Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back

Go down 
+4
Thrive87
007jimmy
merlin5577
In2Trux
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
In2Trux
In2Trux

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back Empty
PostSubject: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyMay 22nd 2010, 11:47 am

Hey guys !!! As some of ya may remember, my wife and I bought a new house.
Well moving day is approaching quickly.
I can't wait to get into this new house, pool and larger garage.

So, for a couple of weeks we will be homeless LOL

The people that bought this house (old house) take possession May 28. So we have to be out that morning at the latest.
But we can't take possession of our new house until June 07.

And on June 07 we still can't move in cause we are gonna paint the hole interior of the house and install all new flooring.
So by June 16 we will be moving in.
Hopefully by then we will have internet back up and running.

Hopefully I might be able to pop in once in a while on my daughter's computer to give you quick updates.

BTW LOL We will be living in my daughter's basement during the renovation HaHaHa we're not totally homeless

Last edited by In2Trux on May 22nd 2010, 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyMay 22nd 2010, 11:50 am

The old house

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back Frthouse-1

The New House

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back 79LabrecheDr
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyMay 22nd 2010, 1:01 pm

Laughing Congratulations Glenn! Good luck with the move!
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyMay 22nd 2010, 1:10 pm

GOODLUCK BUD.. just think of the garage.. lol
Back to top Go down
Thrive87
Thrive87

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyMay 22nd 2010, 4:41 pm

Good luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyMay 22nd 2010, 6:17 pm

Hey glenn good luck with the move! Take your time on the interior painting is always a pain in the butt. lol

We'll still be here when you return!
Back to top Go down
stealthdawg09
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyMay 23rd 2010, 10:13 am

Good luck on the new house!
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyMay 25th 2010, 4:14 am

yeah man good luck. and that garage is sweet.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyMay 27th 2010, 9:16 pm

Hey guys !! Thanks for all the well wishes.

Update: We are move into our daughters basement. That's the GOOD NEWS

Now The bad news: My wife had her Volvo V70 wagon full of stuff from the old house and I was following about 5 cars behind in my Volvo V70R full of cloths and just stuff we need for the next few weeks until our new house is ready for us.

Anyways back to the bad news... The full size chev van that I was following swerved off the road onto the shoulder, to reveal a pontiac Sunfire going the wrong way in our lane.
The Sunfire was going too fast for me to react in time. In my attempt to swerve the same way the van did was too little too late. The car got me in the driver's door and went all the way down the side of my car. The impact was hard enough to deploy the side curtain air bags destroying the left rear door and damaging the L rear stock R rim.

After I gave my head a shack and realize what just happened I climbed out the passenger to be greeted by the driver of the other car.
It only took me a minute to realize this idiot was loaded. And it was only 11:00 AM

It was only 5 minutes till 2 cop cars showed up and the sunbird driver was taken away in handcuffs and my car was taken away on a tow truck.

My for sale signs were still in the back windows of the car. Boy were the jokes starting to fly now LOL (Scratch and dent sale)

I'm fine. A little shocky at the time of the accident and the air bags sure scared the hell out of me... But all is good now. Waiting to find out if they are gonna fix the car but they are pretty sure, at the dealership that it's gonna get righten off.
Saves me having to continue to sell it.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyMay 27th 2010, 11:39 pm

Glad everyone is ok Glenn, let us know how it all turns out.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyMay 28th 2010, 1:54 am

congrats on finally getting rid of her.. just kidding.. hope everyhting works out in your favor and you dont have to deal with getting it repaired.. even if you got it back it wouldnt be right and the CARFAX would make it near impossible to sell..
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyMay 30th 2010, 4:07 am

oh darn man. glad your ok. drunk bastard. good luck with everything.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyMay 31st 2010, 8:26 am

It's Monday May 31
On Friday the insurance company phoned me and gave me the news
The car received at least $15000 damage. And the car is only worth $15k
So they left it up to me. Fix or Rite it off.

So I said we would rite it off. It was kinda sad in a way. Cause I know the car had a lot of life left in it.
It was fun while I had it. And I always got a lot of compliments about the car. but it's just not a practical ride for me.

Still living in our daughter's basement, here
Me, my wife, our 2 cats
my daughter, her husband and their 3 cats. Shocked

We take possession of our new house a week today. Monday June 07
but we can't move in until the house is repainted and the new flooring is installed.
Probably around June 16

Here is some pic of the Volvo V70R carnage
It doesn't look like much but it's $6500 interior damage
and $8000 exterior

$4k for a side curtain air bag
1700 for a LR door
There was some structural damage too.

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back IMG_0267-1

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back IMG_0268-1

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back IMG_0269-1

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back IMG_0271-1

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back IMG_0272-1

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back IMG_0270-1
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyMay 31st 2010, 11:02 am

The damage doesnt look bad, but like you said, structural damage is the tie breaker.

