Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque Empty
PostSubject: Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque   Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque EmptyAugust 5th 2010, 12:08 pm

Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque   Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque EmptyAugust 5th 2010, 12:40 pm

shoot those are some impressive numbers.......who needs a semi when ya got a Ford super duty? lol
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque   Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque EmptyAugust 5th 2010, 12:41 pm

WHEN WILL IT STOP !!!! HaHaHa Who cares LOL
I like to just sit back and watch the big three battle it out every year.
So who will it be next year....

I'm just glad I'm not the one that has to keep fuel in it.

Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque FordDieselHPHistory
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque   Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque EmptyAugust 5th 2010, 12:47 pm

its kind of funny really......I could hook my old blue truck up to the same load as these new trucks and tug it right along and get it where it needs to be with no problems....albeit I wont be climbing grades at 80 mph, but itll get it there right along without any need for DEF and without melting down the engine, and probably with better fuel economy lol........so ya have to wonder have we really moved forward any? That aside, my truck new was still quite a bit cheaper than one of these monsters new.....
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque   Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque EmptyAugust 5th 2010, 2:48 pm

I am wondering myself how this power bump effects fuel economy.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque   Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque EmptyAugust 6th 2010, 10:10 pm

From what I'm seeing on the diesel forums... The fuel economy is NOT GOOD at all.
but the funny part is, they are acting surprised and angry.
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

PostSubject: Re: Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque   Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque EmptyNovember 29th 2010, 4:02 pm

WHAT?? i thought ford proved that superduty out-performed the Duramax and cummins on fuel economy challenges???? maybe its because every aspect of the test was swayed in fords favor...........

Im happy with my 356rwhp and 18-22mpg LBZ thanks cheers
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque   Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque EmptyNovember 29th 2010, 6:28 pm

You know ford came out with these new numbers.... And what did they get for it? Another butt whooping by the duramax in the Rumble in the Rockies Challenge. lol

Or is this fords answer to that butt kicking? In which case wait til next year chevy will top it again!

Now you want a badass diesel??? Throw a CAT motor in front a allison or fuller and toss that combo under the hood of any pickup Chevy Ford Dodge don't matter... No one would be able to touch it. Just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

PostSubject: Re: Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque   Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque EmptyNovember 29th 2010, 7:33 pm

I will keep my Jap engine before i ever let anything yellow under the hood, that would be like installing a big bag of poop painted yellow... yep its yellow and its a POS! lol!

those numbers are PRE-rumble in the rockies, ford still fails.... but its not real if you ask the die-hard ford boys.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque   Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque EmptyNovember 29th 2010, 8:06 pm

Hey man if it aint a CAT its a dog
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque   Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque EmptyNovember 29th 2010, 8:10 pm

Amen!!! I think it might get alittle like pirate around here for while!!!! lol It's gonne be fun! pirat
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

PostSubject: Re: Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque   Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque EmptyNovember 29th 2010, 8:33 pm

whatever turns your crank but i have heard nothing good about any new cat engine, just cant keep em running
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque   Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque Empty

Back to top Go down

Ford Super Duty Reclaims Diesel Power Title: 400 HP, 800 Pounds-Feet of Torque
Page 1 of 1