Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Do you own a gun?

Go down 
+11
Jimmeh
doc_auto
bigcountry78
Ryan_Crossman96
Britewhiteram
007jimmy
batty1214
In2Trux
johnboggs21
FaselZ71
merlin5577
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Own a gun?
Yes
Do you own a gun?  I_vote_lcap80%Do you own a gun?  I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 12 ]
No
Do you own a gun?  I_vote_lcap7%Do you own a gun?  I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Not yet
Do you own a gun?  I_vote_lcap7%Do you own a gun?  I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Never
Do you own a gun?  I_vote_lcap6%Do you own a gun?  I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 10th 2010, 7:56 pm

I am very curious, how many people here own (legally!) guns? I am hoping I am in good company. Laughing

If you are not comfortable with making this information public, then please dont post and just vote in the poll. Thank you!

Last edited by merlin5577 on December 10th 2010, 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 10th 2010, 7:58 pm

My vote; yes
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 10th 2010, 8:47 pm

My vote... Yes! multiple

1 .22 cal long rifle w/ scope
1 20 gauge pump shotgun 5 round mag w/ 3 round plug for migratory birds
1 7mm STW w/ scope
1 45 cal inline bolt action muzzleloader w/ scope

All guns except shotgun have composite stocks and bushnell scopes the STW has the nickle plated barrel the shotgun has a standard wood stock. All are owned legally bought from reputable retailers. No handguns though unfortunatly.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 10th 2010, 10:51 pm

1 rough rider heritage 22 revolver

1 Daisy Red Ryder Millennium edition BB gun
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 10th 2010, 11:29 pm

NO never got into the hunting seen
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 11th 2010, 10:25 am

2 mossberg 20 gauge shotguns
1 Savage 243
1 marlin 22 cal
1marlin 30-30
2 remington 6mm
1 remington 7mm
1 savage 17 cal
1 357 colt trooper 2
1 llama 22 cal pistol
And on "lay away"
1 Taurus- "the judge" 45 cal./410 shot- handgun
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 11th 2010, 4:21 pm

ungraded the walther p99 to a kz45 a few months ago. i liked the 9mm but just wanted a bigger gun cause i could palm the p99... lol.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 11th 2010, 10:56 pm

In2Trux wrote:
NO never got into the hunting seen

What about home defense?
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 11th 2010, 10:57 pm

batty1214 wrote:

And on "lay away"
1 Taurus- "the judge" 45 cal./410 shot- handgun

Batty, you have no idea how jealous I am of you. Taurus handguns are illegal for sale/ownership in MA. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 11th 2010, 11:22 pm

Hehehehe oh yeah.... One perk of living in utah... Oh, and concealed permits are easy to get.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 12th 2010, 9:25 am

batty1214 wrote:
Hehehehe oh yeah.... One perk of living in utah... Oh, and concealed permits are easy to get.

all i had to do was go fill out some paperwork so they could run a basic backround check. within a week i had my carry permit.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 12th 2010, 9:32 am

007jimmy wrote:
batty1214 wrote:

all i had to do was go fill out some paperwork so they could run a basic backround check. within a week i had my carry permit.

Yeah, I had to sit in a 4 hour class, fill out the paper work, and give the government a bunch of money..... For extra I went and did the shooting test, which makes it so I can carry in Nevada, and New mexico
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 12th 2010, 9:53 am

i paid 45 bucks for mine and it took about 10 mins to fill out the paperwork. you dont even need a permit to buy a gun here in PA but you do need one to shoot it so its kind of retarted if you ask me.. kinda like a car.. you can buy it but you cant drive it unless you have your licence and all that other paperwork.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 12th 2010, 10:05 am

Huh... Here in utah you can buy, own and shoot a gun without a permit... If you want to carry one concealed, or concealed in a vehicle, you have to have a permit.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 12th 2010, 1:21 pm

I live in MA, I need a permit for everything. Sad
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 13th 2010, 7:35 pm

the hassle you have to go through to get a gun up here in Canada land is really a deterrent for most of us law abiding citizens to acquire fire arms

As for home defense, it really is not as big a deal up here in the great white north, you have to realize that i live in a province the size of texas with only 3 million residents, a lot of the crimes up here do not involve fire arms

Its a different mentality up here, guns are used for hunting, not against other people, well here in the rural areas like i live in, infact of the 15 or so firearms my Dad owns, only 1 is a pistol, and it fires .22lr, not exactly a show stopper, the rest are hunting rifles and shot guns, couple 7mm's, a 338, Lee enfield 308, three or 4 shot guns, couple .22lr gopher guns, some pellet guns, not an arsenal by any means, none were purchased with "home defence" in mind
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 13th 2010, 8:33 pm

at times i dont exactly travel the best parts of town.. there is a rather hight crime rate using weapons in my area lately so its more for self defence..
Back to top Go down
Ryan_Crossman96
Ryan_Crossman96

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 14th 2010, 1:50 am

1 savage 12 guage
1 remington 7mm
1 savage 30-06
1 glock 40
1 glock 9mm

I dont have my licenes to carry yet but im going to get them.
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 14th 2010, 7:36 pm

uh, HELL YES lol I believe in owning guns. i have a mossberg 20 ga shotgun, a marlin 22 rifle, and a remington 308 rifle. no pistol yet, but I do have my concealed permit and I'd like to have one someday.
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 15th 2010, 5:36 pm

hellyeah.

mossberg 500
1943 mosin-nagant that shoots 7.62x54r
no-name 22lr

next is some kind of semi-auto like a AK, AR-15, WASR, etc...
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 15th 2010, 9:18 pm

I own one .270 rifle. I will probably get one more rifle, and that will be it. I don't use it for home protection, just for hunting. I probably won't ever own a gun for home protection because I know how to defend myself anyway. Sure, I can't stop a bullet, but a gun won't necessarily keep me from getting shot anyway.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 16th 2010, 10:00 pm

Jimmeh wrote:
I own one .270 rifle. I will probably get one more rifle, and that will be it. I don't use it for home protection, just for hunting. I probably won't ever own a gun for home protection because I know how to defend myself anyway. Sure, I can't stop a bullet, but a gun won't necessarily keep me from getting shot anyway.

You can stop a bullet once.........
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 16th 2010, 10:14 pm

batty1214 wrote:
Jimmeh wrote:

You can stop a bullet once.........

Well, technically I could stop a bullet as many times as the shooter shoots at me (or rather, my dead body).

I'm not saying that I'm some hippy liberal and refuse to own a gun, I just probably won't buy a gone for the sole purpose of protecting my person and my home. I like guns, and I go shooting with my friends a lot, but I just don't see myself using a gun for protection.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 16th 2010, 10:25 pm

were your from and were im from are 2 totally different places.. if i make a wrong turn going to my shop ill be in a rather dark neighborhood..
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  EmptyDecember 16th 2010, 11:50 pm

007jimmy wrote:
were your from and were im from are 2 totally different places.. if i make a wrong turn going to my shop ill be in a rather dark neighborhood..

you should keep a flashlight handy.... New Idea Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Do you own a gun?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you own a gun?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Truck Source :: Off-Topic :: Polls-
Jump to: