Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Valvoline Engine Guarantee?

Go down 
+3
76silverado
Junior3382
merlin5577
7 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Valvoline Engine Guarantee? Empty
PostSubject: Valvoline Engine Guarantee?   Valvoline Engine Guarantee? EmptyAugust 12th 2009, 12:13 pm

Valvoline claims to warranty your engine to 300,000 miles if you use only their oil and start before 75,000 miles. What do you guys think?

http://www.engineguarantee.com/
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: Valvoline Engine Guarantee?   Valvoline Engine Guarantee? EmptyAugust 12th 2009, 2:55 pm

I think that they should have bought me a new enginf for my Blazer then. I saw that on TV not to long ago.... all I ever used, (until this truck) was valvoline oil, full synthetic, and that motor blew up six times! HAHAHAHAH
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytrucksource.com
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: Valvoline Engine Guarantee?   Valvoline Engine Guarantee? EmptyAugust 23rd 2009, 10:36 pm

Dang son!
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Valvoline Engine Guarantee?   Valvoline Engine Guarantee? EmptyAugust 23rd 2009, 10:39 pm

how hard were YOU pushing it? hahahah
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: Valvoline Engine Guarantee?   Valvoline Engine Guarantee? EmptyAugust 23rd 2009, 10:50 pm

Thats the sad part, I never once abused that engine... it was justa raw deal.... GM and that 4.3l has not been friend the last two or three years or so! HAHAHA....

Okay, the actual story....

The first motor blew without warning middle of the freeway. Towed to the shop, covered under warranty. They installed motor two, started it, blew it, done. Then removed it and installed motor three and it never turned over. Then installed motor number four, did not realize that when THEY set it down, the oil pan cracked and slowly drained the oil. They let it run for two hours, then bam, it blew again. Fifth motor ran good. They drove it for two whole days running all their errands. I cam in, started it, drove it to the end of the driveway and boom, dead again. And seriously, I am not even embelishing this! I was without that stupid SUV for over four months! But motor six was the right fit appearently and it ran for almost eight months, up until the darn tranny blew! HAHAHA... THEN, trying to get it home, motor number six blew again! HAHAHAHA.... so this is the real reason and story as to why I bought a FORD... and since day one, I have had a total of ZERO mechanical issues!

Some members know this story, but for those who don't there it is... why i made the comment I did...LOL
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Valvoline Engine Guarantee?   Valvoline Engine Guarantee? EmptyAugust 23rd 2009, 11:10 pm

something tells me that dealership didn't know what they were doing.. AT ALL lmao

and once again, ford FTW! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: Valvoline Engine Guarantee?   Valvoline Engine Guarantee? EmptyAugust 23rd 2009, 11:13 pm

Hands down. They had NO clue. I asked them over and over to simply LET ME DO IT! LMAO.... but you know what they say right? You get what you pay for, and free has its cost! LMAO
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Valvoline Engine Guarantee?   Valvoline Engine Guarantee? EmptyAugust 23rd 2009, 11:50 pm

Junior, +1. I'll never own another 4.3L.

Merlin, if your new truck meets the qualifications, go for it. It's a pretty strict schedule ( make SURE you read the terms and conditions, and you'll see what I mean) and if something does happen, count on being out a truck for a while, as they do "testing" to determine the cause.

Can't go wrong with Mobile 1. 30+ year proven track record.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Valvoline Engine Guarantee?   Valvoline Engine Guarantee? EmptyAugust 24th 2009, 12:58 pm

1993GMCSierra wrote:
Merlin, if your new truck meets the qualifications, go for it. It's a pretty strict schedule ( make SURE you read the terms and conditions, and you'll see what I mean) and if something does happen, count on being out a truck for a while, as they do "testing" to determine the cause.

Can't go wrong with Mobile 1. 30+ year proven track record.

Laughing Yeah, right. None of my trucks come close to qualifying. Too many miles.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Valvoline Engine Guarantee?   Valvoline Engine Guarantee? EmptyAugust 24th 2009, 1:37 pm

i wonder if they would do it since my motor has been replaced.... i know it has was less then 75k... i only put 19k on it since the rebuild...
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Valvoline Engine Guarantee?   Valvoline Engine Guarantee? EmptyAugust 24th 2009, 1:44 pm

Highly doubt it!! But like 93 said(he has told me his name a number of times and I can't ever seem to get it to stick lol) however like he said the terms and conditions of any sort of reimburstment by a company is extremely stringent and nearly impossible to finally get the results promised!!
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Valvoline Engine Guarantee?   Valvoline Engine Guarantee? EmptyAugust 24th 2009, 1:47 pm

can i get an..... OH BILLy... haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valvoline Engine Guarantee?   Valvoline Engine Guarantee? Empty

Back to top Go down

Valvoline Engine Guarantee?
Page 1 of 1