Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Your Safety Check and Day Inspection

Go down 
+2
007jimmy
In2Trux
6 posters
AuthorMessage
In2Trux
In2Trux

Your Safety Check and Day Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Your Safety Check and Day Inspection   Your Safety Check and Day Inspection EmptyJanuary 18th 2011, 10:16 am

Some people just seem to NOT care.
They drive around with burnt out lights and low tire pressures.

Maybe it's my truck driving back ground or simply that I'm a truck guy.

I think it's just good practice to do a exterior walk around.
Look for any new damage done to your truck while you were gone. Visually check your tires, check your cargo (if any) Check that nothing has rolled under your truck, or no toddlers are playing near or behind your truck.

I like to perform a weekly light check. I don't put a hole lot of faith in my DIC so I like to perform this check myself.
It's rather difficult to do by yourself. So when the opportunity rises, I take advantage of it.
When I pull up to a confectionery store window, or any store front window. I can do my head light check. Driving light, High Beam lights L and R signals and the fog lights.
Tail lights can easily be checked at night, while backed against a wall or your garage door using your exterior rear view mirrors.

Don't forget gang, It's YOUR responsibility to keep your ride safe.

I think it goes without saying we do care and we are doing are part.

If you didn't care? You probably wouldn't have read this hole thread, and you probably wouldn't have signed up to be a member of this forum.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Your Safety Check and Day Inspection   Your Safety Check and Day Inspection EmptyJanuary 18th 2011, 10:55 am

that last part was good.. i do my part in checking lights and such. im the type of person that if i see an older lady or hot momma that has a light out ill roll down the window and mention it to them. usually if its a guy i wont bother because most of the time you just get a thanks with a flip of the bird. lol..
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Your Safety Check and Day Inspection   Your Safety Check and Day Inspection EmptyJanuary 20th 2011, 10:08 am

I think the thing that annoys me the most is when you tell somebody they have a light out or one of your tires is low... They reply by saying "I know" Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Your Safety Check and Day Inspection   Your Safety Check and Day Inspection EmptyJanuary 20th 2011, 11:51 am

Some people are just lazy, or stupid. How hard is it to do a quick walk around when filling up the tank? Once a month, check the tire pressures and fluid levels, and the world would be a safer place.
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: Your Safety Check and Day Inspection   Your Safety Check and Day Inspection EmptyJanuary 21st 2011, 4:01 pm

haha. my front right blinker is still out. if it was the back i'd worry more. its been out fer a week. but other than that i feel the same way. this guy was goin down my road with a flat and ended up driving in the grass cause it was just rim. he just kept on truckin in the ditch. he had Louisiana plates so go figure.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Your Safety Check and Day Inspection   Your Safety Check and Day Inspection EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 10:40 am

merlin5577 wrote:
Some people are just lazy, or stupid. How hard is it to do a quick walk around when filling up the tank? Once a month, check the tire pressures and fluid levels, and the world would be a safer place.

I remember the days when I use to be able to do that LOL. I mean, while pumping fuel and being able to do a walk around or clean my windshield.
We can't do that any more up here.
When pumping fuel we are Not allowed to leave the pump unattended. The trigger locks on the automatic nozzles have been removed.
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: Your Safety Check and Day Inspection   Your Safety Check and Day Inspection EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 2:08 pm

In2Trux wrote:
The trigger locks on the automatic nozzles have been removed.

that sucks. some here are broken or maybe removed. i hate having to hold the darn thing.
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

PostSubject: Re: Your Safety Check and Day Inspection   Your Safety Check and Day Inspection EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 5:03 pm

I got to replace two very small bulbs on my truck, but I keep forgetting (one that is part of the turn signal in the front, and one license plate bulb. I did a repair job on my drivers side rear mudflap today to keep that one from falling off (lost my passenger side, but luckily it was in my driveway, lol). Everything else checks out good, though.

I do a check on everything every time I drive my truck. It's easier to do the lights in the wintertime since it's always dark in the mornings, and I check my oil daily when I'm waiting for everybody else to show up to work. Never know when you'll spring a leak Wink
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Your Safety Check and Day Inspection   Your Safety Check and Day Inspection EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 10:36 pm

doc_auto wrote:
In2Trux wrote:

that sucks. some here are broken or maybe removed. i hate having to hold the darn thing.

The old 'jam the filler cap in the handle' trick comes to mind. Not that I would ever do so and break a MA law. Wink
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Your Safety Check and Day Inspection   Your Safety Check and Day Inspection EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 10:56 pm

merlin5577 wrote:
doc_auto wrote:
In2Trux wrote:

The old 'jam the filler cap in the handle' trick comes to mind. Not that I would ever do so and break a MA law. Wink

i do that when i pull up to a pump and find the trigger lock broken.. we are still allowed to pump and then pay so i usually start the pump and then go inside and get what i need and then pay when i see the pump stop.. i only fill up at one place and its a sunoco right by my house.. if i strapped for cash that day they let me fill out a credit slip and next time im in there i take care of my tab.. lol
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Your Safety Check and Day Inspection   Your Safety Check and Day Inspection EmptyJanuary 23rd 2011, 6:58 pm

Yep here in MI we are encouraged not to leave the pump but all the pumps have operational locks... In fact I've never even see a broken pump lock!! hahaha But yes I have a tire pressure gauge in the inside pocket of my carhartt I have spare 1157 h3 9005 9006 and a few others in stock in the top of my tool box including GE soft white 60-100 watt bulds as well!! lol I also have spare oil brake fluid tranny fluid and 90w and coolant on hand I try to keep myself prepared for anything simple.
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: Your Safety Check and Day Inspection   Your Safety Check and Day Inspection EmptyJanuary 24th 2011, 8:40 pm

merlin5577 wrote:
doc_auto wrote:
In2Trux wrote:

i never thought about that hypothetical situation. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Safety Check and Day Inspection   Your Safety Check and Day Inspection Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Safety Check and Day Inspection
Page 1 of 1