Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring Empty
PostSubject: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 23rd 2009, 11:56 pm

Mahindra’s new diesel-powered TR20 and TR40 small trucks will be on sale by the spring, said John Perez, CEO of Mahindra’s distributor Global Vehicles USA.

“As of today, we are projecting that the vehicles will be on sale in the middle of spring, [2010],” Perez said in a webcast video to Mahindra’s U.S. dealer network.

In August, the launch was pushed back to February.

Mahindra has completed all the testing needed to ensure the Indian-built pickups meet U.S. federal standards, Perez said. The company expects that certification paperwork will be submitted for approval to the government in January and approved by February.

Mahindra TR Series pickups will be offered in two cab configurations: a two-door regular cab and a four-door crew cab. Both will use a slightly modified version of Mahindra's mHawk 2.2-liter inline-four-cylinder diesel engine that meets U.S. emissions regulations. It's expected to have fuel economy ratings as high as 30 mpg and 1.3-ton hauling capability. Pricing is expected to start around $22,000.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/12/mahindras-us-distributor-says-first-trucks-on-sale-by-spring.html
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 24th 2009, 12:24 am

HOLY CRAP.. so much for them being cheap lol
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 24th 2009, 4:24 pm

Your kidding right? Can you find a brand new diesel pickup for less then $22,000????
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 24th 2009, 4:30 pm

they hardly classify as a truck in my eyes.. they look like they're the size of a geo tracker lmao
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 24th 2009, 4:37 pm

79_bronco wrote:
they hardly classify as a truck in my eyes.. they look like they're the size of a geo tracker lmao

Have you read about them at all? They are hardly Geo Trackers. A 1.3-ton hauling capability, 6Klb + towing capacity, etc.... if thats not a truck I hate to see what you called your F-150....
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 24th 2009, 6:49 pm

if you need a truck to tow that much, you can buy a fairly new fullsize turbo diesel.. they don't classify as a truck to me because they're the size of a geo..
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 24th 2009, 10:51 pm

79_bronco wrote:
if you need a truck to tow that much, you can buy a fairly new fullsize turbo diesel..

And you will pay $30,000 dollars minimum..... wasnt that your original point? Rolling Eyes

79_bronco wrote:
they don't classify as a truck to me because they're the size of a geo..

They are smaller then a full size truck, but they are not small at all, comparable to a Dodge Dakota.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 24th 2009, 10:55 pm

that's funny because i worked at a ford dealership and we had 2-3 year old super duty diesels on our lot for under 25000 in immaculate condition.. honestly, i hope they flop.. we put enough money in the middle eastern country's pocket with the insane gas prices
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 24th 2009, 11:00 pm

79_bronco wrote:
that's funny because i worked at a ford dealership and we had 2-3 year old super duty diesels on our lot for under 25000 in immaculate condition.. honestly, i hope they flop.. we put enough money in the middle eastern country's pocket with the insane gas prices

Wait a second, the first thing you said was that the $22K price tag WASNT cheap, now your comparing 2-3 year old trucks (which are in your words $3K more) to a brand new one? Laughing I got one word for that;

Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring Fail
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 24th 2009, 11:09 pm

you mean to tell me you'd sacrifice 3k and go with some little junk box that comes out of a country who's already ripping us off? where's your american pride? our economy is in the toilet and you wanna support a company who is foreign, instead of supporting this country by buying american made?
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 24th 2009, 11:20 pm

79_bronco wrote:
you mean to tell me you'd sacrifice 3k and go with some little junk box that comes out of a country who's already ripping us off? where's your american pride? our economy is in the toilet and you wanna support a company who is foreign, instead of supporting this country by buying american made?

Are you going to keep making useless posts because you cant defend your previous ones?

Go back through ALL of my posts on ANY forum and find one where I said I was going to, or did buy ANY foreign car. EVERY vehicle I have ever own has a 1 for the first digit on the vin, I doubt you can say the same. Do not try to play the patriot card with me Chris.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 25th 2009, 12:21 am

now now boys... this may be a drunk post but put the balls away... i think the rest oy us know you both have a small set..
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 25th 2009, 1:11 am

you're insinuating the fact that you would buy 1, or promoting them, so to speak.. any red blooded american would take a step back and say 'i'm not buying something made by a county who's already bleeding us dry.' so what if it's only 22k new.. anyone i know or have ever come across would much rather spend a little extra to buy an american owned and/or built brand.. sometimes i don't feel the need to defend what i say.. but most of the time, i don't even remember what i say and contradict myself lmao.. i have ADD and i love it, it's fun.. but either way, i hope they flop, (i'll go bill cosby on this post) those knuckleheads rape us of enough of our money.. hopefully other people realize that
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 25th 2009, 1:12 am

007jimmy wrote:
now now boys... this may be a drunk post but put the balls away... i think the rest oy us know you both have a small set..

a small set just means you.. iunno how to keep this PG so nevermind lmao
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 25th 2009, 1:19 am

My truck was a lil over 15k new, and it would whip that mahindras butt.

