Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Heater not working on 2000 Silverado

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chevy2000

chevy2000

Heater not working on 2000 Silverado Empty
PostSubject: Heater not working on 2000 Silverado   Heater not working on 2000 Silverado EmptySeptember 27th 2012, 1:31 pm

I tried turning on the heater in my 2000 Silverado 1500 (5.3) and it just blew out cold air. The temp gauge was running normal (about 190) and the antifreeze is full. With winter right around the corner, I want to try fixing it soon. Not sure where to start though. Any ideas? Thanks
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Heater not working on 2000 Silverado   Heater not working on 2000 Silverado EmptyNovember 3rd 2012, 1:36 am

id look for a broken vacuum line going through the firewall first. can you hear the blend door moving. if so you might want to flush your heater core.. specially if it still have dexcool in it. orange coolant..
Back to top Go down
chevy2000

chevy2000

PostSubject: Re: Heater not working on 2000 Silverado   Heater not working on 2000 Silverado EmptyNovember 3rd 2012, 10:15 am

I back-flushed the heater core and it fixed the problem, easy and cheap fix. Thanks for the help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heater not working on 2000 Silverado   Heater not working on 2000 Silverado Empty

Back to top Go down

Heater not working on 2000 Silverado
Page 1 of 1