Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

out of all the cars you have driven...

Go down 
+5
In2Trux
Jared Olson for SO IL
johnboggs21
007jimmy
Trucker_Eric
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

out of all the cars you have driven... Empty
PostSubject: out of all the cars you have driven...   out of all the cars you have driven... EmptyJanuary 22nd 2010, 12:40 pm

...which one was your favorite? can be any car you have ever driven, just explain what kind of car, maybe a pic or 2, mods, what you liked about it, etc.

my favorite i would have to say is my mazda. i drive it every once in a while, im waiting for it to get insured right now, but out of all the cars i drove around, my mazda is my favotire. its old, power nothing, radio barely works, its a basic little truck and its awesome to me.

my second favorite is my buddy's 1984 GMC High Sierra with 18" lift and 49" mudders, i drove it up into the garage at school when we had to replace the bolts in the front driveshaft. its only a 1500 but its got 3/4 tone running grea, that is until we fixed it. its now sitting on military rockwell 2.5 tone axles and still 49" tires. its his mud truck, looks something like this, not exact truck, this is a google image.

out of all the cars you have driven... 14565202-281-silverado-lifted-24-on-44-tsls-daily-d
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: out of all the cars you have driven...   out of all the cars you have driven... EmptyJanuary 22nd 2010, 12:59 pm

i would have to say it was the yellow chop top c10.. it didnt have any power really cause the 4.3 was on its last leg but the looks that i would get made up for it.. everytime i pulled up to a red light i would get "man that thing is cool". it never got fully finished but it did the trick for me.. now its probley crushed into a 4x4 square.. this summer the roof is probley gonna come of the red truck but im gonna do it right this time.. i already have the roll cage so all i got to do is tie it into the back wall and put the driverside brace back in.. i cant wait.. lol. then ill have plenty of power and still get the looks..

out of all the cars you have driven... Choptop1
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: out of all the cars you have driven...   out of all the cars you have driven... EmptyJanuary 22nd 2010, 1:07 pm

make sure when you cut it up you can put maybe a soft top for the rain or something along those lines. i seen pics of that yellow one and its really kool, im sure the red one will look 10 times better, yellow just isnt the right color for me, but i bet it did look good.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: out of all the cars you have driven...   out of all the cars you have driven... EmptyJanuary 22nd 2010, 2:02 pm

I have to say I'm liking my 93 F250 7.3 IDI the most at the moment. She is sounding awesome with the straight pipe, and gained a little power from the soup bowl/restrictor plate mod.

Grandpas 95 powerstroke 5spd F350 dually is pretty nice rig too. Lots of power, but i think mine sounds cooler!!
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: out of all the cars you have driven...   out of all the cars you have driven... EmptyJanuary 22nd 2010, 2:34 pm

im gonna put latches on the red trucks hod so i can put it back on, all i gotta do is figure out how to seal the seams. i was thinkin about lowering the roof line down some so the front window leans back but i dunno if im gonna do that.. worst case is im just gonna take the front window out and then cut the roof even with the pillars.. then ill just have a seal on the underside of the window and along the back of the cab.. i just got to plate everything for strenght.
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: out of all the cars you have driven...   out of all the cars you have driven... EmptyJanuary 22nd 2010, 2:37 pm

just chop the top a bit, no need fr a vert
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: out of all the cars you have driven...   out of all the cars you have driven... EmptyJanuary 22nd 2010, 4:58 pm

idk bout drivin but the one i rode in was a 3500 Cummins will a lift 4x4 duallie and a 2500 Cummins 4x4 was fun 2
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: out of all the cars you have driven...   out of all the cars you have driven... EmptyJanuary 22nd 2010, 5:14 pm

My favorite car I ever had was a 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass With T top.
I didn't do anything with. it had the stock 307.
But man!! I have a lot of good memories in that car

Here is a picture of the very same car.. sadly I never did get any good pictures of it

out of all the cars you have driven... 84Cutlass
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: out of all the cars you have driven...   out of all the cars you have driven... EmptyJanuary 22nd 2010, 5:25 pm

Holy crap Glenn, my dad had one just like that. Beautiful car.

