Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

FS: Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

FS:  Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio Empty
PostSubject: FS: Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio   FS:  Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio EmptySeptember 3rd 2009, 7:09 pm

I had this hooked up in the 1993 (old one) for probably 7 years. Dad bought it new in the early 90's, I think, before he got (Don't know what they are called) installed in all the trucks so everyone could communicate back and forth.

FS:  Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio 9-03-09001
FS:  Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio 9-03-09002 FS:  Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio 9-03-09003

It's a Cobra 19 LTD II. It's a 40 channel, it looks nice, and it's compact. Now. IT worked fine until last year, when something happened to the red truck, and it popped all three fuses in the B+ line of the radio. I never replaced the fuses.

What I DID do, was cut out 2 of the 3 fuses ( You don't need three fuses for a CB, that's just stupid) and soldered the wires together, then covered them up, so there is no shock hazard. The fuse in the part that you stick in the ashtray is still blown, (2 amp tube fuse) but I stuck a paper clip in it and bypassed it, works fine. Radio still receives, sends out, picks up truckers, etc.

It comes with a 9.5 ft Coax. cable, and the CB, and the microphone. Oh, and a blown 2 amp fuse Wink

I'm asking $15.00 + shipping (won't be much, fits in a flat rate priority box) as is,

Or, $10.00+ shipping, if you don't want the Coax.

Like I said, it works. Replace the fuse, and you'll be golden.

Any questions, PM me, or post here.

The radio that it is sitting on is also for sale for FMV. $1,850.00 cash or money order, if interested.
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: FS: Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio   FS:  Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio EmptySeptember 3rd 2009, 9:01 pm

Gotta antenna?
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: FS: Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio   FS:  Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio EmptySeptember 3rd 2009, 9:15 pm

The shipping rate would ballon significantly.

No, I sold the antenna last year.
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: FS: Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio   FS:  Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio EmptySeptember 4th 2009, 4:27 pm

No one? Really?

Big things come in small packages...
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: FS: Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio   FS:  Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio EmptySeptember 4th 2009, 4:30 pm

Where would someone buy an antennae for that, and how much would it cost?
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: FS: Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio   FS:  Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio EmptySeptember 4th 2009, 8:26 pm

Any CB radio antenna would work for it. All you need to do is run a Coax from the antenna in the cab, to the back of the radio, like any other CB.

Antennas are under $20.00. The cheapest ones start at $10.00, IIRC.
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: FS: Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio   FS:  Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 4:53 pm

Bump. It's in a flat rate box ready to go..
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: FS: Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio   FS:  Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 7:52 pm

antennas are easy to find, you can even get them at walmart! but a nice 6ft fiberglass whip would work nicely with a cobra like that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FS: Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio   FS:  Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio Empty

Back to top Go down

FS: Cobra 40 Channel CB Radio
Page 1 of 1