Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

my next build?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
007jimmy
007jimmy

my next build?  Empty
PostSubject: my next build?    my next build?  EmptyJanuary 18th 2011, 9:31 pm

ok so with the c10 basically in its final stages i have been thinking alot about what im gonna do next. i really really really want another trail truck but one that was alot more capable then my jimmy ever was so i got to searching some of the 4x4 forums.. i keep stumbling on one type of build in general that really catches my eye. its an s10 truggy. the more and more i see them the more i want to build one. they look sick and seem to perform just as well.. s10 cab are a dime a dozen around me and i already have an engine to slap in one (stock 5.3 that i was gonna put in the lil red s10 i had) and i have dodge dana 60s i picked up for the 85k10 plow truck that went to crap and i sold so really i need a cab and then someone to do the tubework. a freind of mine does circle track racing and builds his own rollcages and stuff and already said he would do the cage for the c10 so i got to talkin to him about the truggy and he is in come spring. anyways.. heres my insperation.. i know you have seen this truck brian.. lol..

my next build?  P1000310
my next build?  Dsc05310
my next build?  P1000410
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

my next build?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my next build?    my next build?  EmptyJanuary 19th 2011, 12:35 am

I say, GO FOR IT!!!! And when your done, I will be right there behind you ont the trails so you can pull me along with you! LMAO

Want a donor truck? its not an S10, but since you have to basically just use a body and the rest is fab, i may have something for ya.... let me know....
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytrucksource.com
In2Trux
In2Trux

my next build?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my next build?    my next build?  EmptyJanuary 19th 2011, 9:43 am

THAT"S AWESOME joe
I know a guy up here building the very same rig. His is a Little Mazda.
And he managed to keep it street legal.
http://sudburyjeep.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=pics&action=display&thread=9122
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

my next build?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my next build?    my next build?  EmptyJanuary 19th 2011, 1:28 pm

what body do you have in mind junior? i have also been looking at 4 dr blazer builds so i can pile a few people in and have a good ole time.. lol
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

my next build?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my next build?    my next build?  EmptyJanuary 19th 2011, 11:12 pm

an early 90's Dodge Dakota 2wd long bed.... fresh out of comission by our service department and soon to be found in my "junk" row.....lol
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

my next build?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my next build?    my next build?  EmptyJanuary 20th 2011, 12:22 pm

is it this body style..
my next build?  Dd392a84

yes thats out front of my house about 3 mins ago.. its my buddy daves truck and he was just picking it up after i put exhuast, intake and an msd setup on it.. its a 99 dakota r/t 5.9. i lowered it a little a couple months ago. it sits really nice and is a weird purple color from the factory. its the only r/t in that color made so its pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

my next build?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my next build?    my next build?  EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 5:17 pm

That's a 97-04 body style. Junior said early 90's, so probably this body style:

my next build?  1991-1996-dodge-dakota
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

my next build?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my next build?    my next build?  EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 9:58 pm

Actually, I was wrong on the year, it is a 1987 Dodge Dakota. 247,000 miles. Our old parts truck. I don't have a picture though, sorry....LOL....
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

my next build?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my next build?    my next build?  EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 10:45 pm

im looking for something round so i can make a sick exocage for it. im to tall to have the cage inside the cab. lol
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

my next build?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my next build?    my next build?  EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 10:58 pm

You can do that with anything..... OR, you caould just build one that is only an ExOcage! LOL.... no body! Would be lighter an 100% custom.....
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

my next build?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my next build?    my next build?  EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 11:05 pm

i thought about that but i want something to keep the elements out so i can bring one or both the kiddies along if i choose.. plus i could make the thing street legal if i wanted to as well.. lol
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

my next build?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my next build?    my next build?  EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 11:12 pm

sounds to me like you need THREE trucks...lol... a toy, a toy hauler and a monster! LMAO.... That one you have in the picure is not, and could never be, street legal... so if you were looking to SAS an S10, use to the off-road extreme but still remain street legal... you would need to do something more like

this....

my next build?  Photo110

This....

my next build?  Test_r10

Or my personal favorite... THIS.....

my next build?  Wow05010

Even thogh those are even still pushing it...lol... the first one would probably fly in PA, but the other two... you would need to "know Somebody"! LOL
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

my next build?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my next build?    my next build?  EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 11:22 pm

i do know somebody.. myself.. lol.. i have had my inspection license since i got out of school just no where to do inspections.. now that i have made a name for myself i have 3 places i can go and fill out the paperwork and slap my stickers on.. 2 of them are meineke's and the other is a little mom and pop place a friend of mine works at.. how do you think i get some of the cars that i build to pass emmissions.. lol. i could do a truggy like the one i like and make it so i can bolt the bedsides on using speed clips.. then when i wanna go out of a trail i can use a quarter and take the besides off.. as long as the lights work and everyhting looks legit i can get away with pretty much anything..
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

my next build?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my next build?    my next build?  EmptyJanuary 23rd 2011, 1:12 am

major change in plans.. im no longer going with an s10.. im gonna build another blazer but im going all out on it this time.. full trail running gear, exo cage, orv doors, solid axle swap, maybe 4 link front and rear... etc.. its gonnna bee sexxy..
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

my next build?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my next build?    my next build?  EmptyJanuary 23rd 2011, 9:27 am

FS blazer or one like the Jimmy?
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

my next build?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my next build?    my next build?  EmptyJanuary 23rd 2011, 9:36 am

s10 blazer like my jimmy but way over the top... maybe even topless.. lol..
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

my next build?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my next build?    my next build?  EmptyJanuary 23rd 2011, 6:29 pm

Very nice plan joe!!! I love the truggies!! OOO... they make me all tiggly inside!! To bad I was there I wip you up a wicked butt exocage! I love welding tube frames!! Get some DOM or save some money and go with Sch. 80 heavy wall. Man I'm getting excited about this build it's nice to see something custom come outta here! hahaha No offense guys but without me being able to do anything to my truck and all of the trucks in my area are fixed up and tucked in for the winter waiting for Feb. 19th. I was beginning to get bored. If you have an Iphone they have a sweet right angle triangle calculator for your phone that works perfect for calculating link bars and crap. I can't wait for this!!!!
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

my next build?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my next build?    my next build?  EmptyJanuary 23rd 2011, 9:47 pm

i do have an iphone.. whats the name of the app? im pretty good with geometry but its always good to have a backup calculator.. i was gonna go with the s10 truggy but the more i thought about it the more a blazer seemed more practical. dont get me wrong its gonna be a purpose built trail rig but taking it to an occasional car meet or carshow isnt gonna be out of the question.

im picking up a 99 2dr gmc jimmy within the next week off my boy. he is getting a pickup truck with his income tax return and i have hooked him up more then enough times so he said he has no problems giving me his jimmy. i do all the maintance on his and his wifes vehicles for booze and last year he bought a run down beat up house that we gutted and remodeled and i never asked him for anything. guess its karma's way of returning the favor..

im putting a 5.3 LS in it but im keeping it basically stock because 350 hp was plenty in the jizzer and the 5.3 should push the same if not more with the headers, intake and programing.

brian what would be the best transfer case to run behind the 4l60e.. i think the output shaft is a 27 spline. im gonna try to run the 42s i have for now but ill probley go with some boggers in due time. right now im just using what i have available since i wanna put most of my money into the axles and suspension. i was doing a little research and the dana 60s i have out of the dodge seem to be a little wider then i wanna be at so do you think i should go with something else?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my next build?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my next build?    my next build?  Empty

Back to top Go down

my next build?
Page 1 of 1