Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

4.3 to carb setup

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

4.3 to carb setup Empty
PostSubject: 4.3 to carb setup   4.3 to carb setup EmptySeptember 10th 2009, 6:53 pm

So, my 93 s10's dash board came apart yesterday....... everything stopped working scratch ...... come to find out today after tearing into it, that a little mouse decided it was a fun place to chew....... and Im not going to fix the inner harness.......... It has a 4.3 V6 with only 13,000 miles on it, It runs really nice, and I have a jeep...... Im thinking about swapping it into the jeep, since the jeep was a barn find..... the interior is in great shape, and after washing the bird terd off , the paint and body panels are in decent shape.......
So I have a couple ideas,
Im wanting to keep the tbi on the motor, but I don't know what its gonna take to swap the electrical over.....
So I was thinking Carburator, but Im not sure what I have to change on the engine to make it carb friendly......

The engine is a 1993 4.3 V6.........Non Vortec
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

4.3 to carb setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4.3 to carb setup   4.3 to carb setup EmptySeptember 10th 2009, 7:08 pm

basically you need to get a distibutor, carbed intake and a 2 barrel carb... why not just keep the 4.3 in the s10 and do the same thing... run all mechanical guages and be done with it.. they sell fiberglass dashboards that dont have any holes so you can set it up any way you like.. but if you do wanna swap it into the jeep youll need to go out and buy the 350 motor mount swap kit they make and a set of headers... it takes alot of work and money to do that swap when all is said and done..
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

4.3 to carb setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4.3 to carb setup   4.3 to carb setup EmptySeptember 10th 2009, 8:23 pm

Summit, Jegs, and paceperformance sell motor mount, header, radiator swap combos to put a 4.3L in a Jeep. I would check those out for hardware.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

4.3 to carb setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4.3 to carb setup   4.3 to carb setup EmptySeptember 13th 2009, 9:14 pm

the reason im thinking of junking the s10 is the transfercase is junk, the chain is stretched, the front end is going to pot..... the rear axle is howling at 70mph, and the thing whistles as it goes down the road...... but, i have been thinking about swapping in the jeep axles, and putting a 700r4 behind it with a nv205 case behind it..... at least until i can find a set of d44 out of a scout or 60-70 bronco and a ford 9 inch for the rear... i just figure the jeep is a little better platform for a rock/trail rig over the s10.
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

4.3 to carb setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4.3 to carb setup   4.3 to carb setup EmptySeptember 13th 2009, 9:18 pm

The parts are easy to find as this is a very popular swap.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

4.3 to carb setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4.3 to carb setup   4.3 to carb setup EmptySeptember 13th 2009, 9:22 pm

as far as money goes, im way under budget as of now anyway. i got the truck 2 years ago for5 dollars and reroofed the guys house, put plugs, wires,cap and rotor in it, and been driving it to and from work now and then. put 5000 miles on it as of now...... i got the jeep for the cost of 30 minutes drive, and loading it on the trailer....... so, im only 150 dollars into both vehicles.
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

4.3 to carb setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4.3 to carb setup   4.3 to carb setup EmptySeptember 13th 2009, 9:32 pm

Dang! Well then you can spend money on Jeep parts then!
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

4.3 to carb setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4.3 to carb setup   4.3 to carb setup EmptySeptember 13th 2009, 9:38 pm

solid axle the s10.. they make great trail trucks as well.. 79 bronco axles are great under it.. hd dana 44s work well too..
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

4.3 to carb setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4.3 to carb setup   4.3 to carb setup EmptySeptember 13th 2009, 9:41 pm

Or build both!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4.3 to carb setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4.3 to carb setup   4.3 to carb setup Empty

Back to top Go down

4.3 to carb setup
Page 1 of 1