I wonder what kind of parts base they have for these?
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 25th 2009, 1:25 am

yours is also a 93.. trucks were a whole lot cheaper then lol
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 25th 2009, 1:29 am

ya got me there lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 25th 2009, 1:38 am

if people want a small truck, buy a standard cab tacoma.. if they want towing capacity, buy a fullsize.. it's not a good idea to tow a lot of weight with a little truck, they don't stop so great when you put a bunch of weight behind them lol
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 25th 2009, 10:42 am

Chris, Mahindra is from India, not the middle east. And I would rather buy a Indian truck then a Japanese one. At least India never bombed us.....

Your entitled to your opinion and on that front we will have to agree to disagree. But, if you would rather buy a Toyota over a Mahindra, your a hypocrit.

I'm not supporting them or insinuation I will buy anything. The reason I am happy to see them come here is I beleive they will give the American companies a kick in the butt to build something comparable. In Brasil you can buy a Diesel powered Ford Ranger. In Thailand you can buy a Diesel powered Chevy Colorado. Neither of those are available here. If Mahindra comes here and is successful, it will pretty much force the American companies to sell those trucks here, and I will buy one of those.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 26th 2009, 12:38 am

AH! hold it there.. in brazil you can also buy a diesel powered S10! oh yes, they most certainly still build them down there.. and they're awesome!!! they need to bring them to the states and discontinue the stupid colorado!

and the tacomas are built in america, meaning there are thousands of US citizens who still have jobs in the toyota plants. so the japs bombed us, and? they're keeping thousands of us employed, so a big thumbs up to them cheers things happen, wars are started. it's life, it'll always happen. our country isn't holding a grudge against them for something that happened 70 some years ago? i guess i should hate germans for killing some of our troops in WWII as well? no.. nothing is gained by holding a grudge.. sad thing is, i hate asians.. they creep me out with their slanted eyes and flat faces and i'm standing up for them lmao go figure
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 26th 2009, 10:49 am

You are unbelieveable. You think that the tacoma being assembled here (just like the Mahindra you bashed earlier) keeps Americans in a job? What do you think happens to that money when you buy a toyota? I'll give you a hint... it doesnt stay here. Never mind all the people they put OUT of a job because the America car wasnt bought. And I wont even go into the research and development aspect of it.... but i'll give you a hint, its not benefiting Americans.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 26th 2009, 1:35 pm

it's benefiting the americans who work in their plants. not all the money goes to japan, a lot yes, but quite a bit of it stays in the US to pay the employees, material costs, etc etc etc.. it's not toyota's fault that americans like their trucks better than american owned companies. they're making money in a country that's foreign to them, as does GM, ford, and chrysler. if an american car/truck wasn't bought, than the big 3 US companies need to step up their game and build something in comparison to the toyotas.

fact of the matter is, everyone has their opinion. no one ever tends to fully agree on anything. this is the way i see it, so it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 26th 2009, 4:09 pm

Okay, you do realize that the new ford diesel motors are slated to begin production in What country???? oh wait, mexico......... and hmm...... And as for Merlins point, I see it...... If mahindra comes to the united states with a truck comparible to the size of a dodge dakota, that has a payload of a little over 1 ton, While pulling 30mpg???? I want you to show me a American(its hard to say that, as most of the big 3 use parts made in factories in india... hmm interesting ehh?) Which is that size, able to carry that weight, is a diesel, and pulls 30mpg........ I havent seen one.... they dont even expect any of the 3 big diesels to pull anything close to 30...... some do, but after modifications....... I agree, I just hope mahindra lights a fire under Detroits butt to get with the program, and bring the diesel powered midsize trucks to the united states........ as well as bringing the epa estimated fuel economy up to a similar range.... but as of now, you have to buy foreign to get anything like that in a diesel powered truck.... Im just as loyal to american made stuff as you, and I hate seeing our money leave the country, while our economy is crap..... If the big 3 could compete, mahindra wouldn't be considering bringing their trucks here.... but as of now, there is not a comparible vehicle for sale by any other company.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 26th 2009, 5:36 pm

that's about the only good they will bring, lighting a fire under detroits butt.. after that, i hope the indian ba$tards run for the hills and pull out of the US. like i previously stated, india takes enough of our money. so what if some of our stuff is coming from mexico? it gives them a reason not to run to the US to make a living lol
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring EmptyDecember 27th 2009, 11:47 am

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

-Fortune Cookie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring   Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring Empty

Back to top Go down

Mahindra's U.S. Distributor Says First Trucks On Sale By Spring
Page 1 of 1