Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Latest upgrade to my Silverado.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Latest upgrade to my Silverado. Empty
PostSubject: Latest upgrade to my Silverado.   Latest upgrade to my Silverado. EmptyOctober 17th 2010, 7:22 pm

For those of you that dont know this, it may surprise you, but I hate the gold bowtie Chevy insists on putting on every truck. They're just so... UGLY! When I first bought my truck, I ditched the gold one in the grill and swapped in a chrome one;

Latest upgrade to my Silverado. Bowtie10

Today, I came one step closer to ridding my truck of the other 7.

Before;
Latest upgrade to my Silverado. Photo-10
Latest upgrade to my Silverado. Photo-11

And after;
Latest upgrade to my Silverado. Photo-12
Latest upgrade to my Silverado. Photo-13

I want to send a big THANK YOU to Josh (bombdocdiesel) for the new parts!

Now I only have 3 bowties left to get rid of... Laughing

So, what do you think?

Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Latest upgrade to my Silverado.   Latest upgrade to my Silverado. EmptyOctober 17th 2010, 9:46 pm

That looks awesome !!! Where did he get those?
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Latest upgrade to my Silverado.   Latest upgrade to my Silverado. EmptyOctober 17th 2010, 10:29 pm

Thank you! I thought so too! And the best part is, they're all aluminum! No more plastic.

I have no idea. I sent him an e-mail with a link to this thread, hopefully he will sign on soon and share some info.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Latest upgrade to my Silverado.   Latest upgrade to my Silverado. EmptyOctober 17th 2010, 10:36 pm

Ah rite on I'd like to loose some of my GOLD BOW TIES too
The wheels and tail gate is just a little too much. Those centre caps look great.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Latest upgrade to my Silverado.   Latest upgrade to my Silverado. EmptyOctober 17th 2010, 10:44 pm

Stylingconcepts.com carries the chrome bowtie I used in my grill.

Woo Hoo! I'm not alone! I only have three more bowties to get rid of and i'm home free! Laughing You should be happy Glenn, at least you dont have two on your doors to contend with as well.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Latest upgrade to my Silverado.   Latest upgrade to my Silverado. EmptyOctober 17th 2010, 11:08 pm

nice wheel covers, im not a big bowtie fan either LOL
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Latest upgrade to my Silverado.   Latest upgrade to my Silverado. EmptyOctober 17th 2010, 11:45 pm

looks great!! every chevy i own has gotten debadged or i paint the bowties black.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Latest upgrade to my Silverado.   Latest upgrade to my Silverado. EmptyOctober 18th 2010, 9:14 am

johnboggs21 wrote:
nice wheel covers, im not a big bowtie fan either LOL
Ohhh This statement Soooo needs to be altered too LOL
But I won't Very Happy
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Latest upgrade to my Silverado.   Latest upgrade to my Silverado. EmptyOctober 18th 2010, 11:59 am

007jimmy wrote:
looks great!! every chevy i own has gotten debadged or i paint the bowties black.

Thanks Joe. I dont mind it having badges or bowties. I just hate the cheesy gold bowties. Reminds me of an 80's white trash Cadillac. If GM had made them chrome or silver, I would have no problem leaving them on the truck.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Latest upgrade to my Silverado.   Latest upgrade to my Silverado. EmptyOctober 18th 2010, 8:41 pm

I've never been a big fan of the gold either! I thought it was a personal peeve... Aparently not! lol!! I however am a huge fan of the carbon fiber looking bowtie. Which when the Z71 is worth stickly little tiny things like that on I'll be branding it with the carbon fiber bowties.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Latest upgrade to my Silverado.   Latest upgrade to my Silverado. EmptyOctober 18th 2010, 9:00 pm

CARBON FIBER Bowties??? WHERE ??? I want a couple..
I have a carbon fiber dash. I think a couple of CF bowties would be cool for my truck Very Happy

https://2img.net/h/i87.photobucket.com/albums/k135/gt_ironman/IMG_0281-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Latest upgrade to my Silverado.   Latest upgrade to my Silverado. EmptyOctober 18th 2010, 9:07 pm

Heck yeah! Fasel, do you have any pictures of those?

And Glenn, what happened to your steering wheel? Looks like you have another one to get rid of. Laughing
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Latest upgrade to my Silverado.   Latest upgrade to my Silverado. EmptyOctober 18th 2010, 9:13 pm

Latest upgrade to my Silverado. 50530110

I've seen them on more then one Chevy 2500 HD at the local dealership. I'm sure the GM dealership will know where to get them.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Latest upgrade to my Silverado.   Latest upgrade to my Silverado. EmptyOctober 18th 2010, 9:16 pm

merlin5577 wrote:
Heck yeah! Fasel, do you have any pictures of those?

And Glenn, what happened to your steering wheel? Looks like you have another one to get rid of. Laughing

LOL Yeah that is the first to go, or to get replaced with a Carbon Fiber one.
I guess the previous owner thought the horn was in the middle of the wheel Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Latest upgrade to my Silverado.   Latest upgrade to my Silverado. EmptyOctober 18th 2010, 9:24 pm

I hindsight, I dont think it was a good idea to clean the new center caps before I installed them. They make my wheels look N A S T Y. Laughing
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Latest upgrade to my Silverado.   Latest upgrade to my Silverado. EmptyOctober 18th 2010, 9:32 pm

HaHaHa One thing leads to another... Maybe the hole truck will end up shining Cool
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Latest upgrade to my Silverado.   Latest upgrade to my Silverado. EmptyOctober 19th 2010, 11:51 am

whats a clean truck? i cleaned the windows on the dodge tow pig yesterday and man what a difference.. i almost forgot what oncoming headlights looked like.. all i saw anymore was a big bright glare and i swearved out of the way.. lmao..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest upgrade to my Silverado.   Latest upgrade to my Silverado. Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest upgrade to my Silverado.
Page 1 of 1