Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked Empty
PostSubject: Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked   Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked EmptySeptember 4th 2009, 12:06 am

Quote :
Edmunds is reporting that their sources say that Ford's all-new 6.7-liter Power Stroke V-8 turbocharged diesel will crank out final power ratings of 400 horsepower and 725 pounds-feet of torque. That's up considerably from today's 6.4-liter PSD that's rated at 350 hp and 650 lbs.-ft. of torque.

We'd say that's amazingly close to the "more than 390 horsepower and 720 pounds-feet of torque" numbers that we told you about in July 2008, when Ford's in-house team was still tweaking with the Scorpion motor's final output figures.

And we'll add this little nugget of information from our sources: No production decision has been made but we're told that there are several Ford F-150 engineering mules running with Scorpion Power Stroke motors under their hoods. It's possible that Ford's light-duty diesel program could wake from hibernation as a way to help recoup the massive investment made in the program.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked   Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked EmptySeptember 30th 2009, 4:48 pm

Sure would be nice to see a bunch of half ton pickups with diesels. I know their were some guys putting 4 cylinder tractor diesels in f150s and getting 40+ mpg.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked   Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked EmptySeptember 30th 2009, 7:59 pm

I really hope all of the big three come out with 1/2 ton diesels.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked   Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked EmptySeptember 30th 2009, 9:42 pm

I can get about 20 with my old diesel. They should easily get 35-40 with a newer more efficient engine in a lighter truck. My truck weighs about 6000 lbs empty.

Another thing taht i think would help is if they had more gears in the trucks. The only way i get 20 mpg with my truck is the fact its got OD and 3.55 gears in the rearend. Id be able to do alot better if i had one or two more gears. She turns at about 1500 rpms at 60. If i could get it down to 1000 rpms at 60 it would help quite a bit I think.........
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked   Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked EmptyOctober 1st 2009, 12:19 pm

There biggest hurdle is going to be emissions. Our emissions standards dont take fuel economy (C02) into effect when compared to the other pollutants.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked   Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked EmptyOctober 1st 2009, 8:52 pm

Yeah but until our ozone repaires itself and we go into the next ice age we are gonna hear about emissions! And I doubt we'll ever see that day!
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked   Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked EmptyOctober 2nd 2009, 7:02 am

merlin5577 wrote:
There biggest hurdle is going to be emissions. Our emissions standards dont take fuel economy (C02) into effect when compared to the other pollutants.

all this emissions crap drives down your fuel mileage, which means using more fuel. Kinda working against themselves aint they?
Our county just bought a bunch of new plow trucks, but they cant hardly afford to use them because they get 1.5mpg...............so you see all the old beaters running around still gettin the job done.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked   Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked EmptyOctober 2nd 2009, 11:58 am

johnboggs21 wrote:
merlin5577 wrote:

all this emissions crap drives down your fuel mileage, which means using more fuel. Kinda working against themselves aint they?
Our county just bought a bunch of new plow trucks, but they cant hardly afford to use them because they get 1.5mpg...............so you see all the old beaters running around still gettin the job done.

I absolutely agree. Our emissions standards dont take fuel economy (C02) into effect when compared to the other pollutants. From the governments eyes who cares if it gets twice the fuel economy, it smokes! We have to stop that! So now they dont smoke and worse fuel economy then a gas truck would.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked   Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked Empty

Back to top Go down

Ford 6.7-liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Ratings Leaked
Page 1 of 1