Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Who here knows about r/c cars?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
semocoachworks
Valued Member
Valued Member
semocoachworks

Who here knows about r/c cars? Empty
PostSubject: Who here knows about r/c cars?   Who here knows about r/c cars? EmptyFebruary 21st 2010, 3:33 pm

I ended up with a couple of r/c cars and I know nothing about them. One is a traxxas bandit and the other is a tamiya grasshopper. They both have batteries and controllers. No chargers for either of them and they are both electric not gas. I know the traxxas works but I ran the battery down. This one will flat butt move! Any ideas what they are worth? I dont want them.
Who here knows about r/c cars? 100_0501
Who here knows about r/c cars? 100_0503
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: Who here knows about r/c cars?   Who here knows about r/c cars? EmptyFebruary 21st 2010, 5:26 pm

The traxxas bandit sells new for anywhere from 140 - 170, and the Tamiya grasshopper I found new for anywhere from 99-120...... alot of the price is what it all includes, such as a transmitter, battery, charger, and the over all condition....... I'd say i want the Traxxas, but my wife would kill me if I came home with another rc car..... pale
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Who here knows about r/c cars?   Who here knows about r/c cars? EmptyFebruary 21st 2010, 5:29 pm

Another idea is to do an ebay search for them.

I like RC trucks but more into the tractor trailers. And Nitro Off Road Trucks
Back to top Go down
semocoachworks
Valued Member
Valued Member
semocoachworks

PostSubject: Re: Who here knows about r/c cars?   Who here knows about r/c cars? EmptyFebruary 21st 2010, 6:05 pm

The traxxas still had battery when I got it but we ran it down. For a electric car versus gas, this thing will fly. I guess the charger was in the house when it was packed up and probably got put in another box. My renter died week before last and his only family lives in Kentucky and when I gave them an inventory of his belongings, mostly all they wanted was photos, a couple handmade blankets, and his motorcycle riding leather stuff. I acquired a full household of belongings including tools, a 2007 kawasaki 4x4 4 wheeler with a plow and winch, a 243 savage, remington .22, gamo pellet gun, and a late 80's ford ranger 4x4(have to look at title to be sure. The r/c cars were part of his stuff that mo one wanted. Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Who here knows about r/c cars?   Who here knows about r/c cars? EmptyFebruary 21st 2010, 9:20 pm

Semo are those 9.6V or 7.2V cars? You could pick up the batteries and chargers for under $25 and sell them for a lot more.
Back to top Go down
semocoachworks
Valued Member
Valued Member
semocoachworks

PostSubject: Re: Who here knows about r/c cars?   Who here knows about r/c cars? EmptyFebruary 21st 2010, 9:27 pm

merlin5577 wrote:
Semo are those 9.6V or 7.2V cars? You could pick up the batteries and chargers for under $25 and sell them for a lot more.

They are both 7.2 volt. I really dont want to spend anything on them. Just kind of acquired them.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Who here knows about r/c cars?   Who here knows about r/c cars? EmptyFebruary 21st 2010, 10:25 pm

well if they are originals from the 70s you could have gotten a decent amount for them.. unfortunatly they started to reproduce them about a year or so again and the price dropped.. i seen some pretty crappy ones on ebay sell for 300.. they were in high demand for collectors for awhile..
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Who here knows about r/c cars?   Who here knows about r/c cars? EmptyFebruary 21st 2010, 10:25 pm

well if they are originals from the 70s you could have gotten a decent amount for them.. unfortunatly they started to reproduce them about a year or so again and the price dropped.. i seen some pretty crappy ones on ebay sell for 300.. they were in high demand for collectors for awhile..
Back to top Go down
semocoachworks
Valued Member
Valued Member
semocoachworks

PostSubject: Re: Who here knows about r/c cars?   Who here knows about r/c cars? EmptyFebruary 21st 2010, 10:53 pm

007jimmy wrote:

Cool, I have no idea how old they are but I would guess the black one is quite a bit older than the red one. If I had the charger, I would like to run the traxxas some more but we ran it dead. Thanks for the info Jimmy.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Who here knows about r/c cars?   Who here knows about r/c cars? EmptyFebruary 22nd 2010, 12:05 am

yeah the bandit is new.. i was refering to the grasshopper.. it is an original one by what i can see of the electronics.. more then likely it is from the late 70s.. throw it up on ebay as an original and see what you can get.. you may get more then you think still.. if not i might be able to take them off you hands for the right price..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who here knows about r/c cars?   Who here knows about r/c cars? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who here knows about r/c cars?
Page 1 of 1