Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

tires and lift kit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

tires and lift kit Empty
PostSubject: tires and lift kit   tires and lift kit EmptyJuly 10th 2011, 11:46 pm

Hey you all its been awhile since i posted. I been workin on my 85 Chevy. I traded my 68 Bel Air for a parts truck. Well anyway im puttin a 4 ich suspension lift on my 85 along with 35X12.50X15s. Will they be too big?
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

tires and lift kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: tires and lift kit   tires and lift kit EmptyJuly 11th 2011, 1:32 am

i dont think theyll be too big, my dad ran 36.5x14.5's on my 78 forever with only an add a leave in the front and minor fender trimming. now im running 36 12.50's on 10 inch rims with absolutley no rubbing. i think 35's on a 4 inch lift will be just fine.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

tires and lift kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: tires and lift kit   tires and lift kit EmptyJuly 11th 2011, 9:55 am

I think it's gonna look good
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

tires and lift kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: tires and lift kit   tires and lift kit EmptyJuly 11th 2011, 9:29 pm

Thanks guys. I got another ? do all T cases hook up to Chevy trannys no matter which one? I got A 700R4 with a T case and a 350 with a 205. Idk wat the 700r4 has but the tranny needs rebuilts. Can I use the 205 tranny on the 700?
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

tires and lift kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: tires and lift kit   tires and lift kit EmptyJuly 12th 2011, 2:01 pm

you just gotta see what the splines are.. some are 27 and others are 31..
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

tires and lift kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: tires and lift kit   tires and lift kit EmptyOctober 3rd 2011, 11:21 pm

Ok guys, Im thinking about putting a 400 turbo in the 85. but i wan touse the T case that came in the truck not my extra 205. The 700R4 i got is a long shaft and the 350 i got is a short shaft. Do they make a 400 long shaft? can i even use the T case that came in the 85 on a 400?
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

tires and lift kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: tires and lift kit   tires and lift kit EmptyOctober 8th 2011, 6:21 pm

its all about trial and error.. bench fit everything before you put it in the truck. if the splines match and are the same lenght shaft then youll be golden.. if not then youll be pulling trannies apart to make one that works..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

tires and lift kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: tires and lift kit   tires and lift kit Empty

Back to top Go down

tires and lift kit
Page 1 of 1