Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

1977 Lincoln Continental Carb Float

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AdeptusMechanicus

AdeptusMechanicus

1977 Lincoln Continental Carb Float Empty
PostSubject: 1977 Lincoln Continental Carb Float   1977 Lincoln Continental Carb Float EmptyMarch 28th 2010, 8:49 pm

I have a 1977 Lincoln Continental with a 460 with a Motorcraft D7VE-SA carb.

I want to rebuild the carb because something inside the carb is preventing the choke from completely opening. However the mechanicus I know have told me that if I am going to rebuild the carb that I should definitely get a new float.

I am having trouble finding a float and the websites that I have found all say they're sold out of em. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem as I would like to keep the car as stock as possible.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: 1977 Lincoln Continental Carb Float   1977 Lincoln Continental Carb Float EmptyMarch 28th 2010, 9:30 pm

you can use any float really as long as it fits in the bowl and doesnt interfear with anything.. its not gonna change the apperance of the carb or the car for that matter so you would be the only one to know..
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: 1977 Lincoln Continental Carb Float   1977 Lincoln Continental Carb Float EmptyMarch 28th 2010, 9:49 pm

I say... Don't replace it unless you have to. If it's still floating and you can't hear any fuel inside it?? It's still good. IMO

Welcome to the forum AdeptusMechanicus. Haven't seen your Intro thread yet. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: 1977 Lincoln Continental Carb Float   1977 Lincoln Continental Carb Float EmptyMarch 28th 2010, 10:15 pm

In2Trux wrote:
I say... Don't replace it unless you have to. If it's still floating and you can't hear any fuel inside it?? It's still good. IMO

Welcome to the forum AdeptusMechanicus. Haven't seen your Intro thread yet. Smile

I say replace it no matter wat. I messed wit floats in tractors enough that the bend a lil and there F***ered up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1977 Lincoln Continental Carb Float   1977 Lincoln Continental Carb Float Empty

Back to top Go down

1977 Lincoln Continental Carb Float
Page 1 of 1