Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Do you own a gun?

Go down 
+11
Jimmeh
doc_auto
bigcountry78
Ryan_Crossman96
Britewhiteram
007jimmy
batty1214
In2Trux
johnboggs21
FaselZ71
merlin5577
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Own a gun?
Yes
Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap80%Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 12 ]
No
Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Not yet
Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Never
Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyDecember 17th 2010, 2:09 am

just my opinion...

i think every respectable citizen(even Canadian ones) should own at least one gun. for all around use. you never know whats gonna happen tomorrow. im not sayin build an arsenal, just an all around. like a shotgun.
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyDecember 17th 2010, 1:51 pm

the thing of it is, no one up here carries a concealed pistol.... if they have a rifle in their vehicle it supposed to be locked up in a case, this is the rural area that i live in tho, there are no "dark" neighbor hoods here, just regular, for the most part balanced people, Like Jimmeh said, a gun aint gonna help you when you've already got lead poisoning affraid
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyDecember 17th 2010, 5:15 pm

yeah but most of the people that are quick to pull a gun on you to rob you around here arent smart enough to accually use it when there life depends on it.. i could carry around a water gun and if someone tried to rob me and i pulled it out they would turn around and high tail it out of there but there is that chance that that person does try to shoot me and misses then they are gonna be sorry.. i have had to pull my gun out once in self defence and his gun wasnt even loaded.. mine was but i didnt shoot them but i shot it in his general direction and he dropped to the ground. i have never seen a black guy turn to white litterally. he dropped the gangster slang and all with the quickness. someone called the cops before i did and they were there within 30 seconds i swear.. they asked me what happened and for my paperwork.. the witnesses story lined up with mine and that guy got hualed off but he was lucky he left with his life. the cop even asked me why i didnt shoot him and all i could say was im not a coward and i cant shoot a guy that has his back turned twards me.. lol
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyDecember 17th 2010, 7:18 pm

I've never had to pull a gun on someone but here in Northern MI. you get alot of people who talk big but when push comes shove they turn tail and run... I was in the big truck and had to make a wide turn and crossed into the other lane and this guy pulled up along side me and was giving me the finger and yelling at me me calling me everything but a white guy. So I pulled into a parking lot and he followed me in I jumped out of the Z71 holding my big ass mill bolt which is about 3/4" thick and about 12" long and has a 1-1/2" head on it solid hardened steel and I said a few choice words to him while walking in his direction and he said back to me quote unquote "Come man chill out I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm just having a bad day!" I was about to the front of his truck and he got back in and I heard the door lock then he threw it in reverse and pulled away. The clerk was standing in the doorway phone in hand getting ready to call the police. I've never had to use my little club but it shuts the shit talkers up real quick! lol

Put's alittle grin on my face everytime I tell this story!
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyDecember 17th 2010, 7:22 pm

Has the censor been shut off? It didn't block out crap in my last post!

crap darn butt

See
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyDecember 17th 2010, 8:17 pm

if you shoot someone in the back in Texas its murder. no matter the situation.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyDecember 17th 2010, 8:51 pm

its similar here in pa.. its no longer self defence but really it just goes against my morals.. i wont punh a man unless he is looking at me dead in the eyes and unfortunatly i expect the same.. i have a alot of restraint and have gotten a few cheap shots when i went to walk away. unfortunatly for them thats about the time my morals go out the window..

weird about the censors.. dunno whats going on ther.e
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyDecember 18th 2010, 11:20 am

like i said, where i live there aint nobody running around with a concealed pistol, just doesnt happen, pistols are hard to come by up here in the rural areas, tons of rifles tho... lol

Im just not that worried about it heck ive never even seen road rage up here before..
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyDecember 22nd 2010, 2:29 pm

You are very lucky then Aaron. I pray I never have to pull any gun on someone, let alone use it.
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyDecember 22nd 2010, 5:45 pm

FaselZ71 wrote:
Has the censor been shut off? It didn't block out crap in my last post!

crap darn butt

See

When is et up the censors, I set them up for all lower case, or all uppercase, cyour examples are a mix???.... where as if I write it crap, it is censored???..... There are always ways around every censor, and I am sure there are times when certain features are not going tow work....lol..., I was trying to cover the basics, it is really up to the forum members to keep the language clean.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytrucksource.com
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyDecember 28th 2010, 10:11 pm

Remington 12 ga.

Browning 20 ga.

Thompson M1921 Submachine gun (Tommygun) - illegal to own, I suppose. Although it hasn't been shot in dog knows how long.
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyDecember 28th 2010, 10:25 pm

^not illegal here in semiauto
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyDecember 28th 2010, 10:42 pm

I'm fairly certain it's an automatic. Or at least modified to be on. If it was here, I'd check.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 5th 2011, 9:26 am

Picked up a old butt 12 gauge yesterday. It says Excel on it. My guess is that its from the 20s. Just working on my new years resolution lol
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 11th 2011, 10:16 pm

never guns kill ppl!!!!! lol jk Yes I have several
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 31st 2011, 4:11 am

darn, I been gone alot longer than I tought.

Do I own a gun? Does a Bear $*&% in the woods??? A couple !!!

Glock 23. Mid Frame .40S&W (Daily Carry)
Ruger GP 141 .357 Heavy Barrel 4in. Revolver
Ruger P89 9mm
Ruger P94DC .40S&W
Taurus Millenium 9mm
Taurus Millenium Pro .40S&W Sold to a Buddy
A .22LR Semi Auto Sat Night Special not worth mentioning.

