Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

gettin the rear tank working again.......

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

gettin the rear tank working again....... Empty
PostSubject: gettin the rear tank working again.......   gettin the rear tank working again....... EmptyJune 7th 2010, 7:32 pm

dropped the tank today. Have some holes to deal with. I pulled the sending unit out and it looks fine. anyone know if JB weld and diesel are compatible? Im thinking JB weld and window screen. These are the 2 worse holes. theirs a few others but thier just pinholes.

gettin the rear tank working again....... 1275952766

gettin the rear tank working again....... 1275952732
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rear tank working again.......   gettin the rear tank working again....... EmptyJune 7th 2010, 8:05 pm

I know its compatible with motor oil, and diesel isnt a solvent so I dont see why it wouldnt work. Try it on a small patch and watch what happens.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rear tank working again.......   gettin the rear tank working again....... EmptyJune 7th 2010, 8:06 pm

IM thinking ill JB it up and fill it with water and let it sit for a couple days. If it doesnt leak ill throw it back in the truck and use it. If it does leak, well im only down a little bit of JB weld. If I do replace, ill probly do a plastic tank

It says on their site that its petroleum compatible so i guess it should fine.
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rear tank working again.......   gettin the rear tank working again....... EmptyJune 7th 2010, 10:49 pm

yeah you need plastique up north. i never saw anything on the JB weld label that said dont use with diesel.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rear tank working again.......   gettin the rear tank working again....... EmptyJune 7th 2010, 11:16 pm

yeah it can be used.. they sell accual gas tank repair putty.. it works great.. i used it on the bottom of a tank on a burban about a year or so ago.. now the wifes uncle owns the truck and it is still holding steady..
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rear tank working again.......   gettin the rear tank working again....... EmptyJune 7th 2010, 11:29 pm

Well i JB welded the piss out of it. I cut out a small tin patch and put it over the largest hole and then slathered JB all around it. We'll see how it is in the morning.
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rear tank working again.......   gettin the rear tank working again....... EmptyJune 7th 2010, 11:52 pm

good luck.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rear tank working again.......   gettin the rear tank working again....... EmptyJune 7th 2010, 11:54 pm

theirs a gentlemen on FTE thats going to give me his tank for free if I pay shipping if this doesnt work.
Back to top Go down
fordman68
Valued Member
Valued Member
fordman68

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rear tank working again.......   gettin the rear tank working again....... EmptyJune 9th 2010, 2:39 pm

my grandma had a 1978 Ford LTD 460 with a four barrel carb, glasspacks, and a passing gear. the gas tank rusted through in a spot and grandpa plugged it with a bar of soap.... it worked untill she totaled the car by driving off of a curve at 80mph in the late 80's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rear tank working again.......   gettin the rear tank working again....... Empty

Back to top Go down

gettin the rear tank working again.......
Page 1 of 1