My favorite car to drive was my Trans Am. I miss that car.

out of all the cars you have driven... 3522140108_medium
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: out of all the cars you have driven...   out of all the cars you have driven... EmptyJanuary 22nd 2010, 5:43 pm

Lets see. Favorite car when I was little - Dads 1963 Chevrolet C-60. Still is, in a way.

Favorite truck of all time was my old one. A 1993 GMC Sierra 2500. Nothing special, the only option it had was A/C, which hadn't worked since 1995 or so. I sold it on 11/26, and bought it's replacement on 11/30. I miss that truck a LOT, but I know it was time. If I had kept it any longer, it would be in need of an engine, most likely.

out of all the cars you have driven... 10-15-09003-1

It still hurts to see this photo.
out of all the cars you have driven... 11-27-09001

Favorite car I've ever owned was a 1970 Lincoln Continental. 460 with ~ 375 HP, and no emissions crap. Car has 33,620 miles on it when I sold it. All original. It looked showroom new too. I miss it Sad But I couldn't care for it the way it deserved. Those cars need to be stored in a climate and humidity controlled building.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: out of all the cars you have driven...   out of all the cars you have driven... EmptyJanuary 22nd 2010, 8:50 pm

merlin5577 wrote:

If I could find one in half decent shape, I'd buy it up in a minute.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: out of all the cars you have driven...   out of all the cars you have driven... EmptyJanuary 22nd 2010, 10:04 pm

In2Trux wrote:
merlin5577 wrote:

If I could find one in half decent shape, I'd buy it up in a minute.

Amen. I miss that car. My dad t-boned a guy who ran a stop sign and flattened the front end. Sad
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: out of all the cars you have driven...   out of all the cars you have driven... EmptyJanuary 23rd 2010, 4:15 am

I finally found a picture
The color was called Cherry Black. I called it Burgandy.
I luv'd those T Tops. Now this car was a chick magnet.

out of all the cars you have driven... CherryBlackCutlass
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: out of all the cars you have driven...   out of all the cars you have driven... EmptyJanuary 23rd 2010, 5:45 am

looks clean as hell.. why did you get rid of it.. i would have thrown a grand national motor in it and had a total sleeper..

the only car i wish i wouldnt have wrecked was my all original 1971 buick skylark gsx.. i bought it from an older lady whos husband had passed away. being she couldnt drive it cause it had way to much power for her she let me buy it after months of persistant knocking on her door.. i paid 400 bucks for it, it had less then 25k miles on it when i bought it.. it needed a little tlc on the suspension and brakes but i never had to mess with the motor.. it was A factory 455 can and could easily pull the front wheels off the ground when i launched it at the track.. the only real mods i did to it was lower it 3 inches in the front and 2 in the rear with some stiffer leafs in the back, dual flowmasters with a crossover pipe and a cam.. it was already a stage one motor from the factory so i didnt have to do much.. unfortunatly when i was doing the frame off resto on my old 79 bronco i hit some black ice and spun it around and hit a tree.. i was doing about 75 mph when i hit the ice and hit a poorly placed tree backwards.. i would have basically had to replace both quarters, truck pan, trunk, backwindow, rear bumper and wahtever braces where under the trunk pan.. at the time i didnt know what i had.. now i see all original gsx's with all the options i had on barret-jackson auctions going for upwards of 200k. i really wish i would have redone that car instead of my bronco but i didnt relize i would wreck it.. here is a google pic but it looks just like the one i had

out of all the cars you have driven... Marks71gsx-side
Back to top Go down
f150dailydragger
Valued Member
Valued Member
f150dailydragger

PostSubject: Re: out of all the cars you have driven...   out of all the cars you have driven... EmptyJanuary 23rd 2010, 5:34 pm

my buddie had a 93 RX7 twin turbo. got to drive that a bunch.it was a blast super fast and sporty car to drive. i had a couple camaros and a bronco that i miss. but that car was so fun. he totaled it 4 months after he got it.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: out of all the cars you have driven...   out of all the cars you have driven... EmptyJanuary 27th 2010, 1:25 am

best thing i ever drove was my dad's cutlass.. simply because it's the car i grew up around through it's many rebuilds and frame-off resto.. which was pointless because the car is sitting and rotting again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: out of all the cars you have driven...   out of all the cars you have driven... Empty

Back to top Go down

out of all the cars you have driven...
Page 1 of 1