Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) Empty
PostSubject: Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware)   Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) EmptyMay 11th 2010, 3:01 pm

Ok so this past weekend me and my cousin got invited out to a friends mud pit for a first time mud bog! Brett and Josh and I where the first people to wheel this mud pit this year. Needless to say it wasn't quite broken in yet. However we did a fairly good job of getting broken in for next time... I still have only 2 wheel drive but the TSL's did their job perfectly and got my in and out of alot of stuff but also got me really stuck a few times!! Saturday evening was the worst! I got so stuck I broke 3 tow straps a chain and was still stuck! I had to leave the mistress in the hole overnight till I could get my big straps which is rated for 100,000+... It's over 4" wide and over 1" thick! I figured if I broke that strap then we had problems... But it did the trick!

So now on with the show!

Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) Ransom22
Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) Ransom6
Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) Ransom8
Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) Ransom1
Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) Ransom4
Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) Ransom2
Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) Ransom3
Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) Ransom5
Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) Ransom13
Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) Ransom12
Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) Ransom14

Gotta love pulling parts out of the mud!!
Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) Ransom15
Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) Ransom17
Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) Ransom16
Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) Ransom18
Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) Ransom11
Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) Ransom20
Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) Ransom23

So that is most of the action shots of this day. Most of the other pics are of hoods being up! My cousin's bronco burnt up the water pump. I overheated the mistress and burnt up her starter... They don't really like to work under water!
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware)   Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) EmptyMay 11th 2010, 3:16 pm

looks like a fun spot.. that bronco needs to be a lot bigger though.. hahah
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware)   Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) EmptyMay 11th 2010, 3:21 pm

Yeah we have a HP D44 with 5. sumthing gears. The bronco has coils in front already and this D44 has spring buckets so we are thinking about linking the front with coils and running leafs in the rear! But he just got off teather and has owned that truck for about 4 weeks so haven't gotten to do much yet!!
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware)   Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) EmptyMay 11th 2010, 3:24 pm

whats the 44 out of?
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware)   Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) EmptyMay 11th 2010, 3:26 pm

Not sure... He bought it when he was going to wyotech in PA. last year so I have no clue what it came out of. I think maybe a van but I couldn't honestly say.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware)   Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) EmptyMay 11th 2010, 3:53 pm

probley a dodge.. they had the 44s with springs..
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware)   Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) EmptyMay 11th 2010, 4:06 pm

is the pumpkin on the driver side or passenger? if it's on the passenger side, it's useless to a ford lol
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware)   Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) EmptyMay 11th 2010, 4:09 pm

nice! i went to a mud drags sat. but forgot my camera. it was their first one n there were bout 20 trucks. 10 bones to get in but only 4/10 trucks that i saw actually made it 60 ft. haha it took one twice to get through. it was nice but i had to leave early to go to the texas rangers game. beat KC's butt!
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware)   Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) EmptyMay 11th 2010, 5:19 pm

they came eather way.. i have seen both..
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware)   Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) EmptyMay 11th 2010, 5:34 pm

jeeps were DSD, dodges were PSD
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware)   Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) EmptyMay 12th 2010, 9:49 am

It's DSD that's why we know it'll work.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware)   Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) EmptyMay 12th 2010, 10:37 am

ok, just checking.. i've seen people try converting to PSD, hitting a hard bump or driving over a rut and BAM, no more starter and a broken bellhousing lol
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware)   Mothers Day weekend at Ransom's (56k beware) EmptyMay 17th 2010, 9:56 pm

LOL that's funny!! Nope if we do it then it stay all ford... Now my truck on the other got converted from DSD to PSD. I have enough clearance to save the starter and the bellhousing. I'm not a fan of snaping ujoints and having the driveline tear up the fuel lines! A broken front driveshaft hitting the fuel lines and spraying gas all over the headers caused this!