bridgestone, firestone, interco, toyo, yokohama, you know, the big tire companies, that all have more tire factories overseas than in the united states, where labor is cheap...... this article als reminds me, be careful of the bearings you buy.... there is an influx of cheap and low quality chinese bearings coming to the states...... if it were me, i am only buying bearings that have Timkin OR SKF stamped on them......... be careful, and mostly, price does matter.... if it seems like an unbelivably good deal, it probably is.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware   With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware EmptySeptember 25th 2009, 11:16 pm

Dont get me wrong, a Michelin tire made in China will be the same as a Michelin tire made in North Carolina, but the chinese brand tires are just scary.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware   With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware EmptySeptember 25th 2009, 11:41 pm

oh, i fully agree.... as a tire guy that has seen many different tires come apart, of many brands, i would not run a off name chinese tires on a personal ride.... when we ran sumitomo on the pickups at the phosphate mine, we were paying 45$ for a 245/75r16 tire of those sumitomos, 6 of 10 would have a seperation in the tread face, only 3/32s of wear on them....... we have since gone and started running unisteel p971 tires built by goodyear..... after that, i wont run a cheap aftermarket tire on anything.
Back to top Go down
semocoachworks
Valued Member
Valued Member
semocoachworks

PostSubject: Re: With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware   With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware EmptySeptember 26th 2009, 12:02 am

They got all our steel now were importing there tires too, go figure.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware   With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware EmptyOctober 25th 2009, 9:40 pm

Hey cant be any worse than a Taiwan tire right? lol!
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware   With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware EmptyNovember 4th 2009, 11:18 pm

actually, the tiawan tires are on the same level..... huge FLOP!!!!! the japanese tires are okay, but the big names are alright..... oh, and i just met a john boggs from topeka kansas who works at the goodyear OTR tire plant there..... i was in training with him for the last 3 days.... any relation there johnboggs????
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware   With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware EmptyNovember 5th 2009, 9:58 am

haha that's funny!! Here in my town there's 2 Kayla Fasels one is my wife and the other is no relation what so ever!! It's wierd the was a confusion at the video store there was also a mix up at the local walkin clinic they tried to bill the wrong insurance and one day at the bank there was an extra $200 in her account! It was nice because we pointed it out to the teller and she said there was no other kayla fasel at that bank so merry X-mas enjoy that money because it'll probably never happen again!!
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware   With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware EmptyNovember 8th 2009, 12:07 pm

In the town I live in, there are 3 Brandon Battys........... we were all in the same grade in school, so it was easy to dodge trouble
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware   With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware EmptyNovember 8th 2009, 8:10 pm

batty1214 wrote:
actually, the tiawan tires are on the same level..... huge FLOP!!!!! the japanese tires are okay, but the big names are alright..... oh, and i just met a john boggs from topeka kansas who works at the goodyear OTR tire plant there..... i was in training with him for the last 3 days.... any relation there johnboggs????

Probly not, but ya never know lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware   With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware Empty

Back to top Go down

With Chinese tires, it's buyer beware
Page 1 of 1