So, where the new Duramax? Laughing
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyMay 31st 2010, 4:41 pm

merlin5577 wrote:
The damage doesnt look bad, but like you said, structural damage is the tie breaker.

So, where the new Duramax? Laughing

you sure you dont mean scorpion? lol
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyJune 1st 2010, 7:07 pm

^^ thats what im wonderin haha. its good that ya got to decide what to do. i never get the chance.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyJuly 7th 2010, 3:18 pm

Hi gang !!! Well I'm back... well I've been back a couple of times but not as frequently as I use to be..

It's been crazy here, what with the move to the new house... moving boxes and furniture and unpacking and what not...
And the deal with the drunk totaling my Volvo V70R

Well I won't go into any boring details.. I'll let the picture speak.
Here is the new house after a ton of work and some pix of my new truck. Very Happy

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back IMG_0323-2

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back IMG_0324-2

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back IMG_0325-2

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back IMG_0318-2

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back IMG_0317-2

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back IMG_0319-2

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back IMG_0320-2

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back IMG_0321-1

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back IMG_0322-2

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back IMG_0289-1

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back IMG_0291-1

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back IMG_0287-1

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back IMG_0296-1

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back IMG_0275-1
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyJuly 7th 2010, 10:23 pm

LOOKS AMAZING... hows the garage.. lol
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyJuly 7th 2010, 10:28 pm

Glenn, first off, welcome back. Secondly... What. The. Hell. You said you where getting a 'nice' place. That is not a 'nice' place. That is freaking awesome! It even appears that you even got the obligatory cutie to sit pool side with you. Very nice!

And as for the truck, all i'm going to say is, I am not jealous.... I am VERY jealous.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyJuly 8th 2010, 8:12 am

007jimmy wrote:
LOOKS AMAZING... hows the garage.. lol

Thanks, I like too. I'm saving the pics of the garage till a lil later. My garage became the dumping zone for stuff we don't know what to do with and for MT boxes.
When I get it organized and set up the way I like it.. the I'll take you on a toor of the man cave

merlin5577 wrote:
Glenn, first off, welcome back. Secondly... What. The. Hell. You said you where getting a 'nice' place. That is not a 'nice' place. That is freaking awesome! It even appears that you even got the obligatory cutie to sit pool side with you. Very nice!

And as for the truck, all i'm going to say is, I am not jealous.... I am VERY jealous.

Thanks LOL That aint no cutie LOL well maybe. That's my wife, Lesley HaHaHa

Ya the place turned out pretty nice, thanks to Lesley. She was in charge of all the decorating
The place was pretty run down when we got it, as you can probably see in the pic that has the old back deck. I tore out the old and built the new.
We had ALL the flooring removed and put in new hardwood on the ground floor and carpeting upstairs. I have a contractor coming in a week or so to come and install a couple of gas fire places and plumb the garage for a gas heater.

Thanks for the big welcome back guys.

Soon my LMM will be as fast as your LB7 Rob. Congrats on your new Chip Very Happy
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyJuly 8th 2010, 12:13 pm

Very cool. Cant wait to see the garage.

You did an awesome job on that deck, i'm impressed. So whens the party? Laughing I couldnt help but notice that nice grill sitting all by itself...

As for your LMM. You dont have much to go. My LB7 is at a serious power disadvantage from the factory, but, my truck does weigh less.... Laughing

Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyJuly 8th 2010, 8:20 pm

hey man. looks like your doin real good. but one problem. no engine shot. lol. house n deck look great.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyJuly 8th 2010, 10:43 pm

merlin5577 wrote:

As for your LMM. You dont have much to go. My LB7 is at a serious power disadvantage from the factory, but, my truck does weigh less.... Laughing

You do have a point there Rob... I think it probably would be a close race. Very Happy

@ Andrew I keep forgetting to take some pics of under the hood... Thanks for the reminder.. I'll get a couple tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyJuly 8th 2010, 10:48 pm

In2Trux wrote:
You do have a point there Rob... I think it probably would be a close race. Very Happy

As they sit now, I'd blow your doors off..... Mod for Mod, you'd show me your tail lights without a problem.

In2Trux wrote:
@ Andrew I keep forgetting to take some pics of under the hood... Thanks for the reminder.. I'll get a couple tomorrow.

You better! Enough of the teaser shots lets see under the skirt!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back EmptyJuly 9th 2010, 10:35 pm

Hey Glenn.... where are those pictures? Question

And while your at it, how about some of it next to the Kodiak?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back   I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back Empty

Back to top Go down

I'll Be Gone, But I Will Be Back
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next