Mossberg 500 12gu Every NON CRIMINAL Household should have 1 of these minimum.
Mossberg 835 12gu
Remington Single Shot .22S, .22LR (Vintage)
Ruger 10/22 .22LR I have 4 of these in various set ups, some blue, some stainless etc.
Savage 30-06 Bolt Action
Ruger 300 Win Mag Bolt Action
Yugo SKS w Bayonett, Grenade Launcher etc All # Matching.
Romanian AK-47 My favorite stress reliever, although 40rds at a time gets expensive.

Seems I am forgetting one or two??? All nicely locked away in the Gun Vault anchored to the concrete floor sitting right here next to my desk in the office. Except the Glock, its with me about 95% of the time. I like toys that go bang. As long as its not a truck or ATV backfiring.
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 31st 2011, 4:16 am

johnboggs21 wrote:
Picked up a old butt 12 gauge yesterday. It says Excel on it. My guess is that its from the 20s. Just working on my new years resolution lol

I'm skimming, so if noone has told you yet, I am fairly certain, Excel is a company, I want to say out of Gardner, MA that imports firearms. This doesn't mean its not an American rifle. It could have been released to Excel by some gov't agency too.
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 31st 2011, 4:37 am

I need to find my video of my daughters ex BF coming over to slash some tires at 3am one morning. He about left in a body bag, but only thing that saved his life was he didn't get out of the car this time. He got spooked by the way the vehicles were strategicaly parked. The cops seen the video though. I was in a dark corner with my glock. And after he pulls away, you get to see how close I was to him, when I step out of pure darkness into the light.
The cops asked me the same thing, how come you didn't shoot at him? I said because he didn't get out of the car with the knife in his hand, and if i am killing anyone, its going to be done legally, and I didn't feel threatened so I didn't shoot. The cops did go talk to him though and told him about the video and how close he came to dying that I want to kill him, but I am going to do it legally. The detective told him, you better stay away, and yes he does have video cams up now, we seen the video of your car pulled up behind his vehicles at 3am 2 nights ago, and after you pulled away, he walked into view of the outside cams in the light. We also listened to the indoor video where he opens the door, shuts off his alarm system and chambers a round, you about died so stay the F away from him, he wants you dead. I have not had single problem since. OK, is fairly safe to protect yourself, but you better make darn sure its for just cause, and better not shoot anyone in the back since that means the threat was eliminated and the person is running away.
I will not heisitate to snuff a thug, but I hope I never have to. I have no sympathy for thugs, theives, abusers etc, but they'll be dead and won't feel a thing. Its their mother, fathers, brothers, sisters, grandparents etc that are the ones that have to live the rest of their lives in pain and don't deserve it, and I wish not to inflict that kind of pain on anyone that doesn't deserve it.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 31st 2011, 2:35 pm

TruckAddict wrote:
Ruger GP 141 .357 Heavy Barrel 4in. Revolver

Ok TA, you got me stumped with this one. Did you mean the Ruger; GP 100? or SP101? or is the GP 141 something i've never heard of?
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 31st 2011, 2:39 pm

I love google Laughing According to Ruger, the GP141 is an alloyed version of the GP100. Answered my own question. Laughing

BTW, the GP100 is a beast of a gun, so I can tell you from experience, you have a great man stopper.
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 31st 2011, 4:19 pm

Yeah, pretty much the GP141, is a GP100 series, its just that the gun istself will have a specific model # for it. Like the GP161 would be the 6 in barrel model etc. I am sure it'll stop anything I need it to. I bought it, fell in love with it. Then got some auto's and kind lost interest in it since the auto's felt so much better in my hand. Then I came across some cheap Hogue grips for it at a gun show on year, and fell in love with it all over again. Now it fits my big butt hands like a glove.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 31st 2011, 4:39 pm

Nice! Yeah, Hogue makes some nice grips. I have a set on my LCR and love them!
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 31st 2011, 4:51 pm

On another note about the the GP100 series, unless its changed, the GP141 is the only one that comes in the heavy barrel variety. Its certainly meaty than most revolvers I've seen. I've had it for 22 years now, and never had a problem with it. Like a dumbazz, I have neglected it, and it gots a little rust on it that had to be cleaned off. We went out shooting / camping one time and was using the cab as our gun rest standing in the bed of a truck. We left the guns up there so the kids couldn't get to them, and left out overnight, the dew hit and yeah, its a ugly has you can imagine. STUPID !!!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 31st 2011, 4:55 pm

Ruger makes heavy barrels for most guns now. I know the GP100 comes in 3inch, 4inch and 6inch heavy barrel varieties too. They are great guns. Take a lickin and keep in tickin.
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 31st 2011, 5:08 pm

I have not had a problem with any of my Rugers at all. Taurus, differant story. Sure they are lifetime warranty, but they spend more time getting fixed and in the mail getting shipped than in my possestion it seems like, and i have to pay the shipping. So NO, I won't buy another Taurus. In fact my GP141, I broke the adjustable sight on it once. Called Ruger up to order it. Clearly, in the manual it showed to be $19.95 plus shipping. I just needed a piece of it, Ruger sent me the whole piece as a unit for FREE. And asked what other model Rugers I had and if I needed any parts for them. That might have been why they decided to do the FREE though, I listed off, 4 ruger 10/22, the P89, the P94DC, the M77 300Win Mag, so they knew I for certain a Ruger customer. They talked like they'd have sent me anythng I needed. I was impressed. I only bought Rugers for the reviews and the price point. S&W, Glock, Sigs, are alot of bread. But a buddy did convince me to buy a Glock for my daily carry since they are so easy to disassemble and clean. So I did, and have to say, I am impressed with the Glock too and it is much easier to clean and takes very little time, so I am much more likely to clean it where the Ruger Auto, PITA to get apart and clean. But I sitll like them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you own a gun?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Truck Source :: Off-Topic :: Polls-
Jump to: